Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban made it known that teams are still allowed to practice, but are not supposed to have visitors from out of town. In addition, per a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, teams who played the Jazz in the last 10 days have been told to self-quarantine. That includes the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors and Oklahoma City Thunder.”

NBA suspends 2019-20 season 'until further notice' after Rudy Gobert reportedly tests positive for coronavirus

When my mom passed away it took 17 of us to take boxes of pantry food home. She had everything she needed to live for 2 years on the farm if needed. Stocked pantry is a thing from people who lived off the land at some point. They're always afraid of an early frost.

Stocked pantries a tradition in my family as they all survived starvation during WW2.
ETA and they also never waste a crumb of food.

ETA Pantries!

Last edited:
But the Surgeon General yelled at us on Twitter for wanting masks! I'm torn between authority figures LOL!:p
The left hand is clearly going in a dif’ direction than the right hand. Wear masks-no masks don’t help, go to work-no don’t work, eat out-no isolate and hunker at home.

As of this morning, I have completely lost faith that we are getting “truth”. At least in KY. Our governor failed to do his morning news conference, no explanation, yet.

We all “know” people in our area.....people tend to “talk”. People like doctors, nurses, lab techs.......interesting how a personal phone convo offers up more info than the missing governor. Moo

We will see.....

Along with Howard Forman, I have delivered a Briefing Memo to Vice President
The opportunity to save thousands of lives in a fortnight seldom presents itself.”
Mr. Pence’s chief of staff has informed me that our ideas coincide with broad steps they are taking!
#TESTVIRUSNOW Jeremy Faust MD MS on Twitter

Jeremy Faust MD MS on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_103519.jpg
    IMG_20200312_103519.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200312_103525.jpg
    IMG_20200312_103525.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 5
WATCH: Gov. Northam announces ninth case of coronavirus in Virginia

I needed a day to recover from VA Governor Northam presser.

First you can barley bear, no mikes for questions, and the governor rocks back and forth on his heels, while staring at the ceiling, when the various agencies speak.

He starts off with......
We are a Commonwealth and have a very unique plan.

Northam, we have 10 million towards cost. We will pay government employees to work from home or while out of work. No mention of those non government employees, how state would help the localities or if funds would be sent to localities. He was very invasive about any details, as were all of the Departments that spoke. NO State of Emergency.

VHD, only people exposured to a known case will be tested or a nursing home resident. ALL test request are investigated, prior to approval and ONLY VHD can approve the test!!! Recommends call your family Dr and arrange for private testing.

BOE, school decisions will be made locally. If schools have the capability of inline education, it may be approved if all elements are met. School without online capability will , not go to school. Sent TWO MEMOs (WOW) recommending school superintendents work with local health depts, review local emergency plans and review CDC website.

Supply/General Stores, said we do have a stock pile of supplies (seemed unsure and uncertain of himself) and we have applied to US government for more. These will be distributed to first responders and health depts. Not sure I'm buying this "we have a stock pile".

State lab, capability to do 400 per day. Applying for more as the order is received. CDC still rationing. Suggests private labs. MCV, VCU and UVA working on a test kit. (those colleges closed right after the presser)

CEO VA Hospital Assoc., they are preparing, no update when/where supplies might come from. Did stress the need for additional nurses, physicians, and supplies.

So the bottom line is.....

We in VA are unique. We are going to have to handle this at a local level. What has happened???? I'm physical sick over the response from the governor and his lackadaisical appearance.

Since the presser, most all colleges have cancelled class and dorms will not reopen after spring break. Loudon schools are closed, GDs robotic competition trip was cancelled, but the band is STILL going to Disney because its not enclosed, its more open and they can't get the money back.

IMOO...very worried in Virginia
I am in VA too and am more worried by his pressers than I was over his absence for 5 days. And he is a doctor! Maybe he is stunned because he realizes how bad this really is, but he sure isn't helping confidence in the Commonwealth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren