Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do we think accurate info is going to be available to the public?
Well it hasn't been available so far. It's been downplayed far too much.
too much secrecy in testing numbers, tests available, the severity of the virus, the safety of traveling now, testing results seeming to be slow to be released.
It's no wonder people are in panic mode.

This is what I absolutely love about this site! We share stuff with each other that none of us would have known. You sharing this, and a previous post just now about construction on building out hospitals is invaluable information for us all to consider where the states and federal government are at and even down to the local level. Thank you everybody for sharing and posting stuff that is in your area for all of us to learn.

I just want to clarify about the hospital construction.... it isn't building out, it is more so enclosing specific areas. But I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything about building out. I unfortunately think it is probably too late for that... by the time the job got speced, materials ordered and delivered, etc... you're looking at at least a couple weeks.

Reminder, World Health Organization presser is in about 25 minutes. I will post a link .

For right now, Rest stop update of notes during the House of Rep meeting ongoing while driving.

My summary right now is not paraphrase very well as I took quick notes while driving and my notes are very poor. But I think the concept is there for discussion.
  1. The rest stop bathrooms are much cleaner in Georgia than they are in Florida
  2. There was discussion of why can't the United States just buy the South Korean test because they are testing so many everyday up to 15,000 a day. The answer was they would have to get FDA approval. The fast track that allows only United States companies does not allow FDA to approve an outside of US company for purchasing of a test. He wasn't sure, but he thought the company that produce them was Roche which is not United states-based. Also, the Koreans have very different platform is they have fast test and we have slow test. A different platform and our Health Department's do not have the equipment at this time to do fast testing/ hi throughput testing cannot be done in the United States because we do not have the equipment In our health Laboratories in our states.
  3. We have not considered drive-thru testing. We want to maintain the intimate relationship of Doctor vs patient in the United States. We believe in keeping contact with the doctor. The senator really lashed out at that person and said we don't see that. (E.d I agree!!!!!!!! This is one of those times that I wanted to yell in my car the Saturday Night Live quote that I said the other day "Jane, you ignorant sl*t"!!!!! Did you really just tell the American people and your constituents that?)
  4. A senator asked as a follow-up if the EPA or FDA I can't remember which in my notes could do a change to allow for the South Korean test. He said it would take a change in legislation. The only quick approval was for United States companies for even in emergency situations. It does not allow foreign companies.
  5. There was talk about South Korea doing an IGG and IGM test, but the senator was very confused that this was a serology test and not a diagnostic test so I'll skip that and get into it later. Those are two different to see if somebody has been infected in the past or in the future, and one of those antibodies is for long-term and one is for short-term.. I understand it but I'll go into it later when I'm not on the road.
  6. A senator whose name begins with Krishna...., focused on hanging the CDC person that bungled all this and they spent much of their time on that. Quit wasting our time and focus on what we need to do please senator. It wasn't one person it was the system so let's move on and let's focus on the solution is my opinion. In the middle of a crisis as we say, don't throw blame move on and try to fix it.
  7. Mr. Connolly oh, I don't remember what district or state he was with, he used almost all of his 5 minutes to be political. Again, I was disappointed they are using their time for politics. Also, he was using averages and not median numbers. I caught that but I don't think the Normal public would as I think he was using questions for sound bites for his district. It's very important when you were talking about ages to use median and not averages. The difference can be 15 years. In my opinion. I think the average may be 80 years, but I think the median maybe 65. That's just my opinion but I'm on the road and it's off the top of my head.
  8. Another Senator mr. Grothm (spelling?) Kept wanting to compare it to influenza. Again and again he wanted to compare it to influenza and NBA Games Etc. Another person who wasn't focused on getting two answers and doing sound bites.
Okay, I need to get back on the road after sitting at a rest stop to decompress after listening to that and I'm probably 40 minutes behind on the House of Representative hearing which will probably end in about 10 minutes but I will catch up later.

Have a good day everybody and the World Health Organization meeting live link should open up at about 12 p.m. Eastern, and as I said before I will post the link in about 20 minutes. They're late today.

ETA graph shown in hearing attached screenshot

Screenshot_20200311-111223_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
US House will vote on Democrats' coronavirus economic plan tomorrow, lawmaker says

US House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer Democrats are finalizing their coronavirus package today and will hold a vote on it tomorrow.

He said there won’t be time for a Congressional Budget Office score of the bill. He also couldn’t provide reporters with a specific cost estimate, saying it will “probably be in the billions.”

“It’ll be much more costly if we don’t provide this relief,” he said of the bill.

Remember: The legislation is not expected to pass in the Senate, as talks between lawmakers and the Trump administration continue.

Hoyer yesterday appeared to rule out the White House’s proposed payroll tax cut from being included in future coronavirus response legislation, saying he thinks it is “a nonstarter.”

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

No Guarantee You'll Get Tested For COVID-19, Even If Your Doctor Requests It
The short answer is, if your doctor feels a test is appropriate, he or she can request the test. But a request doesn't guarantee that you'll get one.

Confused? You're not aloneRight now the CDC is telling doctors in its new guidance that they should use their own medical judgment and then "work with their local health departments to coordinate testing through public health laboratories." But those labs have a limited capacity to test, so some have been turning down doctors' requests.

SHOTS - HEALTH NEWS
You Have A Fever And A Dry Cough. Now What?

The coronavirus test isn't simple, like the ones for the flu, strep or pregnancy. The kits detecting the novel coronavirus are configured more for a research lab than a hospital — and certainly can't be run in a doctor's office. It takes four to six hours to perform the tests on patient samples. And, while in principle tests can be run in batches of about 100, that's a challenge for smaller labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi