Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You nailed it. I would like to order some high quality, legit KN95s or maybe KN94s. I have some KN95s that I doubt are the real thing... the ear loops are too tight and tend to pop off the mask when DH tries to use them. I have some N95s (3M Aura masks) but they are hard for me to breathe in. I guess that means they work.
The aura masks definitely work. But I find it very hard to breathe in them also.

Our Human Resources Department where I work just sent out an email with information on our medical coverage and reimbursement for self-tests that we purchase on our own. They noted that if you buy a self-test kit that comes with two tests in it, that will count as two tests for your purchase allotment.

Replying to my own post -- the HR email also said that each covered member under their health plan will be reimbursed for up to 8 diagnostic self-tests per month. That means for my husband and I, we will can purchse 16 self-tests a month and be reimbursed. If we buy them at our pharmacy, then we just use our medical insurance card, no charge, don't need to pay and then get reimbursed, it will be charged directly to our plan. So if pharmacies end up with a good supply of self-tests, I guess we can go ahead and pick them up with no out of pocket costs, per the email that we received today.

I really hope we don't need that many tests.

edited for spelling

Replying to my own post -- the HR email also said that each covered member under their health plan will be reimbursed for up to 8 diagnostic self-tests per month. That means for my husband and I, we will can purchse 16 self-tests a month and be reimbursed. If we buy them at our pharmacy, then we just use our medical insurance card, no charge, don't need to pay and then get reimbursed, it will be charged directly to our plan. So if pharmacies end up with a good supply of self-tests, I guess we can go ahead and pick them up with no out of pocket costs, per the email that we received today.

I really hope we don't need that many tests.

edited for spelling

I would like to see efficacy and quality of these tests that are being mass produced.

As a community service, I sent a group email to our business subscribers about this new website. However, knowing government websites as I do, I added a notice that IF the site was not working, to try again.
Still, I'm sure, some people will give me grief if they cannot get through...

I tried, I get to place order and then it goes back to the previous screen.

I would like to see efficacy and quality of these tests that are being mass produced.

I don't know what brands the federal government will be sending out, it will be interesting to see. The tests that will be reimbursed by health plan coverage, however, can be selected by the individual purchaser, you have the choice of what brand/manufacturer you want. I like Abbott's Binax self test, and will be watching out for those.

I was busy today, but managed to order my free tests and I’m glad to see everyone here did too. I also ordered them for an elderly friend who would get befuddled trying to do it. I hope the site doesn’t crash tomorrow!

Is the president going to provide a couple of single use disposable masks? What good are a couple of disposable masks going to do in the big scheme of things?
I ordered my “free” Covid tests. I’m thankful for that but nowhere did it ask home many individuals live in a household.

The linked article didn’t say how many masks a person can get. These are distributed at drug stores. Something is better than nothing for those who can’t afford better masks.

It’s just four tests per address. That probably prevents someone from claiming they have 10 kids when they’re single. But it’s not great for large families.

Omicron is really hurting us. Last night we had one couple dine in our restaurant. Sales have been down 40 to 50% for the last two weeks.
For sure it's not just our little Bistro here in California.
This virus is the most terrible thing I have ever witnessed during my 68 years on this planet.
I have many thoughts and prayers for all countries, and All people on this planet.

You nailed it. I would like to order some high quality, legit KN95s or maybe KN94s. I have some KN95s that I doubt are the real thing... the ear loops are too tight and tend to pop off the mask when DH tries to use them. I have some N95s (3M Aura masks) but they are hard for me to breathe in. I guess that means they work.
If it's allowed here, I can share a link for some lovely Korean KF94 masks that we have been using during the entire pandemic. Very comfortable and fit well. Every time I go out I get asked by someone where I get them.

I need affordable mask suggestions. I'm almost out of the surgical masks given to me by a friend. I did have some N-95s, but I gave those to a nurse friend early in 2020. I do have a few cloth masks, but I would prefer to wear surgical masks or better.

Unfortunately, only about a third of the customers I saw in Kroger were masked tonight :(:mad:

I need affordable mask suggestions. I'm almost out of the surgical masks given to me by a friend. I did have some N-95s, but I gave those to a nurse friend early in 2020. I do have a few cloth masks, but I would prefer to wear surgical masks or better.

Unfortunately, only about a third of the customers I saw in Kroger were masked tonight :(:mad:

I did several errands today, I only saw two other people with masks, at DMV. Paying bills, title company, post office, car dealership. I just bought three boxes of masks at Costco the other day.

This is what I have ordered twice. They are about 2 dollars per mask on Amazon right now. They are very comfortable but still have a nice tight fit.

HUHETA KN95 Face Mask, 30 per pack

The Huheta KN95 Face Masks are one of the mask models approved by the Food and Drug Administration for emergency usage. (You can find them under the manufacturer Dongguan Sengtor Plastics Products Co. in the non-NIOSH approved respirators category.) Made up of five layers — including two non-woven outer layers, two melt-blown layers, and one moisture-absorbing cotton layer — the masks can filter up to 98 percent of airborne particles, from dust to droplets. Each one comes individually wrapped and has a nose clip and soft earloops.

If it's allowed here, I can share a link for some lovely Korean KF94 masks that we have been using during the entire pandemic. Very comfortable and fit well. Every time I go out I get asked by someone where I get them.
I would love the recommendation. I have some KN95's but I'm not crazy about them.

This is what I have ordered twice. They are about 2 dollars per mask on Amazon right now. They are very comfortable but still have a nice tight fit.

HUHETA KN95 Face Mask, 30 per pack

The Huheta KN95 Face Masks are one of the mask models approved by the Food and Drug Administration for emergency usage. (You can find them under the manufacturer Dongguan Sengtor Plastics Products Co. in the non-NIOSH approved respirators category.) Made up of five layers — including two non-woven outer layers, two melt-blown layers, and one moisture-absorbing cotton layer — the masks can filter up to 98 percent of airborne particles, from dust to droplets. Each one comes individually wrapped and has a nose clip and soft earloops.

thanks for sharing these katydid!

Ditto. And I sent the link to my kids and I will order from my moms house when I get there to get 4 for her as well.

You don’t have to wait @katydid23. I ordered for a friend and just entered her name and address onto the form from my iPad after I ordered mine. I would order right away if I were you…before the site crashes or they run out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member