Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sidetrack the topic, but how did everyone's tinnitus start ?

Mine was instant, years ago when I washed my hair in the bath.
After I dried my hair I noticed a sound, and thought I still had water in my ear.
But the sound never went away.
At first it upset me at times but I've come to live with it and I feel my head has it's own built in white noise.
I quite like it.

But most of the time it's just faded into the background and I rarely think about it at all.
I'm in my 60s and I've had it at least since my 20s. I have allergies and live in the south where so many of us suffer with it. I've done allergy shots, had 3 sinus surgeries. The ENT prescribed otc Allegra, singular and Nasacort. I have TMJ and wear a nightguard.

Last year the ENT ordered an MRI of my jaw and my brain. Between the 2 sets of MRls, I went to the restroom, fell, broke my femur, and had surgery. This was during a Covid surge. My fear was not surgery but covid. The MRI showed that I had a hole in the TMJ disc.

Unfortunately, I've had no relief of tinnitus but I can manage it with meds and the night guard. The tinnitus never decreases but is amplified when I have allergies resulting in ear pressure. Plus, I sleep with ID tv on...kinda drowns out the ringing.

The first update: Pfizer says you might need another booster.

“The protection we are getting from the third, it is good enough, actually quite good for hospitalizations and deaths. It’s not that good against infections. It doesn’t last very long. But we are just submitting those data to the FDA, and then we’ll see what the experts also would say outside Pfizer,” said Albert Bourla, Pfizer’s CEO.

Pfizer also said it hopes to have a COVID-19 treatment available for most kids before they head back to school this fall. It would be a version of its antiviral pill Paxlovid.
Also, if your kids are younger than 5, here’s the latest on getting them vaccinated: “Potentially May, if it works, and they will do their utmost to review them fast. And we’ll be ready with manufacturing,” Bourla said.

A new “test to treat” initiative allows people to get COVID-19 medication minutes after they test positive.
From now on, if a person is feeling sick, that person will be able to walk into about a thousand different CVS and Walgreens pharmacies and get tested. The change is if the person gets a positive result, the person will be given free anti-viral medication.

This work to advance vaccine and treatment options comes as former President Barack Obama said he’s tested positive

Pfizer: Fourth COVID-19 shot may be needed; vaccine for young kids could be available by May (kcbd.com)

Anti-viral COVID med available at pharmacies for free (wfsb.com)

Last edited:
Wondering if Moderna is going to give a second booster (4th shot)?? Seen anything on them? TIA!
That is the kind of shots I've received - and am going to stick with Moderna.

I prefer to stick with Moderna but what if they don't offer a 4th shot?

hmmm...
scratchchin.gif
good question! Maybe we won't need one for the Moderna vaccine. I know mine lasts until June, 2022.

You can get a fourth booster now of Moderna or Pfizer...of course only if you are eligible...I'm getting mine in April at Rite Aid. (I have MS so I'll be legal..I'd still get it even if I didn't)

I think, though not sure, you are supposed to wait 6 months after the 3rd shot, to get the 4th shot ( booster )

The first update: Pfizer says you might need another booster.

“The protection we are getting from the third, it is good enough, actually quite good for hospitalizations and deaths. It’s not that good against infections. It doesn’t last very long. But we are just submitting those data to the FDA, and then we’ll see what the experts also would say outside Pfizer,” said Albert Bourla, Pfizer’s CEO.

Pfizer also said it hopes to have a COVID-19 treatment available for most kids before they head back to school this fall. It would be a version of its antiviral pill Paxlovid.
Also, if your kids are younger than 5, here’s the latest on getting them vaccinated: “Potentially May, if it works, and they will do their utmost to review them fast. And we’ll be ready with manufacturing,” Bourla said.

A new “test to treat” initiative allows people to get COVID-19 medication minutes after they test positive.
From now on, if a person is feeling sick, that person will be able to walk into about a thousand different CVS and Walgreens pharmacies and get tested. The change is if the person gets a positive result, the person will be given free anti-viral medication.

This work to advance vaccine and treatment options comes as former President Barack Obama said he’s tested positive

Pfizer: Fourth COVID-19 shot may be needed; vaccine for young kids could be available by May (kcbd.com)

Anti-viral COVID med available at pharmacies for free (wfsb.com)

Nice update, thanks! I'd like a fourth shot before BA.2 takes off around here. My third (booster) was in early October.

'Overwhelming' Need to Study COVID Vaccine-Associated Tinnitus

Just happened to log on to Medscape and found this article that tinnitus is considered an unexpected side effect of the vaccine. I have had tinnitus for years and never noticed it got worse due to the vaccine, but apparently here are enough incidents of tinnitus related to the vaccine that they are going to study it.
wow, I was just thinking about that last week. I have had an increase in tinnitus recently and was trying to figure out why. I stopped taking a blood pressure medication for 2 weeks to see if that was the culprit and it wasn't...

I'm sorry, but I really don't trust the CEO of Pfizer, advising us all to go and have another booster. :rolleyes: ...I am going to wait and see....

Pfizer accused of pandemic profiteering as profits double

Pfizer accused of pandemic profiteering as profits double

Drugmaker makes $37bn in vaccine sales and predicts bumper year ahead from Covid jabs and pill
Pfizer made nearly $37bn (£27bn) in sales from its Covid-19 vaccine last year – making it one of the most lucrative products in history – and has forecast another bumper year in 2022, with a big boost coming from its Covid-19 pill Paxlovid.

The US drugmaker’s overall revenues in 2021 doubled to $81.3bn, and it expects to make record revenues of $98bn to $102bn this year.

The bumper sales prompted accusations from campaigners of “pandemic profiteering”. The group Global Justice Now said the annual revenue of $81bn was more than the GDP of most countries and accused Pfizer of “ripping off public health systems”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member