Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cause for optimism going forward? Studies into SARS-CoV-1 (sort of the precursor to the current virus SARS-CoV-2?) "showed that those individuals still had lasting memory T cells today, 17 years after the outbreak. " - BBM

Immune T Cells May Offer Lasting Protection Against COVID-19

ETA: 2020 research but I only found out about it recently

I went online on Monday, March 7th and ordered some more free Covid-19 self-test kits from the federal government. They arrived today, Thursday March 10th. that sure was fast compared to last time. They must not have very many orders to fulfill these days.

The self-test kits I received this time were made by Roche in Korea and the manufacturer date is January 2022. So if they are good for one year, then I'm glad I reordered, since my earlier kits expire in fall 2022.

This box from Roche says it includes 4 tests. So just one medium size box with 4 self-tests inside.

Edited to add: Looking more closely at the various labels, etc. on the box, it looks like it expires August 3, 2022. So not a very long shelf-life.

ditto- very rapid response. Ihealth kits 2 per box... I do not see an exp date (?)- they are wrapped with small bubble wrap so maybe there were complaints about breakage last time. mailed from Topeka, KS.

Covid UK: Cases rise 50 PER CENT in a week as hospitalisations and deaths creep up | Daily Mail Online

Britain's Covid resurgence continued today, according to official data that showed cases, hospitalisations and deaths all rose for the third day in a row.

There were 67,159 new positive tests logged across the UK over the last 24 hours, according to Government dashboard data, 52.6 per cent more than last Wednesday's figure of 44,017.

Deaths within 28 days of a confirmed coronavirus test also increased to 123, up 66.2 per cent on the 74 recorded last week.

And hospital admissions increased to 1,192 on March 5, the latest date UK-wide data is available for, marking a 14.6 per cent rise on the previous week.

It was the third time in a row all three metrics increased week-on-week after cases started to rise last Wednesday.

Experts believe it is a combination of all restrictions being lifted in England on Freedom Day at the end of February and the rise of a more infectious version of Omicron — although experts insist it is not more deadly than its parent strain.

Hospitalisations are rising in every region of England and are now at record levels in the South West of England, which has typically been hit less hard than other parts of the country.

makes me nervous.... we have followed in the path of Europe before....

ditto- very rapid response. Ihealth kits 2 per box... I do not see an exp date (?)- they are wrapped with small bubble wrap so maybe there were complaints about breakage last time. mailed from Topeka, KS.

Mine were mailed from Topeka, KS, too.

Who might benefit from a 4th shot — and who might not

Who might benefit from a 4th shot — and who might not

called my drs office and they said that they have not recommended a 4th shot to anyone unless they are severely immunocompromised, on chemo, etc. I have felt that I should possibly get one but I really do not know. Person at the drs office said "They really only last 8-10 weeks..." (to which I thought, then I should definitely get one... but I realized the whole staff there has not gotten them so they think they are unnecessary).

read this today: If You've Never Had COVID, Should You Relax or Worry?

so while the world in general is blase and sort of saying" expose yourself; what have you got to lose?" The medical experts are saying "keep avoiding it."

we still have masking at work and since the overall unmasking, we have had, that I know of, 3 more cases... so I have been masking in public places too.

At our university, we have removed the masking requirement in most indoor settings, except the classroom and some research labs. No masks required in our offices or student residence halls. The mask requirement in classrooms and some research labs may be removed next week.

At our university, we have removed the masking requirement in most indoor settings, except the classroom and some research labs. No masks required in our offices or student residence halls. The mask requirement in classrooms and some research labs may be removed next week.

Same here. But when I checked my county on the dashboard, it is higher now, Covid positivity rate than it was December 2020.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Montana Coronavirus Map and Case Count

@mickey2942 I came in to say the same thing.

Our entire nation is above where it should be (IMO). I remember someone telling me that there was "no way" the US would be above 1000 deaths a day, indefinitely. This was a year ago. And here we are.

I don't know why. In the case of Montana, I still don't know why - but a few things come to mind (people moving to Montana from other states where vaccination is disliked?) Stuff like that - looks like Montana did get some newcomers.

Vaccine refusal could be catching up as school resumes everywhere (so cross-age group transmission, across state lines, even).

Omicron is probably the best idea - so many people testing positive, but not as sick? (Fewer hospitalizations and deaths?)

My test kits arrived today instead of Monday. Everything the same as yours with a use by date of 7-21-2022 on the back next to the QR code. That's only one month later than the first kits I got.

'Overwhelming' Need to Study COVID Vaccine-Associated Tinnitus

Just happened to log on to Medscape and found this article that tinnitus is considered an unexpected side effect of the vaccine. I have had tinnitus for years and never noticed it got worse due to the vaccine, but apparently here are enough incidents of tinnitus related to the vaccine that they are going to study it.

Just happened to log on to Medscape and found this article that tinnitus is considered an unexpected side effect of the vaccine. I have had tinnitus for years and never noticed it got worse due to the vaccine, but apparently here are enough incidents of tinnitus related to the vaccine that they are going to study it.

I hadn't thought about it but mine has progressed to roaring.

Just more issues to chalk up to it. Ugh.

I too have this problem - pulsating tinnitus!! I thought it might have been from my 2 carotid artery surgeries - but it did start after my first vaccine shot...
And unfortunately - you have to subscribe to that article you posted - can give about 10% synopsis on it, please? TIA! :)

I too have this problem - pulsating tinnitus!! I thought it might have been from my 2 carotid artery surgeries - but it did start after my first vaccine shot...
And unfortunately - you have to subscribe to that article you posted - can give about 10% synopsis on it, please? TIA! :)

You can sign up for free-- this is a great site!!!!
I feel so bad for you with pulsating tinnitus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm