Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree. Same question/ same answer $$. Everyday I receive emails from Princess, Celebrity, Norwegian with adverts to cruise. As if...

I keep getting airline discount emails and I found I can fly to Fort Myers, Florida for $49 round trip. That's cheaper than my hour bus ride and back to New York City!

But, nope, not going.

(1/2) DC Health Advisory
DC Health recommends that non-essential mass gatherings, including conferences and conventions, be postponed or cancelled. Mass gatherings are defined as events where 1,000 or more people congregate in a specific location.

Mayor Muriel Bowser on Twitter

(2/2) We also recommend that any social, cultural, or entertainment events where large crowds are anticipated be reconsidered by the organizer. This recommendation is in effect through March 31.

How many attended the BBQ cook off?
I honestly think ALL of us were exposed by now, if we have been outside of our homes or had any socialization with another human. Many of us probably thought we had a cold or mild flu, recovered and moved on. Now, are we e posed again? I’m unclear on that. If I had it and recovered, will I get it again & will I remain asymptomatic the second time but still transmit it? Rhetorical question.....
Joy, we’ll that’s not good.
Montgomery Co. COVID-19 patient went to Bar-B-Que Cookoff

Montgomery Co. COVID-19 patient went to Bar-B-Que Cookoff

San Francisco Giants cancel March 24 game

The San Francisco Giants announce it's canceling their preseason exhibition game against the Oakland Athletics at Oracle Park on March 24 due to a ban on large gatherings in the city and county.

The Giants are scheduled to start the regular season on the road and aren’t slated to host their first regular season game until April 3.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

Yeah if people aren’t going to contain themselves and “roll the dice” then I don’t know how we’re going to control this pandemic. I’ve said it before, other people are going to contribute to everyone else’s downfall.

Obviously people are not listening to anything. And it’s pathetic and angering and upsetting to see.

So everyone just go spread it around everywhere! It’s different if you HAVE to go to work, you take the precautions etc, but elective discussions to go roam around in the middle of a pandemic? Selfish, irresponsible, uninformed MOO.

Maybe some people will be more inclined to minimize their activities now.

Why do I even hope...

There are 39 new coronavirus cases in New York, governor says

... bringing the total cases in the state to 212 today.

Here are where the new cases are being reported:
  • 13 in Westchester
  • 12 in New York City
  • 9 in Nassau County, Long Island
  • 5 in Suffolk County, Long Island
Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

Here is a challenge question if anyone can get an accurate answer.

Are US states still having to send their testing back to the CDC to get official confirmation of a "Positive" result?

IMO, I have no idea but I could have sworn I saw 2 or 3 recent states saying they are waiting on CDC confirmation for some presumptive positive cases.

{{ Good thing my niece's wedding (in 4 weeks) is under 200 guests. }}
WTH - how to come up with an actual safe number?? Being around ONE person could be bad.
Crazy, huh? Heck our local WMT can exceed 250 at one time.
In the next few days the suggestion might be reduced to 100 or fewer.
I did hear the Seattle mayor mention something about restaurants. I didn’t catch her entire comment but I wonder if eventually all non-essential venues will be closed.

India 'bans foreign travellers'
India announced some of the most extreme action taken to date with respect to foreign tourists.

Kuwait bans foreign travellers
The official Kuwait state news agency, Kuna, quotes government spokesman Tareq al-Mezrem as saying: Incoming flights to Kuwait International airport will be restricted on [sic] Kuwaiti travellers and first-degree relatives.

Guatemala bans Europeans
Guatemalan health minister Hugo Monroy said on Wednesday that the country will ban the entry of European citizens in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares Covid-19 a pandemic while Italy death toll jumps by 196

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem