Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is suspected by some that Lyme does this. Also, Epstein Barr. So it’s certainly possible.

@Medstudies where are you?

Malaria has relapses. My father had malaria from travels in the Congo and had relapses later in life. There are now medications for this, but not when he had it.

"In P. vivax and P. ovale infections, patients having recovered from the first episode of illness may suffer several additional attacks (“relapses”) after months or even years without symptoms. Relapses occur because P. vivax and P. ovale have dormant liver stage parasites (“hypnozoites”) that may reactivate."​

CDC - Malaria - About Malaria - Disease

Or the new Spring 2020 air hostess flight attendant uniforms will be hazmat suits. :p

Looking forward to Fall 2020 fashion week, all hazmat suits.
Lol, already passé composé?!
https://fashionista.com/2018/03/fashion-week-fall-2018-trend-apocalypse-hazmat-suits
Designers Are Prepared for the Apocalypse, According to All the Hazmat Gear on the Runways
How to dress for dystopia like a fashion girl?
Mar 2, 2018
'' This season, designers appear to have taken it upon themselves to provide clothes for a new, extremely grim and hopefully entirely hypothetical situation: the apocalypse?
Miuccia Prada showed her own take on hazmat geat for Prada's Fall 2018 range, complete with an assortment of bright, punchy rubber. There were a large sampling of protective shoe coverings, bucket hats and even more overboots, as well as heavy-looking rubber pants, vests and skirt sets.

The post-apocalyptic aesthetic soon after landed in Paris, at John Galliano's latest for Maison Margiela. The collection may have featured the most literal interpretation of hazmat gear yet: Models walked the runway in clear plastic helmets and overcoats, their gear stowed away in similarly transparent plastic bags. There was no shortage of extra-long rubber gloves, clompy boots or parkas that appeared to be suitable for, let's darkly say, a nuclear winter. ''

There was a case in a man who was in Hawaii but tested positive after he left. I think they said they thought he'd caught it before going to Hawaii, and was feeling a little bit ill while he was there, and then probably more ill when he went back home (to Japan?) and got tested and confirmed infected.

It was reported that they were doing contact tracing to find people who'd been near to him while he was in Hawaii, so I guess they would have tested if anyone from that group had had symptoms?

Thanks, Amonet. This might have been what I was thinking of (see my post above yours).

ETA: Yea, this is exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you.

Japanese Couple on Delta Flight From Hawaii Diagnosed With Coronavirus

O/T humor for this thread, as we really need some.

Personal ad: Man with Cornavirus seeking woman with Lyme disease.
I read today that 38% of Americans say they are avoiding Corona beer, or some such nonsense. My husband pointed out Corona goes well with "Lyme" so we're having Corona beer with lime tonight.

Totally unfair if a company is suffering because of something completely unrelated to it. Some public education needs to happen about WHY the virus is called corona (the kid video I posted upthread explains it easily).

I'll do my part to help Corona. ;) Cheers.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/ameri...-beer-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-survey-finds/

jmo

Lol, already passé composé?!
https://fashionista.com/2018/03/fashion-week-fall-2018-trend-apocalypse-hazmat-suits
Designers Are Prepared for the Apocalypse, According to All the Hazmat Gear on the Runways
How to dress for dystopia like a fashion girl?
Mar 2, 2018
'' This season, designers appear to have taken it upon themselves to provide clothes for a new, extremely grim and hopefully entirely hypothetical situation: the apocalypse?
Miuccia Prada showed her own take on hazmat geat for Prada's Fall 2018 range, complete with an assortment of bright, punchy rubber. There were a large sampling of protective shoe coverings, bucket hats and even more overboots, as well as heavy-looking rubber pants, vests and skirt sets.

The post-apocalyptic aesthetic soon after landed in Paris, at John Galliano's latest for Maison Margiela. The collection may have featured the most literal interpretation of hazmat gear yet: Models walked the runway in clear plastic helmets and overcoats, their gear stowed away in similarly transparent plastic bags. There was no shortage of extra-long rubber gloves, clompy boots or parkas that appeared to be suitable for, let's darkly say, a nuclear winter. ''
I liked margarita25's "swimsuit and masks only" dream better than this real Fashion Show idea....moo

There was a case in a man who was in Hawaii but tested positive after he left. I think they said they thought he'd caught it before going to Hawaii, and was feeling a little bit ill while he was there, and then probably more ill when he went back home (to Japan?) and got tested and confirmed infected.

It was reported that they were doing contact tracing to find people who'd been near to him while he was in Hawaii, so I guess they would have tested if anyone from that group had had symptoms?

A Japanese man and his wife traveled from Japan to Maui and then to the main Island. They had no symptoms in Maui, but developed symptoms before returning to Japan. They both tested positive after returning home. People who thought they may have been in contact with the couple were asked to self-quarantine. There has been no information about infected people in Hawaii.

Malaria has relapses. My father had malaria from travels in the Congo and had relapses later in life. There are now medications for this, but not when he had it.

"In P. vivax and P. ovale infections, patients having recovered from the first episode of illness may suffer several additional attacks (“relapses”) after months or even years without symptoms. Relapses occur because P. vivax and P. ovale have dormant liver stage parasites (“hypnozoites”) that may reactivate."​

CDC - Malaria - About Malaria - Disease

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Lets hope the scientists are studying this coronavirus closely enough to consider whether it is relapsing in patients. That sure would explain some of the news of people who thought they re-caught it again after getting better.

My fear level about this virus has been going through relapses quite a bit. Some days I am able to just read the articles and learn all the information and then other days I hardly want to read about it because it is so upsetting.

BREAKING: At least 210 people in Iran are believed to have died of coronavirus, according to the BBC, citing hospital sources. The official death toll is 34.

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

I don't see a confirmation yet, but looking..,,,

This reminds me, “I saw a video on YT...”

Seriously, re: the Iran Health Minister that was “sweating”, we know that he indeed contracted CV, and many were probably thinking about the guy standing next to him. Well, I heard confirmation yesterday MOO that the other man also tested positive. Not sure if that has been mentioned yet. Making a “note” for that.

I read today that 38% of Americans say they are avoiding Corona beer, or some such nonsense. My husband pointed out Corona goes well with "Lyme" so we're having Corona beer with lime tonight.

Totally unfair if a company is suffering because of something completely unrelated to it. Some public education needs to happen about WHY the virus is called corona (the kid video I posted upthread explains it easily).

I'll do my part to help Corona. ;) Cheers.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/ameri...-beer-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-survey-finds/

jmo

I still cant wrap my head around that kind of stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025