Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not to be alarmist but if Kevin Bacon tests positive we’re all screwed". #COVD19
Danny Zuker on Twitter

Excellent. :)

Our school finally canceled all the international student trips and a bunch of other things although campuses are still open for now. I suspect they won’t be for long. It’s been a very stressful week at work and my chest has been hurting for two days. It’s a symptom of my anxiety disorder. I’m hitting the grocery store by my home this morning at 6 am when they open to hopefully avoid crowds. I have a plan...grab as many boxes of mrs grass chicken soup as they have, noodles, Sprite Zero, coffee and water. I’m pretty well stocked up otherwise but when I get anxious I eat soup for some reason.

Stay safe everyone!

(Same here. Chest pain due to anxiety. Good luck at the store. :) )

Do you think? The incubation period is two weeks so if we can shut stuff down for a month it can be contained, no? Because it won’t have anywhere to go.

It looks like it’s receding in China. I think if we all do our best now we can contain this, hopefully. We still have a chance.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."
gitana1

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

He issued a statement a moment ago to say that he tested positive for COVID-19 today this afternoon.

"This morning I woke up with a temperature and sore throat," Mr Dutton said in a statement.

Coronavirus spread sparks public gathering, overseas travel advice

It has also been reported here, in Australia, only persons with close contact with him, within 24 hours, need to self isolate.

ATMs need to connect to a network, so it’s very likely an atm won’t work without power. The backup battery is mainly helpful in the event someone is in the middle of a transaction as the power goes out. Unfortunately, I had to deal with almost all of Hoboken not having power after sandy, and it was a nightmare. cash on hand at all times is important imo.

And stop using your debit cards!! Lol Credit cards offer so much more protection.
To have cash on hand is not important here in Sweden, as more and more businesses goes "no-cash payment" here. It's either cards or Swish, a mobile payment service, that's used. During the last two or so, I have hardly ever cash around, it's only when I go to a shop I know that's "cash only", usually small businesses on the countryside where the mobile covering is bad, or when I visit Denmark, as cash is more used than here.

It's one of those nights....

"The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out."
Liam Hackett on Twitter

PRAISE THE LORD that this has now been scientifically proven, of course I’m sad for the original dogs who had to quarantined and tested on :( but this is such positive news!!!!

If this would have gone the other way...omg...

Guys, I think this might be the best news ever and something to be very, very grateful about. This will now directly affect the course of what could have been an alternate reality that would have been unspeakable which is something that has been weighing heavily on my mind...this is a game changer thank GOD.

There are so many reasons why this official declaration is important...we know Dr. Maria said they were closely studying this...

Huge gift from the universe moo.

Such excellent news.

ETA:
Can we please make sure this is blasted all over Hong Kong...

Last edited:
Excellent. :)

(Same here. Chest pain due to anxiety. Good luck at the store. :) )

Look after yourself @margarita25 . I have had the same problem with pains in my chest due to stress. Please take a break when you need to from the coronavirus news as it can be overwhelming. I’m just trying to take each day at a time and hope for the best. Please know we are all here for you if you ever need to talk about how you are feeling.

To have cash on hand is not important here in Sweden, as more and more businesses goes "no-cash payment" here. It's either cards or Swish, a mobile payment service, that's used. During the last two or so, I have hardly ever cash around, it's only when I go to a shop I know that's "cash only", usually small businesses on the countryside where the mobile covering is bad, or when I visit Denmark, as cash is more used than here.

that’s really interesting. I won’t go off topic so I’ll ask google the questions I have lol

PRAISE THE LORD that this has now been scientifically proven, of course I’m sad for the original dogs who had to quarantined and tested on :( but this is such positive news!!!!

If this would have gone the other way...omg...

Guys, I think this might be the best news ever and something to be very, very grateful about. This will now directly affect the course of what could have been an alternate reality that would have been unspeakable which is something that has been weighing heavily on my mind...this is a game changer thank GOD.

There are so many reasons why this official declaration is important (we know Dr. Maria said they were closely studying this...

Huge gift from the universe moo.

Such excellent news.

Great news.
So I can continue hugging my dog, knowing close contact is fine, unlike with humans.

Sweden is beginning to test only those who are hospitalised, or who belongs to a known risk group, for the virus. The Public Health Agency of Sweden considers that the risk for the virus being spread among the public is very high, so they are changing strategy. The exact number of individual cases isn't longer important, the importance is now where there are most number of cases, and how the health care is able to handle the situation. Nya strategin - slutar räkna exakta antalet coronafall

Great news.
So I can continue hugging my dog, knowing close contact is fine, unlike with humans.

And dogs with infected owners won’t have to get put down now and can be fostered, cared for without fears that they carry the virus.

Best news ever. I feel like a lot of weight has been lifted. Thank you GOD.

Last edited:
I’m in the UK. I’ve been taking sensible precautions - you know, ‘wash hands frequently, don’t cough on people like a savage, don’t touch your face’. And that was it. Felt terrible for people in Italy and anyone suffering, but I cannot say I was worried more than that.
However, over the past few days, my unease started growing. First, arriving at London City Airport for a flight to Scotland - where were the people, where were the usual queues? Return flight, Glasgow Airport was deserted. Lots of people wearing face masks.
Yesterday, I popped down to the local supermarket. Empty shelves - no pasta, no loo roll, no hand sanitiser, no hand wash.
A similar story at another supermarket.
Then yesterday afternoon, I watched as the PM and Medical Advisers outlined just how bad things are going to get. And now I am - not scared, exactly, but very apprehensive. More worried for my elderly Dad than anything - he is fiercely independent and loves to travel, but right now we are questioning the wisdom of him even getting on a train to London to visit me.
Ugh. I’m not even sure of the point of this post. I just needed to brain dump.
Take good care of yourselves, WebSleuthers - I have a feeling the road will be a rocky one.

Thank goodness we can get over that discussion! Can you imagine the hysteria here ala China and their pets?

Soooooo grateful. (See above post on this)

"De Blasio urged gvmt to approve automated testing. “I think this is bluntly the last chance. If the president of the United States and FDA won’t give approval, I frankly don’t blame any” municipality for taking matters into their own hands, de Blasio said. NYC declares state of emergency, de Blasio says coronavirus 'could easily be a 6-month crisis'"

Florian Krammer on Twitter

I want to note for the record that Dr. Nancy used the word “year” and I’m not even going to attempt to paraphrase but it caught my attention and believe it is worthy of quote. I meant to look for it in the transcripts. Making a note.

Yes he was

How was shopping? Did you get trail mix? :D

U.K Coronavirus news

In news that will be worrying for those of us who travel on the Tube to work every morning, a London Underground driver has tested positive for coronavirus,
sources told PA

Bulgaria Coronavirus News

Bulgaria has become the latest European country to declare a state of emergency in response to the coronavirus crisis, Reuters reports.

The country’s parliament voted unanimously on to declare the state of emergency until 13 April after the number of confirmed cases in the country rose to 23.

Coronavirus news: Justin Trudeau's wife tests positive, Australia limits gatherings, sport in crisis - live updates

My son, who has asthma, just went to Walmart to grab some groceries. The cashier opened her had TWICE and coughed into it and just kept scanning his items. o_O This is in Washington State - close to Portland, Oregon. Uggggghhhh
I would put ALL of the groceries in a very dry tub and spray it all down with Lysol.....let dry....breathe easier.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

He issued a statement a moment ago to say that he tested positive for COVID-19 today this afternoon.

"This morning I woke up with a temperature and sore throat," Mr Dutton said in a statement.

Coronavirus spread sparks public gathering, overseas travel advice

"In advice provided to the Prime Minister this evening, the deputy chief medical officer has reiterated that only people who had close contact with the Minister in the preceding 24 hours before he became symptomatic need to self-isolate," a spokesperson for Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton diagnosed with coronavirus - ABC News

Where is this magical 24 hours coming from?

And dogs with infected owners won’t have to get put down now and can be fostered, cared for without fears that they carry the virus.

Best news ever. I feel like a lot of weight has been lifted. Thank you GOD.
There is a feline corona virus, FCoV, among cats, and it's common indoor cats in households where there are several cats (for example cat breeders), and cats can be reinfected several times. The virus can't be passed on to humans, or other animals. Usually the FCoV only causes mild infections in cats, but there are unfortunately a risk for it to cause Feline Infectious Peritonitis, FIP, in a few cats/kittens, and it's almost always fatal. Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) | International Cat Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773