Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get out of the market last Friday, and my broker convinced me to stay in. I made the same mistake in 2007. I'm going to be working until I'm 90 at this rate. And that's if I live through this.

I got out of the market at the bottom in 2008. Put it all in real estate. Then that tanked. Lol. I’ll be working until I die as well. Cheer up. You could catch the virus. And won’t need to work at all. Bc you could get called to heaven. Stay positive. Upbeat. Stay insides. Keep away from crowds. Just like most of us are doing. Take care of yourself the rest of today, tomorrow and the time you have here on earth and keep smiling. It’s going to be ok!!!!

I've been out for several hours and have many pages of catching up to do. My apologies if this has already been shared.

Michigan coronavirus patient being treated at U-M Hospital in Ann Arbor

Patient in ‘stable condition’

DETROIT – The state of Michigan has confirmed its first cases of the new coronavirus, COVID-19. One is being treated in Ann Arbor.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced the first cases during a press conference late Tuesday night in Lansing. The two cases are in Oakland and Wayne counties.

The Oakland County woman had traveled internationally. The Wayne County man had traveled domestically. Both are hospitalized. Both were described as “middle-aged."...

I've been "liking" a lot of posts on here that I don't really like, such as reports of more cases. So I like you the poster for posting the info, but I don't like the info. I'd like it if there were a dislike at times for the sad, scary or disheartening info contained in some posts. Just to be clear.

We really don't know what all is being done. However, it's crucial, that on this thread (there are tons of other threads), that we try to keep politics out of it. Believe me, I've done plenty of sitting on my hands!

PLEASE KEEP POLITICAL SLANTS AND OPINIONS OFF OF THIS THREAD.

NOT ALLOWED. PER OWNER OF THIS SITE. TRICIA.

Thank goodness for Cuomo. I lived in NYC for 25 years, and I have to say, I wouldn't want to be there now. But at least he's on the case, and doing his best to fight this virus in a timely way. He must feel like he paddling upstream all the time with the complacency of the fed. gov.
Was that political? I thought I was speaking to a matter of competence on the mayor's part, in the face of slow progress on the part of the fed gov. How is that political?

College Basketball Invitational calls off tourney, could March Madness be next?

The College Basketball Invitational, one of the sport's four post-season championship tournaments, cancelled its competition on Wednesday, citing uncertainty about the coronavirus.

The tournament is on the third tier of men's college basketball competitions, behind the NCAA Tournament and National Invitation Tournament, and alongside the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament.

Organizers of the NCAA Tournament, widely known as March Madness, said earlier this week they're "consulting with public health officials ... and will make decisions in the coming days."

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic
What about Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden? March 11-14. Still on last I read.

That's not a germ potential location? Right there with Penn Station? JMO

Oakland County: COVID-19 patient had little to no exposure to others in county

Oakland County officials believe the county's only confirmed case of COVID-19, one of the first in the state, presented little to no exposure to others within the county limits.

Within a day of arriving back to Michigan after international travel, the woman reported to the hospital, said Dr. Russell Faust, medical director for Oakland County. The Oakland County patient is in good condition and is being held in a respiratory isolation unit at an undisclosed hospital, Faust said.

The woman was tested Monday night and, roughly 24 hours later, the state announced she and a man in Wayne County who had recently traveled domestically were the state's first presumed positive results...

I'm glad to know that the Oakland County case had limited contact within the county where I live :)

SAN FRANCISCO

Golden State Warriors announce they will play the Brooklyn Nets with no fans tomorrow night.
The Hawks are scheduled to play the Warriors out west on March 25.

All events at Chase Center through March 21 will be cancelled or postponed at this time. We'll continue to monitor this evolving situation closely to determine best steps. We appreciate the understanding and patience of our fans, guests and partners.
Warriors Statement On Chase Center Events | Golden State Warriors

WSB-TV Sports Zone on Twitter

Irish Cancer Society expects to take 'huge hit' financially after cancelling Daffodil Day

THE IRISH CANCER Society has said it expects to take a “huge hit” financially after cancelling its major fundraising event in response to the outbreak of the coronavirus.

Daffodil Day – which raises money for cancer research every year – was due to take place on 27 March but all street collections and scheduled events were cancelled yesterday.

The charity says its priority is the health and well-being of its patients, volunteers and supporters, many of whom are categorised among those at risk.

I've been "liking" a lot of posts on here that I don't really like, such as reports of more cases. So I like you the poster for posting the info, but I don't like the info. I'd like it if there were a dislike at times for the sad, scary or disheartening info contained in some posts. Just to be clear.
lol I laughed at myself for liking several posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane