Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately we all know someone that insists on being out and about when they are sick. Almost every time I’m at a grocery I hear a couple women in convo discussing how sick they are. Of course everyone in line at the WMT pharmacy are sick and most just left the UTC/doctor. Truth be known, a lot of the population show no regard for anyone other than their own.

I blame this on our culture, especially work culture. Sure, many of us get sick days, but bosses are notorious for making employees feel guilty or even as if their job is at risk for using them. I feel like we are conditioned to keep trucking when we are sick.

Trump suspends travel between US and Europe for 30 days
2 mins ago

“Trump says “we are marshalling the full power” of the government and private sector to protect the American people.”

—-

Trump suspends travel from Europe for 30 days as part of response to 'foreign' coronavirus
UPDATED MOMENTS AGO

“Trump also announced that he would ask Congress for legislative action to provide payroll tax relief, as well as other measures for several groups impacted by the virus.

In addition to legislation, Trump said he would instruct the Small Business Administration to “provide capital and liquidity” to small businesses.”

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus in Australia

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have coronavirus. He wrote in a post on Instagram:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.”

Coronavirus live updates: US suspends all travel from Europe for 30 days, excluding UK

In a separate statement from Warners they say that they became “aware that a company member” from the film “tested positive for COVID-19” and are “working closely with Australian health agencies to identify and contact anyone who may have come in direct contact with the individual.”

Deadline received a statement directly from Hanks:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

The coronavirus can live on some surfaces for as long as two to three days, tests have shown.

In findings that have not been reviewed yet by other scientists, research showed the virus could also live in the air for several hours, AP reported.

However, researchers stress the results don’t prove that anyone has been infected by breathing the virus from the air or touching contaminated surfaces.

The tests by US Government and other scientists were posted Wednesday on a site where researchers can quickly share their work before publication.

“We’re not by any way saying there is aerosolised transmission of the virus,” National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases study leader Neeltje van Doremalen told AP.

But she said the work showed the virus was able to stay viable for long periods in those conditions, so it was theoretically possible.

The tests found the virus could be detected up to three hours later in the air, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.
New research suggests virus can live on surfaces for days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member