Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to keep my mask on indefinitely. It's ok if I am the last person on earth to be still wearing one. I will decide when to stop.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/us-...aths-10-times-higher-than-flu-rsv-report.html

The U.S. has a long way to go before the pandemic is over and life returns to semblance of normalcy as deaths from Covid-19 remain far higher than seasonal respiratory viruses such as the flu, a group of two dozen scientists, doctors and public health experts said in a 136-page report published Monday.

In years past, as many as 1,150 people died weekly from respiratory viruses like flu and RSV without the implementation emergency mitigation measures. However, Covid’s death toll remains about 10 times higher with 12,000 people succumbing to the virus some weeks, according to the report. More than 9,000 people have died in the last week alone from Covid, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Yep. Didn’t want to get Covid six months ago. A year ago. Two years ago. Still don’t want to.
I’ve got no problem masking myself.

I worry about younger family members who don’t mask as a rule- but do so willingly if required. But what can I do. They’re vaxxed and boosted. Some have a past Covid infection also. They know my feelings about it. They’re not as at risk as me (age and ex smoker) and are adults. I should realistically try and let go some of that worrying. At least now when numbers are lower.

I plan to keep my mask on indefinitely. It's ok if I am the last person on earth to be still wearing one. I will decide when to stop.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/us-...aths-10-times-higher-than-flu-rsv-report.html

The U.S. has a long way to go before the pandemic is over and life returns to semblance of normalcy as deaths from Covid-19 remain far higher than seasonal respiratory viruses such as the flu, a group of two dozen scientists, doctors and public health experts said in a 136-page report published Monday.

In years past, as many as 1,150 people died weekly from respiratory viruses like flu and RSV without the implementation emergency mitigation measures. However, Covid’s death toll remains about 10 times higher with 12,000 people succumbing to the virus some weeks, according to the report. More than 9,000 people have died in the last week alone from Covid, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Last edited:
Everything changes. Now, you don't have to wear a mask. But you can if you want. Apparently, the pandemic is over. (?).

Like it came to a screeching stop. Just like that o_O It’s bizarro world.

Just read our local numbers are now slightly increasing, but may be just a small expected bump directly related to recently relaxed mandates, Feb vacation, weather and various data collecting related blips vs a new surge. Idk. Ask me again in a week. I’m ignoring it for now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Long COVID study: Boston-area hospitals recruiting long haulers to understand long-term effects
(Iirc there’s a list somewhere online where you can easily search for various studies in your area.)
More at link

Tufts Medical Center’s principal investigator Dr. Michael Jordan called the study “very exciting” with long COVID clearly “an emerging public health problem.” There are more than 23 million long haulers across the country, including more than 450,000 in Massachusetts, according to the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.

We are going to Hawaii in April for 2 weeks and they are dropping the testing/proof of vax/Hawaii safe travels program. It’s a relief. Now if we don’t need to wear a mask on the plane this will really make my year.
I wish you well. We dropped ours here and literally almost everyone I know who has flown has tested positive on their return home.

It’s all very well letting it burn its way through us, but if I had known how much long Covid would affect my life there is NO way I would have been as laissez-faire as I was back then. This is my main concern for people now.

Like it came to a screeching stop. Just like that o_O It’s bizarro world.

Just read our local numbers are now slightly increasing, but may be just a small expected bump directly related to recently relaxed mandates, Feb vacation, weather and various data collecting related blips vs a new surge. Idk. Ask me again in a week. I’m ignoring it for now.

The Covid positivity rate here is higher than it was December, 2020. And this is with 68% of the population vaccinated. Makes zero sense to me that someone arbitrarily just decided everything is perfectly fine today.

The Covid positivity rate here is higher than it was December, 2020. And this is with 68% of the population vaccinated. Makes zero sense to me that someone arbitrarily just decided everything is perfectly fine today.

The positivity rate isn’t as important now, as so many cases are asymptomatic or not much more than a sniffle. Certainly, my children were well enough to go to school when they had it (they didn’t because of the isolation rules) so I’ve stopped worrying about cases other than for a rough indication of what’s happening. Subject to change should a worse variant comes along, of course.

Hospitalisations / ICU admissions / deaths are what we should be looking at locally, nationally and globally.

I wish you well. We dropped ours here and literally almost everyone I know who has flown has tested positive on their return home.

It’s all very well letting it burn its way through us, but if I had known how much long Covid would affect my life there is NO way I would have been as laissez-faire as I was back then. This is my main concern for people now.

I guess that's the main worry now, cos with the high infectivity of omicron (esp now with BA2), it was probably always going to burn its way through the majority of the population unless we stayed in lockdown forever.

I wish you all the best in getting back to full health.

I'm terribly sorry you're going through this. :(

Thanks! I just placed my second order and got an immediate email.

I want the second order because I'm worried the first order could have been damaged as it was in the mailbox over night during freezing temperatures.

Hello Cool Cats,

Thank you for placing your order on USPS.com®.

We're working through the orders for free at-home COVID-19 tests. Orders are being shipped as USPS receives tests from the manufacturers.

Once your package ships, you'll receive a tracking number and updates on the expected delivery date.

Note:

USPS will send a maximum of 2 free orders to valid residential addresses. Each order includes 4 individual at-home tests. If this is the first order for this address, you can place a second order.

Everything changes. Now, you don't have to wear a mask. But you can if you want. Apparently, the pandemic is over. (?).
Apparently, that is what most of my neighbors are thinking. No more masks. No social distancing. Group gatherings are back. Not for me. I will continue to mask and stay safe. I know four people who died from this virus, a few who were hospitalized and several who were home sick for weeks. (I am a senior and so are most of my neighbors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum