Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the CNN Town Hall, Dr Fauci says we don’t need to worry about being infected by our mail.

Emily Mitchell, from Salt Lake City, is one of many Americans wondering whether the coronavirus can be transmitted through things like mail or money.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, assuaged Mitchell's concern tonight during CNN's coronavirus town hall by saying if the disease were to transfer onto something like mail, it would likely be a low concentration.

"Even if it is on there, would it be high enough of a concentration to actually be transmitted? Although it is important, I don't want to downplay the recommendations of wiping down the kinds of things you can easily wipe down. Doorknobs, screens, things like that. I think if you start thinking about money and mail and things like that, you can almost sort of immobilize yourself, which I don't think is a good idea," Fauci said.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases top 125,000 globally - CNN

This reminds me of the concept of “viral load”, as mentioned re: Dr. LW discussions.

Any news on CQ or FB??
( @Tadpole12 / @JerseyGirl )

FDA grants emergency approval for faster coronavirus test

FDA grants emergency approval for faster coronavirus test

The FDA granted an “emergency use authorization” to the test, which functions on Roche’s cobas 6800/8800 systems, Bloomberg News reported. The 8800 system can test up to 4,128 patients a day. The 6800 system can test as many as 1,440 a day, the Switzerland-based company confirmed.

The two systems are able to provide test results within four hours. The company said it is “going to the limits of its production capacity,” Bloomberg News reported.

This reminds me of the concept of “viral load”, as mentioned re: Dr. LW discussions.

Any news on CQ or FB??
( @Tadpole12 / @JerseyGirl )

No :( and a call to police said they had no information on him. Chen is now on One Free Press Coalition’s March 2020 list of the 10 most urgent cases of injustice against journalists.

Chinese video journalist who disappeared after covering Wuhan outbreak tops One Free Press Coalition list

Coronavirus Outbreak Has Given Beijing A New Tool To Suppress Dissent

English Premier League season suspended, amid growing list of worldwide closures and sporting postponements
Coronavirus: Premier League and EFL suspended until 3 April at earliest
And this news comes just 1 day after the Prime Minister addressed the nation telling the people the polar opposite. Nothing needs cancelling, football fixtures will go ahead, some with fans some without fans, WTF! schools to remain open etc, live as yous normally do. Just remember to Wash your hands!!! Absolutely shambolic. X

I went by my local Kroger supermarket at 2 AM this morning to avoid the crowds. There were no crowds and less than a dozen shoppers. There were a lot of store employees busy trying to restock the shelfs.

There were no masks or hand sanitizer, but still lots of liquid hand soap. There was not one roll of toilet paper and just a few rolls of paper towels. Probably a third of the canned food had been sold. They were almost out of pasta and completely out of ramen noodles.

Oddly enough the cold and flu remedies were almost untouched. There was plenty of fresh bread. Milk was low and I bought the last gallon of Kroger brand chocolate milk. It's very good by the way.

Our Daughter sent us a pic from our local Super Store. Not one package of TP on the shelf

The same here. My son still has his cough and he asked me to stop and get him some cough drops. Of course, while there, I made use of the trip and picked up some extra things. But TP was not one of them.

Good news is we have a bidet. :p

No :( and a call to police said they had no information on him. Chen is now on One Free Press Coalition’s March 2020 list of the 10 most urgent cases of injustice against journalists.

Chinese video journalist who disappeared after covering Wuhan outbreak tops One Free Press Coalition list

Coronavirus Outbreak Has Given Beijing A New Tool To Suppress Dissent

Thank you, marking.

—-

Bringing forward this very important article posted by @gregjrichards in the last thread:

“First coronavirus case confirmed in east Africa

All major public events have been banned in Kenya after it confirmed the first case of coronavirus in east Africa.

The patient is a woman who had returned to the country from the United States via the UK.

Health Minister Mutahi Kagwe told reporters on Friday morning

I want to inform you that the Ministry of Health has confirmed the first coronavirus case in Kenya.

The case is a Kenyan citizen who travelled back to Nairobi, returning from the United States of America via London, United Kingdom, on March 5, 2020.”

Coronavirus live updates: Justin Trudeau's wife tests positive, Australia limits gatherings, sport in crisis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members