Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First community transmission of virus in Scotland

The first case of coronavirus transmitted within the community has been detected in Scotland.

Until now cases of the virus had been traced to people who had travelled to affected areas such as northern Italy.

Chief medical officer Catherine Calderwood said although community infections had been expected, Scotland remained in the "containment phase".

According to official Scottish figures, 2,316 tests have been carried out with 36 coming back positive.

(CNN) - Beginning immediately, CVS Pharmacy will waive delivery fees for prescription drugs due to the coronavirus outbreak.

“Being committed to the welfare of those we serve means being responsive to evolving needs and acting swiftly. This is particularly true in times of uncertainty,” Troyen Brennan, the executive vice president and chief medical officer of CVS Health, said in a press release.

CVS Pharmacy offering free prescription delivery during outbreak

He/she doesn’t care to listen to educated advice from health professionals, etc, so be it.

I really don’t want this conversation taking up space about someone who is choosing to do this.

If you need help canceling, we can advise you. If not, this is not the place to be talking about taking your next cruise. I personally find this highly offensive and inappropriate considering the 3 months we spent here talking about cruises and the fact we are in a pandemic wanting people to start thinking seriously about their actions. Either we stand together in solidarity or we don’t. No wonder Doc T is so frustrated. People are not listening!! Talking about taking cruises in the middle of all this.

Ridiculous.

We stand together as a country. On WS we share different opinions, even yours. To blast a well known member who tirelessly posts time lines on other threads, who is a prolific cruiser and adds info specific to cruising cases here on WS, is totally uncalled for. She is lamenting the loss of a cruise that she and her family love to take. She has every right to post that concern here as much as you post as well.

On top of being terrified that anyone I run into could have the virus our stocks are tanking. We're retired and depend on them to supplement our SS income. Hopefully things will calm down a bit soon. We're okay for now but I'm sure many other retirees are in a much worse position.

Who'd have thought a microscopic bug could create such chaos!

I wanted to get out of the market last Friday, and my broker convinced me to stay in. I made the same mistake in 2007. I'm going to be working until I'm 90 at this rate. And that's if I live through this.

To Margarita 25 in case you get reported and I get deleted:

We stand together as a country. On WS we share different opinions, even yours. To blast a well known member who tirelessly posts time lines on other threads, who is a prolific cruiser and adds info specific to cruising cases here on WS, is totally uncalled for. She is lamenting the loss of a cruise that she and her family love to take. She has every right to post that concern here as much as you post as well.

Thank you, marking this to research more. I had actually purchased Zinc Losanges, per the a physician’s list of recommended supplies posted way upstream.

I was refraining from entering this conversation while I'm driving and at a rest area. But I have to chime in. Zinc is a water soluble type compound in your body. It is not one that is very dangerous for an overdose like Vitamin D. It gets flushed out easily at high levels. Vitamin D can get high and cause problems because it stays in your fat. Don't have time to go into it, but research if you would like and I'm back on the road in a bit. Significant difference in taking vitamin D and zinc and overdosing in my opinion. Backed up by science in my opinion

"Shaking my head"....
But had they been tested earlier, during incubation, they would have tested negative.
So many people seem to think one cough constitutes a test.
Plus, if someone gets a “negative, good to go”, too soon, they will infect many people.
Idk why people think isolation is a bad thing. It can be used constructively. My house is spotless, my dog & horses are free of any loose hair, lol. I think my dog wishes I would leave home.
Everyone has things they can catch up on if they do need to isolate or quarantine.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

China got it right !

Let's get those empty auditoriums set up and ready as moderats-level treatment beds and leave the remaining ICU beds for the 3,000,000 severely ill.

JMO
Ive also been thinking back to what we saw and learned from China.

I agree that a lot of China's actions were largely good decisions to help slow down the virus. Especially the quick building of those new hospitals. That was amazing and I really hope Italy and the US and other hit places can ramp up the necessary beds and ventilators for the 20% of the infected that end up needing hospitalization.

That is the statistic that a lot of people that are not following the Virus news knows about.

Roughly 20% of those who catch this Coronavirus will develop more serious conditions like pneumonia and lots of those 20% end up in the hospital with serious breathing problems. Nobody wants to get sick from this virus, let alone die from it.

The other thing that is panning out from China is the death rate was "about" right. Very early estimates from China alone had it about 2.3-2.6 % from what I recall, and we wondered if their figures would ring true. So far, it appears the death rate is even higher than that but the good news is it not too far off what we were seeing in China. I was afraid it would be a lot higher.

We also did sense this virus is very contagious from the actions of China, and that is definitely panning out true. If someone is affected, they can easily transmit it to others. It is very contagious when a person is sick with it and shedding the virus.

We learned an awful lot from China. Just wish there was more preparation actions taken by the US before it hit our shores like most of us figured it would. Anybody paying attention saw what was coming about 3 or more weeks ago.

Why are cruises even still operating right now.

If I had a business that I knew was dangerous to people I would stop it.

Moo.

Yeah I know, then we have to stop all flights, bla bla.

I would’ve thought Princess specifically would have already halted cruises by now.

End rant.
The cruise ships can cruise.........just nowhere to dock. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members