Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WSU, MSU, Central and more suspending in-person classes due to coronavirus

Universities in Michigan moved Wednesday to cancel in-person classes in response to the state's first confirmed cases of coronavirus.

Wayne State University extended its spring break for students and canceled all classes until March 23 to plan for the university's shift to online instruction.

Central Michigan University announced it was moving all classes online after spring break through March 20, and that it would decide by 4 p.m. March 19 about classes for the following week.

All in-person classes at Michigan State University will be moved to online instruction-only until at least April 20, and students living in dormitories are encouraged to go home, as a person "linked" to the campus is investigated and monitored for the coronavirus...

I think it is against TOS to tell anyone what they may or may not post. I hope everyone can follow TOS so we can continue to discuss this life changing catastrophe. Moo. Perhaps a PM is better than trying to shame someone out loud.

✔@petermarksdrama

14th Street N & R station, Wed. 1:45 PM. (NYC Subway)

ES2Jcf0WAAAFChI
And that's such a normally busy place. I spoke with my son and he has not been authorized to work from home as yet. He did say the LIRR and subways had way less people and he considered that a positive. Less people/less exposure. I still wish he (and the daughter and the DIL and SIL) could work from home. Come on NYC!

Dow plunges by 1,500 points, pulling America closer to a bear market

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by more than 1,500 points on Wednesday afternoon, threatening the nation's historic 11-year bull market, the longest expansion on record.

The Dow is currently trading below 23,641, the point at which U.S. will officially be in a bear market if the 30-stock index remains at or below that number when the closing bell rings.

A bear market indicates a 20 percent decline from the Dow's 52-week high.

The market meltdown was a response to the continued lack of concerted policy action from President Donald Trump's administration, which has been criticized for its mixed messaging about the best ways to address and contain the virus.

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

Exactly what I was dreading. Yet I knew it was just a matter of time.....

The conference was March 2 and 3
25,000 attendies
More than 130 countries
man sought medical attention on March 7

10 days observation takes you to Friday the 13th for location A, ie conference

asked to monitor for next 14 days

Wide spanning chain of transmission.

Italian medical chief dies from coronavirus

Italy’s medical community is mourning the death of the head of the medical association in the northern Italian region of Varese.

Roberto Stella, president of the Medical Guild of Varese, died Tuesday night in Como, where the 67-year-old was hospitalized for respiratory failure due to coronavirus.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

I think that this whole virus is getting super scary for some people.

I plan on chilling this weekend with my kids, and going skiing. Fresh air, hot toddies, good times.

I haven't been this scared of what was going to happen in the world and personally since 9/11 and the months after. Everyday the news just gets worse and worse.

Please remember to contact the Samaritans if any of you are struggling with your mental health beacuse of this crisis or anything else.

I could care less about timelines right now.

I apologize if I misinterpreted the post.

Thank you for speaking up.

Sorry @oviedo if that was a “blast”.

There’s no time here for candy coating.

I apologize to everyone if I have stepped over the line.

Your heartfelt concerns about the virus are understandable. And probably shared by most of us here on WS.
Your intolerance of other people’s decisions, whether we believe them to be RIGHT OR WRONG, in handling their day to day responses to the virus and how it affects them, was what I perceived as the problem. Until cruises are banned by whatever government or business authority makes that choice, we are a free people. Now, if banned, that’s different.

Thank you for your latest clarifying post.

Trump is tweeting about coronavirus

“Someone needs to tell the Democrats in Congress that CoronaVirus doesn’t care what party you are in. We need to protect ALL Americans!" the President tweeted.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and others are preparing to send a letter that will ask Trump to issue an emergency declaration for the coronavirus pandemic.

Meanwhile in the House, Democrats plan to hold a vote tomorrow on a package they are currently assembling that would serve as a response to the pandemic, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases pass 115,000 worldwide - CNN

the President of the company I work for just said" I don't know why everyone is so worked up this is exactly like the flu " .....unbelievable!

I think there's a lot of "whistling in the dark" behind those statements, too. Along the lines of. . If I downplay the fears of how bad it might be, maybe it won't be so bad. . . or something like that. JMO

We really don't know what all is being done. However, it's crucial, that on this thread (there are tons of other threads), that we try to keep politics out of it. Believe me, I've done plenty of sitting on my hands!

PLEASE KEEP POLITICAL SLANTS AND OPINIONS OFF OF THIS THREAD.

NOT ALLOWED. PER OWNER OF THIS SITE. TRICIA.

Ok, Kali.

Your heartfelt concerns about the virus are understandable. And probably shared by most of us here on WS.
Your intolerance of other people’s decisions, whether we believe them to be RIGHT OR WRONG, in handling their day to day responses to the virus and how it affects them, was what I perceived as the problem. Until cruises are banned by whatever government or business authority makes that choice, we are a free people. Now, if banned, that’s different.

Thank you for your latest clarifying post.

Fair enough, but please keep in mind let’s not forget your actions (or lack thereof) don’t just affect yourself anymore.

End of discussion. I’ve deleted my post as I said and apologized several times.

Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member