Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is still happening
my FB is full of people still criticizing those of us who tried to prepare
I still don’t get that. What do the masses or friends and family even, care how we spend our money? If I went out and bought a new car I wouldn’t face ridicule but god forbid I spend money on an extra month of groceries and supplies. I may not need them (hopefully), but what’s it to them if I have them.

Here is why calls for blanket testing will not work:big supply issues worldwide. So need to use resources in a smart way: test positive means whole household should be considered positive, no need for individual testing but home quarantaine where possible RNA Extraction Kits for COVID-19 Tests Are in Short Supply in US

I understand this but color me angry as hell as the reason for the shortages is because other countries were doing a whole lot of testing while we were being fed lies, lies and more lies...and thats a fact, jack...

GOP senator McSally urges cancellation of congressional break

Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz. said Thursday that congressional leaders should cancel recess until the House and Senate address the outbreak.

“Americans all over the country are looking to us to lead on mitigating the impact of this virus,” McSally said in a statement. “It is totally unacceptable for us to leave Washington, D.C., and recess without further acting to support our constituents.”

The House and Senate are on recess next week and there’s no guarantee Congress will pass an aid package before leaving for the break, although the House was scheduled to vote on a sweeping aid package Thursday.

Coronavirus updates live: U.S. slaps travel restrictions on most of Europe

bbm

Big Ten men’s basketball tournament cancelled due to coronavirus

Have to think the entire March Madness tourney is next.
NHL too I bet. The Wells Fargo Center in Philly is closed for the current time (for cleaning). The Sixers BB team played the Detroit Pistons just last night, right before NBA suspended the season. Detroit players had recently played the Utah Jazz...and the cycle continues.

Hockey plays in the same building, so...waiting to hear something.

I can't keep up with these threads but what I'm seeing happening in regards to Coronavirus is very troubling. I stocked my family up with rice and rice products earlier this week after seeing them disappearing from the shelves. My entire household is gluten free due to a severe wheat allergy and the majority of GF products I buy are made with rice flour. I also had trouble finding GF soy sauce this week. I ordered a couple of bags of brown rice flour on Amazon and immediately after I hit the order button and returned to the product listing the price went up $2. I've never seen that happen before... o_O I haven't been able to find hand sanitizer in stores for 2 weeks. I read in this thread a recipe to make it but I can't find the ingredients to make it either. I did get one of the last refill size bottles of liquid anti-bacterial soap off the shelves. I figure as we have soap and water we are good.

I'm currently trying to convince friends and family members that I'm not exaggerating when I say we are going to be stuck at home for a month in the near future due to coronavirus. They think I'm a little too obsessed right now. Can anyone give me a good "nutshell" summary of what I should say to get other people to take this seriously? Pretend your audience has no cable TV, nor broadcast of local TV, mostly ignores news sites online and hates politics so tunes out anytime they hear "Trump announced..." The NBA canceling the rest of the season and 100's of universities closing down also hasn't seemed to sink in yet. Is this the viral version of the black plague or what? I need numbers. Statistics. Facts I can present to make my case that we should self-isolate until around April or May. TIA.

(I probably wont' be able to respond to any replies with the speed this thread is moving).

Looking for a place to watch Oregon Governor Kate Brown’s news conference at 9.

Maybe here...

“Governor Brown will address the strategies at a press conference at 9 a.m. Thursday in Portland, including:
1. Large gatherings: All large gatherings over 250 people will be canceled statewide effective immediately for four weeks. A gathering is defined as any event in a space in which appropriate social distancing of a minimum of three feet cannot be maintained.
2. Schools: In addition to previous guidance issued on March 8, 2020 to keep schools open, all non-essential school-associated gatherings and group activities should be canceled — such as group parent meetings, field trips, and competitions.
3. Workplace: Recommended implementation of distancing measures including an increased physical space between employees in offices and worksites, limited in-person meetings, limited travel, and staggered work schedules where possible.
4. Long-Term Care and Assisted Living: Strict limitations announced this week by the Oregon Health Authority and Department of Human Services remain in place.”

Kate Brown announces new rules to slow the spread of COVID-19

I can't keep up with these threads but what I'm seeing happening in regards to Coronavirus is very troubling. I stocked my family up with rice and rice products earlier this week after seeing them disappearing from the shelves. My entire household is gluten free due to a severe wheat allergy and the majority of GF products I buy are made with rice flour. I also had trouble finding GF soy sauce this week. I ordered a couple of bags of brown rice flour on Amazon and immediately after I hit the order button and returned to the product listing the price went up $2. I've never seen that happen before... o_O I haven't been able to find hand sanitizer in stores for 2 weeks. I read in this thread a recipe to make it but I can't find the ingredients to make it either. I did get one of the last refill size bottles of liquid anti-bacterial soap off the shelves. I figure as we have soap and water we are good.

I'm currently trying to convince friends and family members that I'm not exaggerating when I say we are going to be stuck at home for a month in the near future due to coronavirus. They think I'm a little too obsessed right now. Can anyone give me a good "nutshell" summary of what I should say to get other people to take this seriously? Pretend your audience has no cable TV, nor broadcast of local TV, mostly ignores news sites online and hates politics so tunes out anytime they hear "Trump announced..." The NBA canceling the rest of the season and 100's of universities closing down also hasn't seemed to sink in yet. Is this the viral version of the black plague or what? I need numbers. Statistics. Facts I can present to make my case that we should self-isolate until around April or May. TIA.

(I probably wont' be able to respond to any replies with the speed this thread is moving).

Hi G,

Quick response on the sanitizer, if I understand correctly, you can use 3 parts of 70% or above rubbing alcohol with one part Aloe Vera gel. Someone please confirm with link, tia.

oh and I read use a spatula and @gitana1 says use a whisk moo

Please verify with link though thanks moooo

—-

ETA: @Gardener1850, this may be a good start / have them listen to this /you can send them the direct audio file via this link / Dr. Nancy has a sense of urgency in her voice imo:

Here’s one of the files, but send them the next one that comes out too, today, tomorrow, the next day...

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.mp3

Transcript / Wednesday, March 10, 2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019

Last edited:
Last nite...DH "you probably won't know anyone that gets it"..Me " I am sure I will know someone who will die from it"...This morning I am seeing more concern from him. People are starting to get the picture..Thank the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem