Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three Transportation Security Administration screeners at San Jose International Airport in California have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple reports.

The Department of Homeland Security reportedly said the officers are receiving medical care and all employees who came in contact with them over the past 14 days are quarantined at home.
Coronavirus live updates: 3 TSA agents test positive; Large groups to be banned in Seattle

Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee will announce social distancing plans and new community strategies for Washington residents on Wednesday due to the coronavirus outbreak.

A source confirms to KING 5 News that Inslee will ban gatherings and events of more than 250 people in virtually the entire Seattle metro area to try to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

The source who spoke anonymously about the decision said the ban would apply to King, Pierce and Snohomish counties, which are home to almost 4 million people. The person said the order would not prohibit the operation of workplaces and is not expected to include school closures.

Coronavirus live updates: 3 TSA agents test positive; Large groups to be banned in Seattle

Washington State's @GovInslee shows true leadership in the face of the #COVID19 #coronavirus epidemic.
Gov. Inslee to restrict gatherings of more than 250 people, a move aimed at sports and concerts

A businessman from Kent (UK) says he and his son have been waiting nine days for a coronavirus test after getting a cough following a trip to northern Italy.

A clinician told him someone would contact them to arrange a test at his home in Westerham, near Sevenoaks or at drive-in centre at a local hospital. But he has heard nothing since, despite daily calls to the 111 service to check on the progress.

Coronavirus live updates: eighth Briton dies, second UK MP self-isolates and Belgium records first death

What things are people on here already doing.
I have decided to:
Stop eating out and having takeaways.
no visits to cinema/theatre or other entertainment venues.
no visits to the pub.
no unnecessary shopping.
Not to go to hairdresser/manacurist.

What things are people on here already doing.
I have decided to:
Stop eating out and having takeaways.
no visits to cinema/theatre or other entertainment venues.
no visits to the pub.
no unnecessary shopping.
Not to go to hairdresser/manacurist.

I have made no changes yet apart from washing my hands more often and for longer

Police break up crowd of University of Dayton students after housing closure news

Police at the University of Dayton in Ohio fired "pepper balls" and cleared a street early Wednesday after a disorderly crowd or around 1,000 gathered after learning that the college would be shutting down student housing over fears of the novel coronavirus.

University officials said in a statement that one person was injured by a thrown bottle. University and Dayton police moved to clear the street around 2:15 a.m.

The university's student-run newspaper, the Flyer News, reported that the crowds gathered in reaction to news that the university housing would close Wednesday.

The university announced Tuesday that it would suspend in-person classes and ask students to return home and do online learning. "Students will remain off campus for at least two weeks following spring break," the university said.

Scotland warning

The Scottish NHS may need to draft in thousands of trainee doctors and nurses to cope with worker absence rates of up to 30 per cent during the coronavirus outbreak, the country's health secretary has warned.

Jeane Freeman said NHS modelling showed that the virus could result in an absence rate of between 25 and 30 per cent among health staff - and that dealing with infected patients left NHS workers at "greater risk" even with protective equipment.

UK braces for surge in coronavirus infections as health minister tests positive - follow live

I am including some charts from Dr. Wu's presentation for the Croi 2020 conference. The information on age groups at risk is particularly interesting.

View attachment 237811 View attachment 237812 View attachment 237814 View attachment 237815 View attachment 237816

I find it interesting that fever is not reported in 100% of the patients! My child and I have been coughing but since we don’t have fever I figured we are ok...?! And fever I believe has been the diagnostic measure used in screening passengers and deciding who to test right?!
Neither of us have traveled but I am a waitress in a tourist destination town- unfortunately there’s no working from home for me! No work= no money.

Updated information about the two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Michigan. Media reports yesterday erroneously stated that the two people were from Oakland and Washtenaw counties, but they are actually from Oakland and Wayne counties. I don't understand why Governor Whitmer considers two cases to be a state of emergency :rolleyes: I'm afraid this will incite undue fear and panic.

First 2 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Michigan: What we know, don’t know

Michigan coronavirus cases confirmed in Oakland, Wayne counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members