Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria Cantwell’s office says an aide in her DC office tested positive for coronavirus, saying the senator has closed her office this week for “deep cleaning” - and staff will telework

“The individual who tested positive ..had no known contact with the senator or other members“
Manu Raju on Twitter

The issue is the flu is spread out from September through May so there is not a “crunch” that threatens the healthcare system. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly within months, with community spread overwhelming hospitals.

The systemic issue is not the total number of cases or deaths but rather the ratio of current cases to hospital beds at any moment in time.

We have a ratio problem here with the flu- it came late. Add in this, nightmare

Nice of him to joke about it and spread it around. Wonder if he as learned anything from this?
Rudy Gobert ruled questionable with 'illness' days after touching mics for coronavirus joke

Wow...

According to the above link:

“With that in mind, Jazz star Rudy Gobert could have handled this joke better.

While speaking to reporters from the media center on Monday (not the locker room), Gobert finished up his press conference by touching all the microphones, recorders and phones left on the table. He was making a point about the global fear stemming from the coronavirus pandemic.”

The issue is the flu is spread out from September through May so there is not a “crunch” that threatens the healthcare system. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly within months, with community spread overwhelming hospitals.

The systemic issue is not the total number of cases or deaths but rather the ratio of current cases to hospital beds at any moment in time.
And vast majority of people with flu don't need hospitalization.

Sure or hand sanitizer & Clorox.
Assuming the MLB 2020 season will be cancelled also if the NBA is cancelling their season. That is unheard of. Networks rely on sports / big$$$ from their advertisers that sports bring.

However, since everyone is frightened and will probably be staying more indoors, should I buy stock in streaming services?

“The Jazz recently visited TD Garden in Boston to play the Celtics last Friday. Gobert played over 32 minutes in that game.”

NBA suspends season after player tests positive for
Wow...

According to the above link:

“With that in mind, Jazz star Rudy Gobert could have handled this joke better.

While speaking to reporters from the media center on Monday (not the locker room), Gobert finished up his press conference by touching all the microphones, recorders and phones left on the table. He was making a point about the global fear stemming from the coronavirus pandemic.”
Thank you, I hate doing outside quotes on my phone. My touchscreen never cooperates.

they even have video of it on the link.

I'm starting to think it's better to get sick sooner than later....given the tremendous strain on hospitals and medical staff, if it's coming to the point of needing to choose who to treat.
I've thought about that as well. If you can get it more than once, though, it wouldn't matter, it might damage your body enough to make the next illness fatal.

Reuters: A Brazilian government official who attended an official meeting at Donald Trump's resort in Florida on Saturday and posted a photo of himself standing next to the U.S. president is being tested for coronavirus, the Folha de S.Paulo newspaper said on Wednesday.

Reuters: Reuters could not independently confirm the report.

Reuters: Fabio Wajngarten is Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro's communications secretary and he accompanied the far-right leader on a visit to Florida that included dinner with Trump at Mar-A-Lago.

Reuters: In response to the article, Wajngarten wrote on Twitter that he is healthy. However, he did not deny that he tested for the virus after returning to Brazil.

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Now people can soon live out their Walking Dead fantasies. A population destroyed by disease and a bunch of gun toting jokers going about shooting anyone they deem diseased.

Last night I was pondering our society & what will happen when the outbreak hits home for *some* people with cabin fever, short fuses & lots of guns and ammo.

Scary thoughts.

Now that a celebrity has novel C it might ease up the SM abuse for some non famous patients. As I stated earlier, the woman from KY/WMT has been ostracized on the local news website. Frankly I can’t believe they didn’t take the posts down. Of course her name is out here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member