DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fl. Gov. Press Conference 3/12/20 now on-
not much new- Fl. has 34 cases in 14 counties
- will increase testing
- state purchased 2500 test kits coming this weekend. will give out to hospitals.
- problem is kits are not complete and there is a
shortage of swabs and chemicals to get results
- still searching for those swabs/chemicals
-nationwide shortage of swabs and chemicals
to do tests with
- asking municipalities to postpone mass gatherings
-says he doesn't have authority to close mass
gatherings
----------------
moo- So 108,000 travelers coming into
Orlando to Disney, Sea World and Universal
can either be good citizens and close down
or give the finger to Fl. citizens and stay open.

Lets see if Disney does the RIGHT thing and refunds all these kids for prepaid, spring break trips. If they are not going to close the gates, that's the very least they could do. These kids paid over $1,000 to play in a Disney parade or perform, including tickets to Disney, hotels, buses, and food. They work, fun raise and parents do without to send the kids. So far, no refunds for the schools that have cancelled.

It use to be my favorite magicial place.....

Moo

National Guard arrives in county bordering New York City

A robocall has informed residents of New Rochelle that the National Guard has arrived in Westchester County, which borders New York City. They are there to help deliver meals, distribute supplies and clean public facilities in New Rochelle, a suburb in the county that has been hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak.

"The Guard will not be engaged in any military or policing activities, and is operating purely as logistical support," Mayor Noam Bramson said on the robocall, according to New Rochelle's website.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced earlier this week that a containment area centered in New Rochelle and with a 1-mile radius would be imposed. It is going into effect today, CBS New York reports.

"Within this area, large gatherings at large institutions are prohibited," the robocall said. "But, contrary to false rumors, there is no change in daily life. Except for individuals subject to quarantine, residents are free to come and go, and businesses are open."

Coronavirus updates: Markets plummet after Trump imposes new travel restrictions

Just like @gitana1 has been nervous about potential poop fumes at the park restroom, I’ve been worried about my Uber rides, considering Denver community spread. So many of their trips are airport related, we’ve had an infected DIA worker, etc. etc...

Again you do the best you can.

Omg I just remembered something I thought was cool...who was the teacher stuck in Wuhan that @dixiegirl1035 I think it was had a crush on?

Anyway, when he was asked on a live YT stream during Wuhan lockdown if he was scared/nervous (paraphrasing), he said no because there’s no use in worrying, because then if you DO end up getting CV it’s like you’ve worried twice.

(reference re: Colorado spread:
)

I’m scared about court next week but my law partner’s wife who is a flight attendant give me eight surgical masks. That’s all I have. But I will use them for court. They may not do anything but I’m hedging my bets.

KY will have nat guard transport the 16 Kentuckians to their homes, these are people from the Princess Cruise. They all tested negative, but must go into isolation for 14 days.
Gov’ will not confirm Humana employee in Louisville is positive until our state lab confirms the test. WTH?
Governor Andy Beshear

Last edited:
Same here. My PTSD from 9/11 is on high today.

And it elevated once I heard that the Washington DC government has shut down. Reminds me of 9/11 when they insisted we all go back to work the next day, and we did, then Anthrax all over the country and AGAIN they just shut down Washington. I'm not going to fall again and be this country's guinea pig.

Shut down the damn entire country then!

I had to take half of an anti-anxiety pill this morning.

‘Unprecedented’: Ohio makes sweeping changes to slow coronavirus spread

“Community spread is a game changer,” Acton said.

She noted that up to 40% of Ohioans may end up getting infected. The fatality rate with coronavirus disease increases with age and can be as high as 15% for people in their 80s, Acton said.

With that in mind, Acton will issue an order restricting visitors to nursing homes and assisted living centers to one per day per resident. Visitors and vendors will be screened and logged when they enter those centers.

Side Note: He dislikes Gov. Cuomo of New York (Cuomo said so in a recent video on CNN). That was a low blow at Cuomo who is doing a good job trying to contain the virus without the help of Trump. This type of banter is what will bring the US down, he cannot work well with others in a time of crisis and we desperately need to help each other out! MOO

Wish we had a Gov. Cuomo here in South Carolina! Is it too late to add him to the presidential ballot in November? ;)

It makes total sense. But it doesn't factor in family size. Good thing I didn't listen to naysayers. I needed to stock up for my family of 9 and not just a couple of people.
I have a large family as well- logistically it’s been very hard to get my “P” stash, and I’m so grateful I started before the rationing is beginning. I’ve stocked up in pieces over several weeks’ time.

I look at the little corner now that I’ve carved out in the garage and it still seems so piddly.

Lets see if Disney does the RIGHT thing and refunds all these kids for prepaid, spring break trips. If they are not going to close the gates, that's the very least they could do. These kids paid over $1,000 to play in a Disney parade or perform, including tickets to Disney, hotels, buses, and food. They work, fun raise and parents do without to send the kids. So far, no refunds for the schools that have cancelled.

It use to be my favorite magicial place.....

Moo
Senior trips from high schools as well. My high school (where I just today stopped subbing for TBD amount of time) has a trip in April. It's that time of year, but IMO Disney needs to step up. Universal too.

Hi G,

Quick response on the sanitizer, if I understand correctly, you can use 3 parts of 70% or above rubbing alcohol with one part Aloe Vera gel. Someone please confirm with link please, tia.

oh and I read use a spatula and @gitana1 says use a whisk moo

Please verify with link though thanks moooo

—-

ETA: @Gardener1850, have them listen to this:

Grabbing link / send them the direct audio files

Thanks M. There's no Aloe Vera gel within a 50 mile radius of me (I went to multiple stores this week and checked other stores that have online shopping options). Others near me confirmed they couldn't find any. Is it worth it to try to order it online? Will soap and water be enough? I did manage to get a bottle of witch hazel and we have rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide for small cuts and things. I also couldn't find any gluten free vodka of all things (but I'm a teetotaler and I rarely buy it unless I'm making vanilla bean extract. I might have been looking in the wrong place in the store and I didn't stop to ask anyone). People bought up all the wipes but I just bought an extra bottle of bleach instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove