Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, this is the only thing that concerns me. While still several weeks away, DH and I have tickets for Michigan Opera Theatre's production of Champion (April 5) and American Ballet Theatre's Swan Lake (April 19). The tickets weren't cheap, and we do not want to miss either theatrical event at Detroit Opera House. I'm not an alarmist and hope we will be able to attend both performances without fear of becoming ill. I think we will know much more about the potential spread of COVID-19 over the next few weeks, and I will certainly be vigilant about monitoring local cases of the virus.
I totally understand your concerns. My DH and I have tickets to fly across country (So Cal to east coast) to visit our grandchildren in mid April. I think we will need to evaluate our plans as it gets closer based on what is happening in the country at that time.

This news I heard this morning
a student at Jackson High School in the city Mill Creek, Wa tested positive for the Coronavirus. The first US case happened in Everett WA.
I live in incorporated Everett which borders with Mill Creek.

Thursday l spend time with friends (they live in Mill Creek), we discussed the virus, the important steps of washing your hand often when in public, keeping your hands away from your face. And staying away from large crowds.

My husband is in remission for Leukemia and had a stem cell transplant at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
I don’t believe he can survive the
Coronavirus if he is exposed.. It’s deadly for people with weakened immune systems.

Bothell High School staff member family member tested negative

Hugs to you and your family. Be safe and stick with us

More info about the death

"A spokesperson for EvergreenHealth Medical Center, Kayse Dahl, said the person died in the facility, but gave no details.

State and King County health officials said "new people (have been) identified with the infection, one of whom died." They did not say how many new cases there are.

Amy Reynolds of the Washington state health department said in a brief telephone interview: "We are dealing with an emergency evolving situation."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid-19-feb-29-1.5481048

Patient no. 1

"A person has died in Washington state of COVID-19, state health officials said Saturday, marking the first such reported death in the United States.

State officials issued a terse news release announcing the death, gave no details and scheduled a news conference."​

The first case in the US happened in Everett, WA. He has recovered and was released from the hospital.

I decided to start watching "Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak" (the docuseries on Netflix). It was clearly filmed prior to the coronavirus situation and is discussing pandemics in general and our preparation and readiness for them. I'm only on episode 1 (I think there are 6 episodes) so I'm not sure if they discuss coronavirus specifically in future episodes. It's interesting but also unsettling. Anyone else watched it?
Yes. Before covid-19 was a I thing. Talk about feeling like I just experienced a huge coincidence. LOL I liked it. I felt that it really took the viewer into hands on work being done.

“Gov. Jay Inslee released the following statement:

"It is a sad day in our state as we learn that a Washingtonian has died from COVID-19. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. We will continue to work toward a day where no one dies from this virus.

"In partnership with the Washington State Department of Health, the Washington State Department of Emergency Management and local and community health partners, we are strengthening our preparedness and response efforts. I am committed to keeping Washingtonians healthy, safe and informed.””

1 dead from coronavirus in Washington state, health officials confirm

More info about the death

"A spokesperson for EvergreenHealth Medical Center, Kayse Dahl, said the person died in the facility, but gave no details.

State and King County health officials said "new people (have been) identified with the infection, one of whom died." They did not say how many new cases there are.

Amy Reynolds of the Washington state health department said in a brief telephone interview: "We are dealing with an emergency evolving situation."​

RIP to the person who died. Prayers for his/her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar