Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this just the American media lying to incite fear? Or is the Italian government in cahoots with trying to make the American people afraid and take away our freedoms.

It would be nice if we were locked down for a month , I frankly think its the only way, but I doubt the good ole USA is smart enough to take drastic measures like Italy!

I also have been receiving many credit card emails letting their customers know that you can change your due date of your bill if needed. I have never seen that before. Thankfully, we have zero balances but this current situation will effect the economy as well.

This is kind of OT but for those who are stocking up online this applies. Yesterday I learned that over $1200 was taken from our account due to debit card fraud. Fortunately it was red flagged after and the other 4 were pending. We had to go to the bank and file disputes so hopefully within 10 days, the money will be back in our account. At the bank we were told they just had a teleconference with all banks. It's happening through online sales. I only ordered through Amazon and Walmart and my debit card has always been in my possession. So you all keep checking your transactions just in case.

also off topic, but to piggy back off your post - whenever possible - always use your credit card vs debit card when buying gas and shopping online. credit cards offer much more protection and it's a lot quicker/easier to dispute and resolve fraud.

CDC director says some coronavirus-related deaths have been found posthumously

Rep. Harley Rouda asked CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield if it’s possible that some flu patients may have been misdiagnosed and actually had coronavirus.

"The standard practice is the first thing you do is test for influenza, so if they had influenza they would be positive," Redfield said.

Rouda then asked Redfield if they are doing posthumous testing.

Redfield said there has been "a surveillance system of deaths from pneumonia, that the CDC has; it’s not in every city, ever state, every hospital.”

Rouda followed up and asked, “So we could have some people in the United States dying for what appears to be influenza when in fact it could be the coronavirus?”

The doctor replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed that way in the United States today.”

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

bbm

Our university hospital has been thinking this way for a few weeks now, but tests weren't available to find out if the patients that had pneumonia were infected with COVID-19.

Madonna, Miley, Coachella: The gigs and festivals cancelled over coronavirus

Restrictions on travel and large public events in some parts of the world mean more and more music stars are cancelling gigs due to coronavirus.

As the number of worldwide cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, continues to rise, it is likely there will be more to come as efforts are made to contain the spread.

Here are music events and acts that have cancelled gigs so far.

Even HIMSS 2020 in Orlando has been cancelled this year due to coronovirus. It's going digital instead:

HIMSS 2020 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is Going Digital

Thanks for posting this. For people of all faiths, they have to improvise and find safe ways to deal with burial, last rites, etc. while in deep grief.
wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning for quick, mandatory cremation.
think about it, dead bodies can overwhelm the
funeral industry. How do you store all the dead bodies, and where do you store them?
this is something that has to be in the works, planning wise. We just haven't heard the news , YET.

CDC director says some coronavirus-related deaths have been found posthumously

Rep. Harley Rouda asked CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield if it’s possible that some flu patients may have been misdiagnosed and actually had coronavirus.

"The standard practice is the first thing you do is test for influenza, so if they had influenza they would be positive," Redfield said.

Rouda then asked Redfield if they are doing posthumous testing.

Redfield said there has been "a surveillance system of deaths from pneumonia, that the CDC has; it’s not in every city, ever state, every hospital.”

Rouda followed up and asked, “So we could have some people in the United States dying for what appears to be influenza when in fact it could be the coronavirus?”

The doctor replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed that way in the United States today.”

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

bbm
I knew it! I actually know 2 men who died rather suddenly and I really wonder.
One was a man with asthma, but an asthma attack can kill anyway.
The other was supposedly from "the flu", but he had tested negative for the types they test for.
Hmm...
Both previously healthy and 50 (ish)
Moo

also off topic, but to piggy back off your post - whenever possible - always use your credit card vs debit card when buying gas and shopping online. credit cards offer much more protection and it's a lot quicker/easier to dispute and resolve fraud.

JMO
I totally agree.
Also Credit Cards are not directly tied to your Checking or Savings account where a Debit Card does have a tie-in to your account. That is my understanding and is why I refused to get a Debit Card even though my bank elminated ATM cards. I am stuck having to personally visit the bank to get cash now but I like that better than having a Debit card tied to my account.

Zinc

Cellular healing and wound healing require Zinc, Vitamin C, and Protein. Zinc is the second most abundant mineral in the body after iron. Zinc is found in every cell of the body. The body does not store Zinc and it does not store Vitamin C because both are water soluble and excess is excreted. This means Zinc must be replenished from good nutrition sources like chicken, eggs, walnuts, pecans...

Always trustworthy - Mayo Clinic
Zinc

FYI to check food values
Nutritional Values For Common Foods And Products

I make sure to get lots of Vitamin C every day especially in summer by starting with a 100% serving like fruit juice. Just because you are all talking about Zinc, I checked and my meals yesterday were a veritable ZincFest: oatmeal with walnuts, egg drop soup, chicken sandwich. I wasn't even thinking about it...

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR POSTS ON THIS TOPIC OF COVID19. You are the best conversation of links and local anecdotes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi