Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s my same time frame.
And also no damage to heart or organs, but still so much random pain, fatigue, brain fog and disturbed sleep.
Hoping all with COVID can eventually return to full good health.
The fatigue has the most impact on my life. It’s a real nuisance. So is the anxiety and low mood that often accompanies it. Tonight I have tinnitus, but no long Covid smell, which comes and goes. I don’t really have pain, apart from muscle aches particularly in my back.

I’ve learnt to almost laugh at brain fog incidents. One of the long Covid clinic sessions advised to let people know about it, say during a meeting for instance. I find this helps, I try and make light of it so it’s not embarrassing if it happens. The most simple everyday words just escape me.

I am sorry you are still suffering too.

LOL! DH and I are also "Covid virgins". Now that DH is retired, we don't do much holiday socializing. We hope to stay well for our upcoming cruise in late January. I'm a little apprehensive about illness onboard, but we will make sure that we avoid anyone who appears unwell. We'll stay away from crowded areas of the ship and will probably spend a lot of time in our stateroom and sitting on the balcony. I can't even remember that last time I had a cold and hope to keep it that way.
A friend told us that he and his SO had returned from a Viking cruise on the Rhone in France with Covid. He said they had mild symptoms and really enjoyed the trip.

i do not wear a mask to the grocery store -- there are hardly any customers when we shop--
however I did wear my mask when i got my hair done today-- lots of customers-
went to the dentist today-- wore my mask but masks no longer required.

We wore our masks for our haircuts yesterday and our sweet hairdresser asked if we’d like her to wear one. We said yes even though we were the only customers. Not taking any chances. I don’t go out much, but my dh wears one everywhere he goes (not many places) in order to protect me.

We wore our masks for our haircuts yesterday and our sweet hairdresser asked if we’d like her to wear one. We said yes even though we were the only customers. Not taking any chances. I don’t go out much, but my dh wears one everywhere he goes (not many places) in order to protect me.

I think we just have to adapt as the situation keeps changing, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. I see lots of comments on other sites by people who state they will never wear a mask again- they are done with that. oh well.

I think we just have to adapt as the situation keeps changing, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. I see lots of comments on other sites by people who state they will never wear a mask again- they are done with that. oh well.
I had an appointment with an orthopedist on Monday in a facility that houses several medical offices. When I was there in September, masks were required upon entry to the building and in individual offices. No mask required now in any part of the facility. The orthopedic practice is very busy, and there were probably at least 20 people in the large waiting room. Very few masks among patients and some staff weren't wearing masks, either. Nurse who took me to exam room wasn't wearing a mask, but Dr. P wore one when he came in and asked if he could remove it. I wasn't wearing a mask and didn't mind if he removed his. We were probably always 4 feet apart and he didn't examine me; we just talked about the recurring bursitis in my right hip and how best to reduce discomfort before our cruise. It's too soon for another cortisone injection, so I'm going to do physical therapy twice weekly for 6 weeks. I had my first appointment yesterday, and masks are definitely required in the Beaumont facility that houses several medical offices and the Health & Wellness Center where DH swims.

Last edited:
Still living with it here since March 2020. It’s very much a case of learning how best to manage it for me.

Fortunately I don’t have any damage to my heart, nor organs (as far as I know).

Same here.

Like you, my heart and organs (other than my lungs) seem to be doing ok.

The issue is that the nasal spray is expected to stop transmission of the virus whereas the intramuscular shots do not. The way things are now, if there is no nasal vaccine on the horizon, we will have to keep getting boosters to help mitigate the virus to keep people out of the hospital and minimize deaths, but the nasal vaccine stops the virus where it enters the body- in the nose. Money is the major stumbling block to developing the virus <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an appointment with an orthopedist on Monday in a facility that houses several medical offices. When I was there in September, masks were required upon entry to the building and in individual offices. No mask required now in any part of the facility. The orthopedic practice is very busy, and there were probably at least 20 people in the large waiting room. Very few masks among patients and some staff weren't wearing masks, either. Nurse who took me to exam room wasn't wearing a mask, but Dr. P wore one when he came in and asked if he could remove it. I wasn't wearing a mask and didn't mind if he removed his. We were probably always 4 feet apart and he didn't examine me; we just talked about the recurring bursitis in my right hip and how best to reduce discomfort before our cruise. It's too soon for another cortisone injection, so I'm going to do physical therapy twice weekly for 6 weeks. I had my first appointment yesterday, and masks are definitely required in the Beaumont facility that houses several medical offices and the Health & Wellness Center where DH swims.
Sorry to hear about your recurring bursitis- it is good that you have some time before your cruise so that you can get some physical therapy and get some relief. As far as masks go, at this point in time, it seems like there has been a relaxation of restrictions which includes masking. However, with expectations that Covid will be increasing over the next few months, these restrictions could certainly change.

I ALWAYS without fail wear a mask whenever I go anywhere. One of my good friends here at the Retirement Home had a table at one of the Christmas Craft shows at a nearby church. She was there for hours, selling her blankets, amongst crowds of people, no mask of course.
She is in the hospital as of yesterday, with the flu, on oxygen. (yes, she got the flu shot, but I am hearing that the flu is so virulent this year)

I ALWAYS without fail wear a mask whenever I go anywhere. One of my good friends here at the Retirement Home had a table at one of the Christmas Craft shows at a nearby church. She was there for hours, selling her blankets, amongst crowds of people, no mask of course.
She is in the hospital as of yesterday, with the flu, on oxygen. (yes, she got the flu shot, but I am hearing that the flu is so virulent this year)

From what I can tell the flu vaccine is quite a bit less effective than the Covid vaccine- I think I heard it was at 50% effectiveness- seems to me every year lots of people who were vaccinated get the flu- because of so many mutations.

Free covid tests again.

Every U.S. household is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-⁠19 tests.

Order Free At-Home Tests

Need help placing an order for your at-⁠home tests?
Call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).

Order Summary
Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Order of #4 tests

Subtotal $0.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Total $0.00

The flu vaccine this year is a good match to the circulating flu virus. One of the problems, though, is our immunity debt - less circulating antibodies due to lockdowns, etc. for covid-19.

Sorry to hear about your recurring bursitis- it is good that you have some time before your cruise so that you can get some physical therapy and get some relief. As far as masks go, at this point in time, it seems like there has been a relaxation of restrictions which includes masking. However, with expectations that Covid will be increasing over the next few months, these restrictions could certainly change.
Thanks for your kind thoughts. My hip doesn't hurt all the time and is mostly when I walk for long periods of time. That could be a major problem on a cruise as there is a lot of walking involved on the ship and/or in port. Hopefully, PT for the next weeks will help alleviate the discomfort, and the orthopedist might recommend a second cortisone right before our trip. I have my second PT session later today.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My hip doesn't hurt all the time and is mostly when I walk for long periods of time. That could be a major problem on a cruise as there is a lot of walking involved on the ship and/or in port. Hopefully, PT for the next weeks will help alleviate the discomfort, and the orthopedist might recommend a second cortisone right before our trip. I have my second PT session later today.

Let us know what Covid precautions your cruise puts in place. Like do you have to be vaccinated and show proof? Do you have to wear masks? Do you have to test negative for Covid? Etc....

Thanks.

I just tested positive again, so I will not be working tomorrow. I am off on Sun. and Mon., and will retest Tuesday morning when I wake, as per work instructions.
Truthfully, it has not been that bad. I haven't taken any pain relievers since Wednesday. No fever, not much mucous, barely a cough now. I thought I would be negative.
I'm 57 and live alone with the dog. Isolation has been easy. The blaming and shaming by my elderly father has not. It's hard to remember that his mental issues are not my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap