Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I keep getting the idea that we should be planning for at least 6 weeks, not two

JMO
Yeah, I thought I was done preparing until I realized and accepted that before things get somewhat back to normal, there is a possibility of real "Lockdowns" in certain US cities.

We have seen many examples of people not following self quarantine rules and I am sure our city leaders are noticing they cannot trust the public to follow the rules. Its hard to say whether any cities or states will hamper our ability to move about. Due to that unknown, I think I have to resupply even further than I already have.

ETA-Ive done good by only getting things I will eventually use in the long run.

Th
Agree. If someone in my family were to get sick during all this, I certainly don’t want to be dealing with all of us in my house trying to live without toilet paper. A needless and avoidable tolerance and inconvenience.

Also, women (including teens who often are less well-versed in dealing without toilet paper) have particular monthly challenges that would make it extra difficult. Truly.

I’m not directing this at any of our lovely posters here (ALL of whom I am grateful to for participating in this thread!), but I’m personally really tired of the media and others in my community making fun of people who would like to be comfortable, and have one less thing to worry about, by having toilet paper during this health crisis.

MOO.
the great rush for TP in KY is a result of the woman that fled Hong Kong with her children to avoid novel C. The Cynthiana paper interviewed her & she mentioned it was difficult to buy TP. Now, this is just before the first case in KY, the WMT employee was diagnosed.
Interesting, huh? The HK woman arrived in Cynthiana before US had quarantine in place, so she was able to drive straight to Cynthiana from Cinci airport.

There will still be very few cases (relatively) in the US, but the more proven cases there are, the more it will be shown that the virus isn't terribly deadly. jmo

I wish scientists held your optimism. From what I've been reading that's not the case at all. Look to Italy to see what could happen here in the next few weeks.

Pelosi calls travel ban 'strange,' questions why the U.K. is excluded

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that Vice President Mike Pence and Dr. Anthony Fauci called her the night earlier to brief her on the travel ban that was announced by President Donald Trump in his Oval Office address.

Pelosi said that Fauci said it was a "scientific medical decision."

"It’s just strange because they’re saying it’s easy to travel among these countries but they’re separate from the U.K. Well you can just get on the Chunnel and you’ll be in the U.K.," she said.

Coronavirus updates live: U.S. slaps travel restrictions on most of Europe

He said his doctor told him there was no need for him to be tested.

Well, he didn't say that in particular, he had someone else say that for him.
The president has been exposed to so many people who have been exposed to the virus. If it was me I would be quite nervous. I would think they would test the President of the United States after possible exposure. They may not tell us that but they must be, crazy world.

Indeed. I'm not a dr and I would advise him to get checked out.

On a positive note, I texted daughter and SIL - both working from home for now and TBD in the future. Relieved for that side of the offspring branch.

Last edited:
The incubation period of the novel COvid-19 coronavirus could be as long as 27 days, noted Reuters citing reports from Chinese provincial government.

In Hubei province, hard-hit by the coronavirus epidemic, an infected 70-year-old man did not exhibit Covid-19 symptoms until 27 days later.

On 24 January, the man had close contact with his infected sister, said Hubei government website. He had a fever on 20 February and received test confirmation the next day.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) incubation could be 27 days, shows data

I work for a major public utility company. So many of my co-workers who work in the field (linemen, etc.) will still have to do so for now.

However, I am an office worker so that is what I think we are going to be told at 2pm. All who can work from home, should.

I am single and my children are grown so I’m not crazy about this. I like coming to work.
But you'll have more time for us! :D:D

Harvard Professor:

Fellow biomedical scientists: if you have Viral RNA isolation kits in your lab, due to shortages local or regional hospitals may soon be in dire need for diagnostics.
Consider reaching out to their micro labs and letting them know you have them and are willing to donate/lend.

I say this because I just received a request from a Boston-area hospital. RNA isolation kits are running low, and are becoming the limiting factor in testing.

Michael Baym on Twitter
Why, why WHY?? Why are these kits still running low in the United States???? I just don’t understand.

What a travesty.

MOO.

I believe these are his words.

Trump Says He Has No Virus Symptoms, Doesn’t Need to Be Tested

“There’s no symptoms, no anything,” Trump told reporters on Capitol Hill, where he met with GOP lawmakers.

Trump said the White House doctor told him there wasn’t a reason for the president to be tested.

:(:(uugghhh
Had been expecting this.
(I have one adult child in the military and one in healthcare )

LOWNDES CO., Ga. (WALB) - Moody Air Force Base leadership has been notified by the Georgia Department of Public Health that an employee at the base dining facility has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.

As a result, the DFAC temporarily closed for health and safety precautionary measures and sanitization, with a planned re-opening of the dining facility for breakfast at 6 a.m., March 12.

In response, Moody has declared a public health emergency and changed its Health Protection Condition (HPCON) level to B.

Moody AFB announces Coronavirus case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member