Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody, we’re getting a little too close here, but just in case, if they’re low or out of TP, see if they have wipes. Regular butt wipes or baby wipes. Mooo. I heard this advice from a male individual btw, that’s where I’m getting it from.

We have hit a true low indeed.

ETA: @cody22 , of course save some for the mommas and babies. I don’t even have to tell you that because I know you are a thoughtful gentleman.

Soap and water with a washcloth also works.

Am I using it wrong?
I get the feeling I should be using tons more toilet paper in my day to day life. I see folks buying up huge quantities and have to wonder if I should be using half a roll for each visit to the room with the porcelain throne.
I think buying extra toilet paper is a way of exercising some small amount of control over the situation. And toilet paper is something people know will not go bad and they will use it eventually. Personally, when I hear of people stocking up on bottled water it makes me want to go buy more even though I Believe we will not have a water problem.

World Health Organization says it's seeing "alarming levels of inaction"

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press briefing today that the agency is "deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction” when he said the novel coronavirus outbreak is a pandemic.

He added: “We cannot say this loudly enough, or clearly enough, or often enough: All countries can still change the course of this pandemic."

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

I think buying extra toilet paper is a way of exercising some small amount of control over the situation. And toilet paper is something people know will not go bad and they will use it eventually. Personally, when I hear of people stocking up on bottled water it makes me want to go buy more even though I Believe we will not have a water problem.

I'm old enough to recall the days before "bottled water" was a thing. I think my local supermarket had maybe 6-12 gallon jugs on the shelf, year-round, and certainly no "brand names." I think the advice was to fill up the bathtub. IMO

Careful not to mention "Governor" Your post may be removed because it mentions Polit**s . Apparently there is a lack of understanding that when you speak of a virus or disease, you can not get far without mentioning Polit**s or Ra*e because all the news media articles mention something regarding those factors. Has intelligence, logic and critical thinking been thrown out the window?

I wanted to thank you, Johnny, for your contributions to the thread. Important info. I know that "fear" is a wonderful marketing tool, but I also know that, for me, this feels more "real" for some reason. Time will tell. IMO

CDC director says some coronavirus-related deaths have been found posthumously

Rep. Harley Rouda asked CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield if it’s possible that some flu patients may have been misdiagnosed and actually had coronavirus.

"The standard practice is the first thing you do is test for influenza, so if they had influenza they would be positive," Redfield said.

Rouda then asked Redfield if they are doing posthumous testing.

Redfield said there has been "a surveillance system of deaths from pneumonia, that the CDC has; it’s not in every city, ever state, every hospital.”

Rouda followed up and asked, “So we could have some people in the United States dying for what appears to be influenza when in fact it could be the coronavirus?”

The doctor replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed that way in the United States today.”

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

bbm

TMI?!
How Much Does Poop Weigh in Your Body?
''In the book The Truth About Poop, author Susan E. Goodman states that people produce one ounce of poop for each 12 pounds of their body weight. This means the more you weigh, the heavier your poop will be.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the average man in the U.S. weighs 195.7 pounds, and the average woman weighs 168.5 pounds. This means a man of average weight produces about 1 pound of poop and a woman of average weight produces about 14 ounces of poop per day, contained in your large intestine. The large intestine forms an upside down U over the coiled small intestine. It begins at the lower right-hand side of the body and ends on the lower left-hand side. The large intestine is about 5-6 feet long. It has three parts: the cecum, the colon, and the rectum. The cecum is a pouch at the beginning of the large intestine. This area allows food to pass from the small intestine to the large intestine. The colon is where fluids and salts are absorbed and extends from the cecum to the rectum. The last part of the large intestine is the rectum, which is where feces (waste material) is stored before leaving the body through the anus.

The main job of the large intestine is to remove water and salts (electrolytes) from the undigested material and to form solid waste that can be excreted. Bacteria in the large intestine help to break down the undigested materials. The remaining contents of the large intestine are moved toward the rectum, where feces are stored until they leave the body through the anus as a bowel movement.

The weight of your poop comes from the content of water, fiber, and bacteria present in the stool. Water makes up about 75% of feces and stool weight increases when more fiber is consumed, because fiber holds a lot of water.''

This is kind of OT but for those who are stocking up online this applies. Yesterday I learned that over $1200 was taken from our account due to debit card fraud. Fortunately it was red flagged after and the other 4 were pending. We had to go to the bank and file disputes so hopefully within 10 days, the money will be back in our account. At the bank we were told they just had a teleconference with all banks. It's happening through online sales. I only ordered through Amazon and Walmart and my debit card has always been in my possession. So you all keep checking your transactions just in case.

Using a CT scan as a workaround to diagnose coronavirus? Experts say no

With delays in lab tests to confirm coronavirus, some doctors have asked asking if CT scans can be used as a way to diagnose the disease. The American College of Radiology said despite a series of recently published tests from China, a CT scan or chest X-ray should not be used to determine if a patient has the illness.

“There is no role for imaging,” said Dr. Ella Kazerooni of the University of Michigan Medical Group and the chair of the American College of Radiology Thoracic Imaging Panel. Kazerooni said markings on a CT scan are not specific enough and could be confused with seasonal flu. She also said a CT scan is not necessary to make the decision that someone should be quarantined.

Questions from physicians, frustrated with the lack of testing, led the radiology association to clarify their position.

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

No one can build ICU units fast.

We need negative-pressure isolation rooms & that means construction with HVAC people that know what they are doing, and have the appropriate means of testing and validating it.

Oh, and then there's the oxygen and suction lines and all the electrical for the information systems, the ventilators, the lighting.

But MOST OF ALL- where are you going to find all the experienced and qualified ICU RN's, respiratory therapists, and MD's to staff all these beds?

And, these are the healthcare providers that are really vulnerable at this point.

MOO - realistically, the best that hospitals can do is to modify existing space. Which depending on the facility, may not even be an option for a variety of reasons.

Italy deaths increase by 196

The death toll from the coronavirus in Italy has risen from 631 to 827 in a day.

At the same time the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the country rose by more than 2,000, from 10,149 on Tuesday to 12,462 today.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO says Covid-19 is pandemic

As if the constant iterations of "don't panic!!!" actually have that effect, LOL. Now, if they could follow the "Don't Panic!!!!" with reasons why we need not panic. . . I think that might be a better strategy. I just get the feeling they haven't figured out that part, yet. When my ears hear Don't Panic!!! in a sentence, my mind interprets it to mean Panic???!!! IMO

It reminds me of an article from last week in which a man was quoted as saying something to the effect of: "When they told us not to panic I knew we needed to go out and buy all we could." LOL It still makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem