Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are starting to see how Beijing is going to handle covid infections among the winter olympic athletes.

A member of the Australian Olympic Team who tested positive for COVID-19 on arrival for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games has now tested negative.
The team member had been in isolation since returning the positive PCR test result at the airport in Beijing on Sunday morning.
"The team member will now undergo a final test tomorrow, which if again negative, will allow the member to return to their usual routine," the AOC said.

Australian Olympic Team member tests negative for COVID-19 after being forced into isolation

Australia’s vaccine advisory body is gearing up to change the definition of a “fully vaccinated” person, according to new reports.

...... the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) will soon categorise a fully vaccinated Australian as someone who has had three doses of a TGA-approved Covid-19 jab.

Mr Andrews said he expected the changes to the vaccination regime to be announced over the next week.

ATAGI ‘to change fully vaxxed definition’

Australia’s vaccine advisory body is gearing up to change the definition of a “fully vaccinated” person, according to new reports.

...... the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) will soon categorise a fully vaccinated Australian as someone who has had three doses of a TGA-approved Covid-19 jab.

Mr Andrews said he expected the changes to the vaccination regime to be announced over the next week.

ATAGI ‘to change fully vaxxed definition’

I wonder what studies might be ongoing regarding the timing and number of doses of Covid vaccines, now that we have a bit more experience. I can imagine that increasing the time period between the first two doses to 2-3 months, and then adding a 3rd dose 4-6 months later may produce more durable protection. Covid vaccines are probably going to end up being 3 dose initial series, IMO.

No thank God but he has not taken this pandemic seriously enough.
If it were not for me he would not mask up. <modsnip>

Sounds like your husband has decided he is willing to take the risk and see his kids so he should see them. His decision his life his family.

I think your the one afraid of getting Covid, that you don't want to take the risk. That's fine then, then just tell them you yourself don't want the risk.

Sounds like your husband has decided he is willing to take the risk and see his kids so he should see them. His decision his life his family.

I think your the one afraid of getting Covid, that you don't want to take the risk. That's fine then, then just tell them you yourself don't want the risk.

Well what my husband does affects me---if he takes that risk, he puts us both
At risk that, to my way of thinking isn't right thing to do so his decision affects both
Of us--so it isn't just -his decision his life --what either of us does affects the other and yeah I am afraid of getting covid---he should be more afraid---

No thank God but he has not taken this pandemic seriously enough.
If it were not for me he would not mask up. <modsnip>

Mine doesn't either. And at this point, even with vaccines, boosters, people are getting Covid. People are moving forward with this disease. This is our new reality.

I watched the Kansas City/Bengals game today, 100,000 people or more in the stadium, no masks, all screaming for their teams. Covid? What? I think that is where most people are now.

Mine doesn't either. And at this point, even with vaccines, boosters, people are getting Covid. People are moving forward with this disease. This is our new reality.

I watched the Kansas City/Bengals game today, 100,000 people or more in the stadium, no masks, all screaming for their teams. Covid? What? I think that is where most people are now.
900,000 in the US alone are not moving forward because they are dead.

I know---I have watched all the football playoff games
With thousands of unmasked screaming fans packed
Together. My step daughter said, a while back, that it
Is time to move on and live a normal life, so this is what she does.
she apparently has no idea of the serious risk to older peop!e.,
From this virus, especially Omicron.

she and many others are living like there is no pandemic.
she was really nasty to me, suggesting I am trying to keep
Her from her dad, which is absurd.

@ilovewings,
Book yourself a fabulous hotel stay during the family visit.
Let your hubs deal with his children alone.
He will have to take the test and isolate before you are able to return home.

He doesn't see the necessity for testing or isolating what can I say???
I am not so sure it is really a great idea to stay at a hotel while Omicron
Is spreading here in Florida

Just tested positive this morning, I'd tested negative Thursday.

My 7 y/o had been home since Monday. He fell asleep early after school and was sniffly/upset when he woke up after a couple hours. He was all better by Tuesday evening, so we didn't get him tested - per pediatrician's recommendations.

I've had dull headaches off and on so decided to test
Sorry to hear this. I hope it stays mild for you. I thought I was going to breeze through with mild symptoms only to get walloped about a week later. Turns out I had a secondary sinus infection though.

I disagree they travel crossing state lines, loading and unloading food, if they get ill they can spread to hundreds easily throughout just one day. If they only stayed in the truck it would be different but they need to use restrooms and eat and unload.
Not sure why they are resistant to the vaccine.

Agreed. I could post many articles about truck drivers carrying covid all around.
Truck drivers were our only danger when our state border was closed to everyone except essential workers.

Eg:
"... lives in a share house .... three petrol stations have been listed as exposure sites, along with a laundromat and a supermarket ... "
Truck driver tests positive for COVID-19 in SA, after earlier negative test in NSW

"A total of 56 close contacts have been connected with the man, including 23 through QR code check-ins"
Second truck driver in two days tests positive for COVID-19 after being in South Australia

So Monday night, my kiddo had a stuffy nose and was temping warm but not a true fever. The plan was to keep him home for 3 days per school policy, to monitor symptoms. Contacted his doctor, who said we wouldn't test right away due to potential false negative/inaccurate results. They told me to monitor and call back within a day or two if symptoms did not resolve, if they got worse or if new symptoms developed.

He was back to his normal self by Tuesday night. So we ended up not testing, per pediatrician's guidance.

Starting Tuesday or so, I had a dull headache off and on. Somewhat chalked it up to the choppy sleep I got with him being up a bunch Monday night. Our tests came in the mail Thursday so I took one, negative.
I still feel a little off so I tested this morning and got the positive.

I'm assuming he had to have Covid, as I was taking care of him and developed symptoms soon after, too.

So after missing school last week, he now has to wait 10 days from the start of *my* symptoms, due to close contact and risk of exposure timeframe. Then 10 more days to count as quarantine and watch for symptoms.

He's essentially missing 3 weeks of school now.

I'm just glad I'm not scrambling to figure out child care at this point, since I'm a stay at home mom. But man, I don't know how I would swing this otherwise.

Our family, because of Covid. Because of these games in China, at this point in the history of mankind. Will not watch these games.
It is our opinion, that right now is not the time to hold these games.
Our family will not endorse these games by ANY means.
We love our athletes, unfortunately, as we've learned, this virus thrives on hosts. People. Are this viruses hosts.
No matter how strong or brave.

We are starting to see how Beijing is going to handle covid infections among the winter olympic athletes.

A member of the Australian Olympic Team who tested positive for COVID-19 on arrival for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games has now tested negative.
The team member had been in isolation since returning the positive PCR test result at the airport in Beijing on Sunday morning.
"The team member will now undergo a final test tomorrow, which if again negative, will allow the member to return to their usual routine," the AOC said.

Australian Olympic Team member tests negative for COVID-19 after being forced into isolation

So Monday night, my kiddo had a stuffy nose and was temping warm but not a true fever. The plan was to keep him home for 3 days per school policy, to monitor symptoms. Contacted his doctor, who said we wouldn't test right away due to potential false negative/inaccurate results. They told me to monitor and call back within a day or two if symptoms did not resolve, if they got worse or if new symptoms developed.

He was back to his normal self by Tuesday night. So we ended up not testing, per pediatrician's guidance.

Starting Tuesday or so, I had a dull headache off and on. Somewhat chalked it up to the choppy sleep I got with him being up a bunch Monday night. Our tests came in the mail Thursday so I took one, negative.
I still feel a little off so I tested this morning and got the positive.

I'm assuming he had to have Covid, as I was taking care of him and developed symptoms soon after, too.

So after missing school last week, he now has to wait 10 days from the start of *my* symptoms, due to close contact and risk of exposure timeframe. Then 10 more days to count as quarantine and watch for symptoms.

He's essentially missing 3 weeks of school now.

I'm just glad I'm not scrambling to figure out child care at this point, since I'm a stay at home mom. But man, I don't know how I would swing this otherwise.
Is that school's guidelines to wait 10 days? And then another 10 days?

Our family, because of Covid. Because of these games in China, at this point in the history of mankind. Will not watch these games.
It is our opinion, that right now is not the time to hold these games.
Our family will not endorse these games by ANY means.
We love our athletes, unfortunately, as we've learned, this virus thrives on hosts. People. Are this viruses hosts.
No matter how strong or brave.

Well, the US apparently has 23 athletes who are attending the winter olympics ... by choice, and fully vaccinated.

2022 Winter Olympics stars to know: From Hilary Knight to Nathan Chen

The US also has several athletes who are not able to compete at the winter olympics because they refuse to be vaccinated.

“If someone is immunocompromised and is at risk, then they shouldn’t go out,” Andrew declares. “We’re not responsible for other people’s health.” (Tokyo 2021 summer olympics swimmer.)
'Get Vaccinated or Else': The Anti-Vaxxers of the Winter Games Fought the Olympic Mandate. Did the Mandate Win?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member