Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....

Exclusive: White House Told Federal Health Agency to Classify Coronavirus Deliberations - Sources

March 11, 2020

BY ARAM ROSTON AND Marisa Taylor

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has ordered federal health officials to treat top-level coronavirus meetings as classified, an unusual step that has restricted information and hampered the U.S. government’s response to the contagion, according to four Trump administration officials.

The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

Staffers without security clearances, including government experts, were excluded from the interagency meetings, which included video conference calls, the sources said.

“We had some very critical people who did not have security clearances who could not go,” one official said. “These should not be classified meetings. It was unnecessary.”

The sources said the National Security Council (NSC), which advises the president on security issues, ordered the classification.“This came directly from the White House,” one official said.

The White House insistence on secrecy at the nation’s premier public health organization, which has not been previously disclosed, has put a lid on certain information - and potentially delayed the response to the crisis. COVID19, the disease caused by the virus, has killed about 30 people in the United States and infected more than 1,000 people.

HHS oversees a broad range of health agencies, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which among other things is responsible for tracking cases and providing guidance nationally on the outbreaks.
OMG- Healthcare workers and scientists should call for mutiny on the bounty.
I hope the media eats this up. Can't wait for the blowback. It should be huge.

wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning for quick, mandatory cremation.
think about it, dead bodies can overwhelm the
funeral industry. How do you store all the dead bodies, and where do you store them?
this is something that has to be in the works, planning wise. We just haven't heard the news , YET.

wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning for quick, mandatory cremation.
think about it, dead bodies can overwhelm the
funeral industry. How do you store all the dead bodies, and where do you store them?
this is something that has to be in the works, planning wise. We just haven't heard the news , YET.

In our county, the county health department has designated an ice arena for this purpose, if needed. They did this during the H1N1 epidemic, if needed, and thank God it wasn't needed.

'No testing on arrival from Milan to the UK'

A 33-year-old male was feverish when he flew from Milan to Gatwick on Sunday after being forced to return home from a skiing holiday in Chamonix due to an injury to his girlfriend.

He said:

The captain informed the port authorities that people with the coronavirus may have been on board as the cabin crew reported a few people coughing, so we waited an hour and a half before disembarking but no-one came on board to check us.

I find it crazy no-one checked us. It was just like any other flight. In Italy, everyone is having their temperature measured. It is not happening in the UK and, most importantly, not on a flight containing people coming from the now quarantined areas. How else can you contain any possible risk? Its bizarre.

We took the train home to Brighton and I measured my body temperature which was 37.5 degrees and I started having diarrhoea. We rang 111 and explained where we had been and were told we should be in quarantine. They gave us the option of driving to a tent for testing or waiting for someone to call us within 48 hours to arrange a home test. But more than two days later and we were not contacted.

We rang them again this morning and they literally word for word said the same things. I’m sure I will be fine but I can’t understand why it takes so long to test someone who has a fever and has been in the area.

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

if i'm not posting monday you will know the outcome - i do appreciate your concern and it is a roll of the dice for us...

Are you going to take the cruise?

Your decision. I’m not going to tell you what to do. I can beg and advise, but certainly not make you or anyone else do anything.

You have been very very seriously lovingly and respectfully been warned my friend. You are playing with fire.

Back to the “P”C.

Wow....

Exclusive: White House Told Federal Health Agency to Classify Coronavirus Deliberations - Sources

March 11, 2020

BY ARAM ROSTON AND Marisa Taylor

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has ordered federal health officials to treat top-level coronavirus meetings as classified, an unusual step that has restricted information and hampered the U.S. government’s response to the contagion, according to four Trump administration officials.

The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

Staffers without security clearances, including government experts, were excluded from the interagency meetings, which included video conference calls, the sources said.

“We had some very critical people who did not have security clearances who could not go,” one official said. “These should not be classified meetings. It was unnecessary.”

The sources said the National Security Council (NSC), which advises the president on security issues, ordered the classification.“This came directly from the White House,” one official said.

The White House insistence on secrecy at the nation’s premier public health organization, which has not been previously disclosed, has put a lid on certain information - and potentially delayed the response to the crisis. COVID19, the disease caused by the virus, has killed about 30 people in the United States and infected more than 1,000 people.

HHS oversees a broad range of health agencies, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which among other things is responsible for tracking cases and providing guidance nationally on the outbreaks.

NOOOOOOO

First Amendment

Get the press on this right NOW!

No one puts Dr. Faucci in a corner

GRRRRRRR

Warriors to play Nets in first NBA game with no fans

The Golden State Warriors tweeted that they would be playing Thursday night’s game against the Brooklyn Nets at the Chase Center — but without fans.

The move comes after the city of San Francisco instituted a ban on gatherings of 1,000 or more people in an effort to limit the spread of coronavirus.

Fans with tickets to the game will get a refund for the amount they paid. All events at Chase Center through March 21 will be cancelled or postponed.

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

Why are cruises even still operating right now.

If I had a business that I knew was dangerous to people I would stop it.

Moo.

Yeah I know, then we have to stop all flights, bla bla.

I would’ve thought Princess specifically would have already halted cruises by now.

End rant.

Why are cruises even still operating right now.

If I had a business that I knew was dangerous to people I would stop it.

Moo.

Yeah I know, then we have to stop all flights, bla bla.

I would’ve thought Princess specifically would have already halted cruises by now.

End rant.
I so agree. Same question/ same answer $$. Everyday I receive emails from Princess, Celebrity, Norwegian with adverts to cruise. As if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T