Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good here. I have no symptoms. Hubby is upstairs (day 2) and says he’s just very tired, has a cough once in awhile.
My onco wanted me to come in and take a rapid test. I declined for now. I have quite a few at home tests. I tested negative yesterday.
Onco also wanted me to continue my chemo treatment on Thursday this week. I told her I don’t think that’s prudent considering hubby has Covid, and I’m the one who’s feeding him. (I just put his meals on the table next to the closed door). I don’t need to be tending to hubby and having chemo. I realize that she’s a dr and wants these treatments done so that I get the full effect but come on! Anyway, it’s rescheduled.
Thank You for all your good wishes and prayers!!!! Truly appreciate each and every one.

Please stay safe all!

Sounds like you've got everything covered and most importantly you're in close touch with your onco. Hopefully Rapunzel/hubby will be well soon and you will remain COVID negative.

So far so good here. I have no symptoms. Hubby is upstairs (day 2) and says he’s just very tired, has a cough once in awhile.
My onco wanted me to come in and take a rapid test. I declined for now. I have quite a few at home tests. I tested negative yesterday.
Onco also wanted me to continue my chemo treatment on Thursday this week. I told her I don’t think that’s prudent considering hubby has Covid, and I’m the one who’s feeding him. (I just put his meals on the table next to the closed door). I don’t need to be tending to hubby and having chemo. I realize that she’s a dr and wants these treatments done so that I get the full effect but come on! Anyway, it’s rescheduled.
Thank You for all your good wishes and prayers!!!! Truly appreciate each and every one.

Please stay safe all!

So many of us simply do not have as heavy a load as you...... I have so appreciated folks being so open to their burdens, solutions, worries, and hopes.... keeps it real.

So do accept our thoughts and hopes for you, you have a lot to live for and we are all rootin'

As much as I enjoy watching Olympic coverage, I am concerned about the safety of all of the athletes, coaches, and dignitaries who will travel from nations all over the world to the 2022 Winter Games in Bejing. Omicron spreads rapidly, and even those who are fully vaccinated and boosted appear to be vulnerable. I don't know how the virus can be contained with competitors coming from so many different countries with varying degrees of illness and methods of controlling the spread of the rampant virus.

Is their plan to regularly test every athelete, staff, family member? I can imagine their discipline, given how they run things. But are they also prepared to handle any chaos.... geez.

Is their plan to regularly test every athelete, staff, family member? I can imagine their discipline, given how they run things. But are they also prepared to handle any chaos.... geez.
Yes. They are testing millions of their citizens when there is an outbreak. I have no doubt they will be testing athletes regularly.

I apologize if this has already been posted

Coronavirus pandemic: Antarctic outpost hit by Covid-19 outbreak

Snipped...
...A Belgian scientific research station in Antarctica has been hit with an outbreak of Covid-19, despite workers being fully vaccinated and based in one of the world's remotest regions.

“The IPF said that the first positive test was recorded on the 15 December, among a team that had arrived a few days earlier from Cape Town in South Africa.”

I just had a project come to a full stop after the second crew came up with 4 positives on their PCR test after three consecutive days of negatives on rapids.

Wishing a quick recovery for all at the outpost.

Hi:)
I live with my boyfriend who is helping me out around the house with food etc. we stocked up for covid sickness long ago with tests ,medication and foods. I work as a dentist in Stockholm (Sweden) I meet mostly unmasked people during treatment and before. Masks are not mandatory here so people just come in maskless. I have no real idea but I suspect it was on friday that I was exposed since at the weekend I was at home. Im young (31) I phoned doctor who said to ride it out at home unless something happens. I have all the omicron symptoms scratchy not painful throat , hoarse voice , body aches and chills with 38c fever . I did nasal swab and to my surprise it was negative yesterday. Today saliva one was clear positive no doubt after only a sec tested twice. To all of you who can get saliva rapid tests instead of nasal one they could be more accurate. But that’s my opinion I’m not an expert its my own experience.

I am sorry you have. the evil virus-----I cannot imagine being a dentist with maskless patients during a pandemic----- please take care of yourself

So apparently infections from surfaces are also happening.

"BEIJING -- Chinese state media say parcels mailed from overseas may have spread the omicron variant of the coronavirus in Beijing and elsewhere, despite doubts among overseas health experts that the virus can be transmitted via packaging."
China cites coronavirus on packaging, despite doubts abroad - ABC News (go.com)

I am not sure I believe that form of transmission. Not sure what to believe coming
from China.

That's not encouraging. I don't know a lot about how vaccines are made, but as I understand it, the makers of flu vaccines change the formulation annually to match the strains of influenza most likely to be circulating.

If another shot of our current vaccines isn't going to help against Omicron, why don't we have another vaccine on the horizon? Or, already here?

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and I was literally among a tiny minority wearing a mask. I would say nine out of ten of the people in the store--it was crowded--didn't have masks. The workers had masks, but I spotted a number of them beneath noses.

I tried to get curbside delivery, but they couldn't gather my order until today, and I won't be able to go today. The shelves were startling bare, too.

And, now we hear another shot won't help.
Quote:
If another shot of our current vaccines isn't going to help against Omicron, why don't we have another vaccine on the horizon? Or, already here?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/omi...-march-experts-warn-it-could-be-too-late.html

Omicron-specific vaccine is coming but ‘may not matter—everybody’s going to be infected,’ says expert

An omicron-specific Covid vaccine will be ready by March but some experts warn it could be “too late” due to the variant’s highly transmissible nature.

On Monday, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla told CNBC that its vaccine with BioNTech that targets omicron — and other variants that are currently circulating — will be ready for distribution by spring and that the company has already started manufacturing doses.

But an omicron-targeted vaccine was needed in December, says Dr. William Moss, executive director of the International Vaccine Access Center at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. “It still could be valuable but I do think in many ways, it’s too late” for the current omicron wave, Moss says.

Last edited:
I was in the dentist's office yesterday unmasked for an hour and a half for a procedure and was scheduled to go back today for a cleaning.

During my appointment I asked about Covid, was told one dental assistant had had it.

Got a text not to come in today for the cleaning because the employee who was going to do the cleaning tested positive for Covid.

I got worried that maybe this dental assistant had worked on me yesterday. Very vulnerable with your mouth wide open. I called and asked them.

Luckily she didn't come in yesterday as she felt ill and stayed home and got tested.

If she had worked on me yesterday I would be calling my doctor about testing. Find out what my doctor recommends for testing.

Always ask if anyone in the office has or has had Covid!

Also, always feel free to call ahead to ask about employees being vaccinated. If the medical office won't answer do not use them!

I knew the employees at my dental office were vaccinated. Knowledge is power...use it!

Last edited:
So just tested positive on rapid saliva test. Feel pretty miserable. Tested negative on nasal swab only saliva one showed immediately two strong lines . I did two tests both positive. I was sure it’s covid because of rather odd symptoms.
I'm so sorry Fika! Do you have someone at home who can help you with meals? Please keep us posted on how your doing if you feel up to it.

I am sorry you have. the evil virus-----I cannot imagine being a dentist with maskless patients during a pandemic----- please take care of yourself

Thank you:)
It’s been tough , mostly before the vaccinations I could not help it but work the entire time. I knew that I will get it eventually. I was prepared mentally for it and tried to take care of my general health. I hoped that it would be slightly milder then it is, now I can only hope that it will go away sooner then later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper