Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, making breakfast (potatoes, again...I guess I’m on a potato diet lol).

Anyway, I just pulled two small spuds out of the pan which I would normally cook and put them back in the fridge to ration...

Start rationing your food folks. Been talking about this for a while now.

Moooo

ETA- again, for me, this is not so much due to potential good shortages, but more so the logistics of having to go shop and out around people

Ya we can stockpile, but can we ration?

As stock prices dive, Trump says "markets are gonna be just fine"

While posing for pictures with Ireland's Prime Minister Leo Varadkar outside the White House on Thursday, President Trump was asked by a CBS News White House correspondent about the dramatic impact the coronavirus pandemic was having on global stock markets.

But the president didn't appear concerned, saying in response to the question: "The markets are gonna be just fine."

Another member of CBS News' White House team asked him why he was so confident, noting that the markets were "tanking," but the president did not respond. He walked inside the White House with Varadkar.

Coronavirus updates: Markets plummet after Trump imposes new travel restrictions

Without saying who you work for, what kind of work do you do?
We are a general contractor, so not sure what we'd do?

I work for a major public utility company. So many of my co-workers who work in the field (linemen, etc.) will still have to do so for now.

However, I am an office worker so that is what I think we are going to be told at 2pm. All who can work from home, should.

I am single and my children are grown so I’m not crazy about this. I like coming to work.

SportsCenter on Twitter

Breaking: Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell @wojespn.

He is the second-known Jazz player to test positive.

ETA: Donovan Mitchell was at Del City High School yesterday for a private workout. #OKPreps
Cameron Jourdan on Twitter

I was just thinking, where does this end?
Take the WMT employee. Thru no fault of her own, how many did she infect that have not been tested yet, but remain in isolation, many with symptoms, but not to the severity they need hospitalization? Then, before her coworkers, family & acquaintances knew WMT employee was positive, how many did they infect? Then, friends & family of coworkers come into the contact string, how many did they infect?
Why why why did WMT remain open, never once locking their doors for a deep clean? How often do we see a WMT employee from the pet dept. at the deli/bakery to get their lunch? After eating in their car or brake area, they return to their department, After potential exposure?

I can’t find any info to clarify if one has immunity after recovering from novel C. I think WHO anticipates this is true. If so, things might get back to normal sooner v later, because the 80% that will not need treatment can get back to life as normal. Imo, some of us can pretty much self diagnose, based on where we live & where we’ve been.
Unfortunately not all governors are releasing info that I feel should be released. Ours refuses to reveal how many are presumed positive & in home quarantine. But, when the town is very small & you have ties to it, word gets
around. I trust my friends on local gov’ & health care, they have no reason to lie. Moo

The number of coronavirus tests being conducted in the United States hasn’t gone up so far this week, instead, it’s gone down, way down. During Donald Trump’s address Wednesday he mentioned testing in just one line of the 10-minute speech saying, “Testing and testing capabilities are expanding rapidly, day by day.” But it turns out, it’s not expanding at all. At least not yet. According to the official CDC website 741 people were tested on Sunday, that number dropped to 396 on Monday and then Tuesday something more bizarre occurred just 8 people were tested. What is baffling is U.S. officials aren’t addressing the lack of testing.

Despite Promises, Coronavirus Testing Is Dropping In U.S. - News & Guts Media

NEW: European CDC releases new risk assessment on coronavirus pandemic, predicts rapid increase in cases and calls for measures BNO Newsroom on Twitter

European CDC says containing coronavirus is no longer feasible, recommends suspension of mass gatherings, social distancing measures at workplaces, and measures in and closure of schools.
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_112955.png
    IMG_20200312_112955.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200312_113005.png
    IMG_20200312_113005.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 5
This is why he shut down the NBA....sounds like he broke quarantine....

Many people who have been in contact w/ someone who tested positive have been told to isolate themselves for 14 days. Gobert played in 7 games in the last 14 days against Toronto (3/9), Detroit (3/7), Boston (3/6), Knicks (3/4), Cleveland (3/2), Washington (2/28) & Boston (2/26).
Tisha Thompson on Twitter

Wait, Can we get clarification on this? I’m not sure he broke isolation?

Wow, making breakfast (potatoes, again...I guess I’m on a potato diet lol).

Anyway, I just pulled two small spuds out of the pan which I would normally cook and put them back in the fridge to ration...

Start rationing your food folks. Been talking about this for a while now.

Moooo

ETA- again, for me, this is not so much due to potential food shortages, but more so the logistics of having to go shop and be out around people

Yes. I keep getting the idea that we should be planning for at least 6 weeks, not two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem