Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some might lose their jobs if they aren’t allowed to miss work.

Thankfully the Colorado Governor posted something about this — I brought over the new specific statutes, linked upstream yesterday. Perhaps some other states also have their own individual policies, etc., should people run into such problems.

I tried to buy 91% isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel everywhere in Gainesville, Florida. I know it only has to be 60% or greater but I just want room for error. Walmart sells it for $2.40 or something like that, except they're out of stock. Online stores were also out of stock. None of either ingredient to be found. But Ebay had that $2.40 bottle of isopropyl alcohol for $60. Yikes! It's maddening.

I thought it was 70% minimum?

I'm confused. They did shut Disneyland down in Cali but I think Disneyworld in Florida remains open. I hope they do shut it down though for everyone's protection.
Disney, other Florida theme parks remain open despite spread of coronavirus

(Flashback of “Jaws” when they kept the beaches open)

Last edited:
My son, who has asthma, just went to Walmart to grab some groceries. The cashier opened her had TWICE and coughed into it and just kept scanning his items. o_O This is in Washington State - close to Portland, Oregon. Uggggghhhh

This is the problem. Not even trying to stop the spread. And we wonder why this is happening?

Is there a poll yet on how many of us are wearing masks and/or gloves if we have to go out in public? I'm just curious. When I stocked up on rice on Monday/Tuesday and searched fruitlessly for hand sanitizer/aloe gel I only saw a handful of people with masks on. The situation might look different on Friday, but I'm not going to venture to the store to find out.

So let me get this straight: Dude wakes up in AU with symptoms and not only gets tested but gets results back, THE SAME DAY. While here in the states we only tested 77 people this week?

What’s wrong with this picture. This is shameful.
Agreed... but also here in the US, at last nights Nba game that was cancelled between OKC Thunder and Utah Jazz they were expecting to get test results on Utah players in 4 hours! How?

You're correct about using it in a transaction, but ATM machines have backup when power goes out. Plus, I suppose I've never been in a situation where everywhere around me lost power. Usually driving some distance will alleviate that problem. Good to have cash on hand, though, I agree.

ATMs need to connect to a network, so it’s very likely an atm won’t work without power. The backup battery is mainly helpful in the event someone is in the middle of a transaction as the power goes out. Unfortunately, I had to deal with almost all of Hoboken not having power after sandy, and it was a nightmare. cash on hand at all times is important imo.

And stop using your debit cards!! Lol Credit cards offer so much more protection.

Ugh is right. Hope he will be okay!
Thank you :) He is going to be a daddy in a few weeks for the first time so he has to be okay :)

This is the problem. Not even trying to stop the spread. And we wonder why this is happening?

Right? It's all over the news, as well as common sense, don't cough or sneeze in to your hand for Pete's sake. duh. And wash your dang hands - use hand sanitizer, something! But don't open your damn hand, cough into it and scan your customer's oranges, milk, etc. Even without this virus spreading.

Is there a poll yet on how many of us are wearing masks and/or gloves if we have to go out in public? I'm just curious. When I stocked up on rice on Monday/Tuesday and searched fruitlessly for hand sanitizer/aloe gel I only saw a handful of people with masks on. The situation might look different on Friday, but I'm not going to venture to the store to find out.

When DH shopped last Sunday for groceries, nobody had a mask on.

We took our cat to the vet two days ago, and I saw only one person with a mask.

While we were waiting, I kept using the hand sanitizer. Nobody was coughing or sneezing.

Thank you :) He is going to be a daddy in a few weeks for the first time so he has to be okay :)

Right? It's all over the news, as well as common sense, don't cough or sneeze in to your hand for Pete's sake. duh. And wash your dang hands - use hand sanitizer, something! But don't open your damn hand, cough into it and scan your customer's oranges, milk, etc. Even without this virus spreading.

Congratulations! To All of You!

The hubs and I just made a trip to store while they are stocking shelves as everything is barren where I live. Fortunately I have hand sanitizer. But a good source to buy in bulk is a place I use for raw ingredients to make balms and such is bulk apothecary. They have gallon jugs available of hand sanitizer. Unscented Hand Sanitizer Gel and Spray

May I please make a request that everyone please be extra cognizant and meticulous about posting reference links to accompany content going forward. I’m seeing A LOT of posts without links and moos. It is really really important to keep everything clean here, especially as things may continue to become more hectic. Thanks in advance. I’m not a moderator nor do I pretend to be, but I have been known to become the link police if I have to. :) Waves and hugs everyone

Directed at no one in particular, but why is there a discussion about the power going out due to Coronavirus? Is this speculation or is there a basis (link) for the discussion? I can't keep up with this thread. OMG. :eek:

Awww, thank you :) First grandbaby, so we are over the moon about it! It's just so hard to focus on it with this virus spreading and DOW plunging.

Wonderful! Prayers for a safe and healthy birth.

There is joy in the midst of all of this.

Yes, it is difficult to focus with all of the news swirling and the DOW dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member