Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
I have been referring to this one quite a bit
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

Oh, and just found out on this link below, if you scroll past the international figures, at the bottom of that long list, you can click on USA and if you scroll up after clicking USA, it gives totals for each city.

Again, they sometimes are a little late like a day or so to catch up with the breaking state news, but they usually get them pretty close and fairly quickly for US.

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

After SillyBilly's warning, I am still seeing political posts.

I really REALLY want to keep this thread open. This thread is needed but everyone needs to stop with the politics. Stop with the complaining about politics. Stop with the complaining about posters complaining about politics.

PLEASE JUST STOP!

Thank you,
Tricia

Australia- There are now 133 cases of coronavirus across the country after more cases were confirmed today. More than 9000 people have been tested in NSW alone, the country's worst affected state with 65 cases. Three Australians have died so far as Sydney proves a hotspot.
Aussie virus cases jump to 133

I really hope our government is taking this seriously. Today I was glad that my gp was wearing a mask and he asked If I’d traveled or been in contact with any cases and took my temperature. I’m really scared for the people on the frontline of this outbreak.

NYT Has an interactive map of Corona Cases:

U.S. Coronavirus Cases Surpass 1,000: Full Map

Quotes from article:

The New York Times is engaged in a comprehensive effort to track details about every confirmed case in the United States, collecting information from federal, state and local officials around the clock. The numbers in this article are being updated several times a day based on the latest information our journalists are gathering from around the country.

The number of patients treated in the United States remains a small fraction of those with the virus overseas, where thousands of people have died and tens of thousands have been infected.

See our maps tracking the coronavirus outbreak around the world.

The West Coast has been hit hard.
Health officials in California, Oregon and Washington State have seen the virus turning up in people who have not traveled overseas and have warned that the virus was spreading within the local community. Officials in some places have urged residents, especially older people, to avoid large gatherings.

Officials in Santa Clara County, Calif., where dozens have become ill with the virus and one person has died, announced a ban on large gatherings. And leaders in the nursing home industry on Tuesday called on nursing homes and assisted living centers to curtail most social visits and even take steps to keep some employees away.

“This is a critical moment in the growing outbreak,” Dr. Sara Cody, Santa Clara County’s health officer, said in announcing the ban. “The strong measures we are taking today are designed to slow the spread of disease.”

STATE CASES DEATHS
Washington 279 24
California 178 3
New York 173 0
Massachusetts 92 0
Texas 30 0
Florida 23 2
Georgia 22 0
Illinois 19 0
Colorado 17 0
Nebraska 16 0
Combined, California and Washington account for more than a third of the nation’s coronavirus cases. Those patients include a mix of people who contracted the illness locally, traveled in China or were passengers on two cruise ships where outbreaks emerged.

HOW VIRUS WAS CONTRACTED CASES
Cluster connected to a community in New Rochelle, N.Y. 113
Nursing facility in Kirkland, Wash. 55
Personal contact in U.S. 51
Diamond Princess cruise ship 43
Travel in Egypt 37
Travel overseas 36
Travel in Italy 30
Business conference in Boston 29
Grand Princess cruise in March 21
Grand Princess cruise in February 20
But many U.S. patients — and more every day — have been diagnosed without any history of overseas travel, signaling that the illness was circulating within the United States and that people were being exposed in schools, offices and medical facilities.

New York: 173 cases have been identified.
Since announcing their first case of coronavirus on March 1, health officials in New York State have raced to contain the virus’s spread as the number of confirmed diagnoses has surged past 100.

A large percentage of those cases have been traced to a man from Westchester County who attended public gatherings before knowing he had the coronavirus.

In addition to Westchester County, patients were being treated in several New York City boroughs, on Long Island and in Rockland, Saratoga and Ulster Counties.

Key industries in Wuhan will resume, the provincial government of Hubei province has said, according to Reuters.

A statement from the government said industries like public transport, medical supply and producers of daily necessities will be allowed to return to work.

Other industries that impact national or global supply chains can also return to work with permission from relevant authorities, the notice said.

Coronavirus live updates: US cases pass 1,000 and UK health minister tests positive

This is pretty remarkable considering how dire the situation was in Wuhan not long ago.

Indonesia confirms first death from Covid-19

As reported by Reuters, a 53-year-old woman has died from coronavirus in Indonesia, becoming the country’s first recorded death from the virus, a health ministry official said on Wednesday.

The woman, a foreign national, had already been in critical condition when she was admitted to a hospital, said Achmad Yurianto, the health ministry official.

Coronavirus live updates: US cases pass 1,000 and UK health minister tests positive

South Australia has two new confirmed cases of Covid-19, according to SA Health chief medical officer Nicola Spurrier.

AAP report that they were two men who recently travelled overseas. Spurreir said the men, one aged in his 60s and the other aged in his 70s, presented to a virus testing centre last Tuesday with the positive results confirmed on Monday.

It is believed one man had travelled to Italy and Austria and the other to Southeast Asia.

Coronavirus live updates: Formula One team members in isolation and UK health minister tests positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm