Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to jump in so late without reading all previous threads but I had to.

I'm not a germophobe, a hypochondriac, an alarmist, or easily swayed by social media and news reporting. But I am genuinely very worried about this - for my parents who are both in their 70s, and especially for my brother who has Stage 4 Colon Cancer and has a very compromised immune system. His wife is a nurse, and who knows what she can bring home?

I'm in Pittsburgh, where there have been no reported cases, but several (at least 4 that I know of) people in their 40s, in good health, who got the flu shot, have not only developed severe Type A flu, but also pneumonia with it. I find that odd and very worrisome. None were tested for coronavirus as far as I know, at least not at the hospital or clinic. I feel that when widespread testing begins there will be more cases than we even suspect in the worst case scenario.

My company is super anti-work from home, anti-sick days. We only get 4 sick days per year and they are accrued - so if you certainly can't take 4 sick days all at once, you have to take vacation. The flu and cold have been spreading like wildfire because no one stays home when they are sick. Their response and plan to a potential outbreak is to set out bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere and WASH YOUR HAND SIGNS.

Also, I depend on Lyft and Uber for transport to and from work everyday. In terms of exposure, that's fairly high. Lots of people ride in those cars, many from the airport coming from who knows where. SO yeah. Oh also, the company CEO who hates work from home and is stingy with sick days is currently in Barcelona - will he make it back? Will he loosen up our Dickensian work policies? Stay tuned!

Thanks everyone for all the informative info. My go to place. I think the biggest fear I have are others taking this seriously? Others who can put me at risk and my loved one's? I know many are not. Those who are sticking their heads in the sand do they not care what they can pass on to those of us in higher risk categories? Scary times we live in.

Meanwhile in my county, people are gonna snipe their grandparents!
This was funny.
I know it's autocorrect, but ROTFLMAO!!

This is what someone typed;

"They are still working on a vacation or a medication to prevent or weaken the virus. Until then the elderly with an immune system already jeopardized are in the most danger. That’s why they suggest you not visit grandparents and older parents for at least a month. Cell them or snipe or FaceTime."

Well I think everyone at the SEC in Nashville think novel C is not important. I can’t believe it was not closed to the public. Why not watch from home, have a small get together, a risk free SEC experience.....smh.
Thanks everyone for all the informative info. My go to place. I think the biggest fear I have are others taking this seriously? Others who can put me at risk and my loved one's? I know many are not. Those who are sticking their heads in the sand do they not care what they can pass on to those of us in higher risk categories? Scary times we live in.

YUP....

It appears we are a week or so behind Italy. A ban on flights from Europe isn’t going to change that. More decisive federal action — massive testing and social distancing — appears to be necessary to “flatten the curve.” Atul Gawande on Twitter

Atul Gawande on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_223336.jpg
    IMG_20200311_223336.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
A convicted fraudster is taking advantage of peoples fear and panic to make money. Yes, it is that Jim Bakker. Bakker gained fame in the 1970s and 80s as the host of The PTL Club, a Christian television program he hosted with his then-wife Tammy Faye. He stepped down from PTL after a sex scandal, and later spent several years in prison after a jury found that he had defrauded his viewers out of millions of dollars. Missouri Sues Televangelist Jim Bakker For Selling Fake Coronavirus Cure

The White House has clarified one of the key details about Trump’s measures.

The president said that trade and cargo from Europe would be banned along with passengers. But the administration later said that the president misspoke and that trade would continue between the US and Europe.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

Hoping to get the payroll tax cut approved by both Republicans and Democrats, and please remember, very important for all countries & businesses to know that trade will in no way be affected by the 30-day restriction on travel from Europe. The restriction stops people not goods.

I’m kind of nervous as I had a mammogram on Friday & a stress test yesterday both at medical faculty that is attached to a local hospital & since yesterday evening I have had a sore throat. This morning I woke up with shortness of breath, as well as the sore throat and a mild low-grade fever. Tonight my breathing is more labored & my nose is running. I also have a compromised immune system.
I am praying like crazy that I don’t have the virus. I’m going to contact my Dr now via the local portal. I’m hoping to get an appointment ASAP.

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_223845.jpg
    IMG_20200311_223845.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 10
like a week ago he said it was a hoax and less than a week ago he said ppl should just go to work if they feel sick and not worry
In case you missed this important post from Tricia, I remind you again.
Hey Everyone,

After SillyBilly's warning, I am still seeing political posts.

I really REALLY want to keep this thread open. This thread is needed but everyone needs to stop with the politics. Stop with the complaining about politics. Stop with the complaining about posters complaining about politics.

PLEASE JUST STOP!

Thank you,
Tricia

The total number of coronavirus cases worldwide now stands at 126,135, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

Coronavirus live updates: US suspends all travel from Europe for 30 days, excluding UK

These are the highest infection figures globally:

1. China: 80,932
  2. Italy: 12,462
  3. Iran: 9,000
  4. South Korea: 7,755
  5. France: 2,284
  6. Spain: 2,277
  7. Germany: 1,966
  8. US: 1,311
  9. Switzerland: 652
  10. Japan: 639

So, to keep things in perspective. That's only .0016 of the world population, including the extremely high numbers in China, Italy, Iran and South Korea. The US number, taken alone, is infinitesimmaly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot