Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to the US without calling them out.....

"We're deeply concerned, both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction"
Head of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesu, says "Covid-19 can be characterised as a pandemic"
Coronavirus confirmed as pandemic BBC News (World) on Twitter

Deflect blame game. Go see what the WHO record is with regard to this virus. What country BESIDES THE USA offered to help Iran? Yep. Bash us until you need us. When we help, or even try to help, then all we get is backlash.
If you want to speak to us, we are the usA. Speak.

Starbucks to offer catastrophe pay and mental health support to employees exposed to coronavirus

Starbucks announced today that it will offer any employee diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19 up to 14 days of catastrophe pay.

"I want you to know that here at Starbucks, you should never have to choose between work and taking care of yourself," Rossann Williams, president of Starbucks US, wrote in a message to employees.

Starbucks is also offering employees mental health resources, such as access to free counseling and a meditation app.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

I don't understand having gatherings of 1000 people, or 250 people, or any people. These arbitrary limits are insane and dangerous. Sigh.
How are "they" going to handle the Major League Baseball games which start in early April and run for nearly 9 months ? Up to 16 games a day, nearly every day of the week, in mostly crowded stadiums of thousands of people, with shared concourses, concession stands, and restrooms ?....moo

Starbucks to offer catastrophe pay and mental health support to employees exposed to coronavirus

Starbucks announced today that it will offer any employee diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19 up to 14 days of catastrophe pay.

"I want you to know that here at Starbucks, you should never have to choose between work and taking care of yourself," Rossann Williams, president of Starbucks US, wrote in a message to employees.

Starbucks is also offering employees mental health resources, such as access to free counseling and a meditation app.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN
Good for Starbucks!

Again, I can’t say it enough, Dr Helen Chu is a goshdarn American hero for what she did defying federal govt attempts to block her from doing the first community tests in WA (and uncovering the community cases of #COVID19). History will remember #HelenChu A Seattle research project was reportedly told not to conduct coronavirus tests on swabs from flu patients — a missed opportunity early in the US outbreak

It's a damn shame, and we thought communist China was bad with their treatment of whistleblower doctor.

Yeah if people aren’t going to contain themselves and “roll the dice” then I don’t know how we’re going to control this pandemic. I’ve said it before, other people are going to contribute to everyone else’s downfall.

Obviously people are not listening to anything. And it’s pathetic and angering and upsetting to see.

So everyone just go spread it around everywhere! It’s different if you HAVE to go to work, you take the precautions etc, but elective discussions to go roam around in the middle of a pandemic? Selfish, irresponsible, uninformed MOO.

Why do I even hope...
this is why we need mandatory lockdown period we are too spoiled with activities to control ourselves , people in 3rd world countries will follow these kind of instructions before we will, they are used to doing without they will fare better than our lazy spoiled butts IMO JMO MOO mOO! Moo!

Well, it's really the 20% of people testing positive that we need to be giving medical treatments to.

So the good news is that we only need hospital beds for about 14,000,000 people

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

China got it right !

Let's get those empty auditoriums set up and ready as moderats-level treatment beds and leave the remaining ICU beds for the 3,000,000 severely ill.

The director of St. Joe was on one news station and he thinks we have plenty of beds, moo because I did not catch his name, only his title.

GEORGIA

• Fulton County Schools are closed again today after a teacher tested positive for the virus.
  • In South Georgia, Valdosta City Schools were also closed Wednesday after a student teacher had indirect contact with a family member who may have been exposed.
  • A Floyd County Schools employee has been diagnosed with coronavirus. Cave Spring Elementary School will be closed until Friday.
  • The first coronavirus patient has been transferred to isolation site at Hard Labor State Park.
  • Google has told employees in metro Atlanta to work from home if they can.
  • Five Georgia advocacy groups have called for the governor to postpone Crossover Day.
  • Congressman John Lewis’ 80th birthday celebration has been postponed.
  • Two Gordon State College students are being tested after they may have been exposed to the virus.
  • Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said the annual State of the City is being postponed.
  • Cartersville Medical Center announced it has a patient that tested positive for coronavirus, in addition to three patients who are awaiting results.
CORONAVIRUS IN GEORGIA: What’s happening today

Dow drops 1,200 points as WHO says coronavirus is a pandemic

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged even further on Wednesday afternoon, after the World Health Organization said the coronavirus outbreak can be classified as a pandemic.

Market reaction was swift, with the Dow tumbling by almost 5 percent. The S&P 500 fell by 4 percent and the Nasdaq by 3.8 percent.

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic
On top of being terrified that anyone I run into could have the virus our stocks are tanking. We're retired and depend on them to supplement our SS income. Hopefully things will calm down a bit soon. We're okay for now but I'm sure many other retirees are in a much worse position.

Who'd have thought a microscopic bug could create such chaos!

this is why we need mandatory lockdown period we are too spoiled with activities to control ourselves , people in 3rd world countries will follow these kind of instructions before we will, they are used to doing without they will fare better than our lazy spoiled butts IMO JMO MOO mOO! Moo!

there will always be the group that for reasons unknown refuse to believe novel Corona is real!

The Rolling Stones have a concert scheduled this year, I guess they will have to cancel. Idk how they can postpone, due to their ages.

How many attended the BBQ cook off?
I honestly think ALL of us were exposed by now, if we have been outside of our homes or had any socialization with another human. Many of us probably thought we had a cold or mild flu, recovered and moved on. Now, are we e posed again? I’m unclear on that. If I had it and recovered, will I get it again & will I remain asymptomatic the second time but still transmit it? Rhetorical question.....
It’s massive, 200,000 + people type event in Houston. 2020 Houston Rodeo Cookoff

I wonder if anyone will take it seriously now. Social media certainly doesn’t seem to show it. I feel like I’m in the grasshopper and ant story. I’ve always been an ant, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Yeah if people aren’t going to contain themselves and “roll the dice” then I don’t know how we’re going to control this pandemic. I’ve said it before, other people are going to contribute to everyone else’s downfall.

Obviously people are not listening to anything. And it’s pathetic and angering and upsetting to see.

So everyone just go spread it around everywhere! It’s different if you HAVE to go to work, you take the precautions etc, but elective discussions to go roam around in the middle of a pandemic? Selfish, irresponsible, uninformed MOO.

Why do I even hope...
I lose money any day I don't substitute. It's my part-time job after retiring from teaching. I recently went on the sub job site and cancelled my jobs for tomorrow and all next week. It's only 4 days to start with, but I just value my health more than the extra cash. Under "Reason for cancellation" I wrote "social distancing."

I also canceled a facial and 4 upcoming yoga classes. I had proposed to support the small businesses of my neighborhood at first, but no can do after today. Hopefully it's a short term problem for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove