Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

No, if the British Royal Family was going to send important people away for quarantine, they would have send Prince William, Duchess Catherine, and their 2 children.

That is the Royal line of succession.

<modsnip: off topic>
Coronavirus will not penetrate the Royal bubble. Just like other serious illness's never have ie. cancer for 1. They live for 100 years and more. If only eh!! X

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Why would the President need to get tested. He spoke in the past he has been advised of no need as he is not symptomatic. If he has been exposed then he needs to isolate. Follow all that the public is advised to. Did I miss something?

I’m glad you’re well!
The only hysteria I see is regarding the test, I think a lot of people want the test but have no reason to be tested. One trip to a store does not mean someone needs to be tested, but it appears a lot of people think they should get a test on a whim. If they test negative and go for dinner tomorrow, will they expect another test? Since there is no treatment, I’m not sure what most expect from a test. And the TP hysteria....., a completely different issue.
Do you believe all opinion to be inaccurate? I believe the opinion of WHO.
I agree, that is the part of the hysteria, tp! The buying up or hoarding of tp simply boggles the mind, but the social media and the opinions have said that is the important thing to buy in mass quanities. That's the hoax, the misinformation of needing tp.

To answer your question, no, all opinion is not inaccurate and I believe the opinion of WHO. I just don't believe the ones (who have always been the opposite of our president) as telling the facts without slanting it to their side. The sides are right and left, and I see many of the posts on this forum as slanting to the left, and taking potshots at the right. Thank you for being rational. Just MOO.

I'm not a dude, thank you! I've tried to explain the hoax behind the opinions, not the virus. If you didn't understand, than I can't explain it any better. MOO

Yes, and I've tried to explain that the advice from the CDC means life as we know it has to change in ways that are damaging our economy, will leave people out of work, losing businesses, out of food, homeless, etc. Because you can't practice social distancing at a movie theater, restaurant, wedding, airplane, shops, markets, libraries, any busy office, elevators, malls, subways, trains, buses, the line at the post office, in the doctor's office, the DMV, schools, colleges, etc., etc.

The "opinions" are straight from the CDC. And unless people follow those guidelines, this will become like Italy, with health care workers falling ill and dying, and anyone with a preexisting condition or over 60 who contracts this and needs care, left to die because there aren't enough workers or equipment.

It IS doom and gloom because the virulence of the disease means severe, drastic measures absolutely have to be employed to halt the spread and avoid the total collapse of our health care system and our nation. But those severe, drastic measures are already having and will have a horrible effect on the global economy as so many industries and business owners are affected.

I also felt that this wasn't going to be worse than the flu, when it was mostly in China. I stated as much. I was wrong. I then thought a shut down of everything was possibly unnecessary. Then I saw Italy.

This is a terrible time for the world and unfortunately I believe that opinions like yours may have made it too late in this country to get a handle on things.

I hope not.

OMG Corona?snow?, snow virus?. Thanks to the social media and the CNN's of the world, mass hysteria has now descended on my peaceful part of the world. We are expecting a small snow (2-4") and as I stood in line for my pint of milk, fresh strawberries, watermelon, jerky and beer to watch sports at home this weekend, I was surrounded by people with 2-3 carts full of ? The lady behind me and I started to talk, she had 2 36 rolls of tp, so I asked, large family? Oh no, just my husband and I but we've been told on social media and CNN to stock up on tp, because we may not be able to get out for months! So congratulations to all the fear mongers, guess the media is successful in creating the largest hoax of mass hysteria ever. Just MOO
It's not mass hysteria, it's communities working together to try to depress the spread curve and protect the most vulnerable so that our health care system can handle it.

Reminds me of the Cuban Missile Crisis and being in one of the "target" cities.

JMO

Why would the President need to get tested. He spoke in the past he has been advised of no need as he is not symptomatic. If he has been exposed then he needs to isolate. Follow all that the public is advised to. Did I miss something?

Trump allegedly stood beside someone - photo op - who has since tested positive for the virus. He said that he doesn't know who the individual is because he has not seen the photo. He takes hundreds of photos at public events. He is having no symptoms, and WH physicians have told him that he doesn't require testing.

Nextstrain

Three new genomes from Germany shared by the Center of Medical Microbiology, Virology, and Hospital Hygiene, University of Duesseldorf. Germany currently shows a mix of separate introductions alongside a community cluster in North Rhine Westphalia. auspice 3/4 Nextstrain on Twitter

Nextstrain on Twitter

10 new Coronavirus genomes from Western Germany shared by us, bringing the total up to 15. Improved resolution of the Heinsberg outbreak; not clustering with other German samples, suggesting separate introduction event. Nextstrain on Twitter
Alexander Dilthey on Twitter

English interpretation...THIS IS VERY BAD....

What is worrying with this genome analysis tree of German #COVID19 cases? They are from 4 different virus branches ➡️ this means there are multiple different points of introduction of cases which seeded German epidemic. This epidemic is simply unchecked in spread. Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Last edited:
To blunt the curve we need to know where the outbreaks occurred. Therefore each state needs to “give it up”, like Michigan did earlier. Post the info. Our KY gov tells us several of the cases are linked but refuses to publicly explain how they are linked. Fortunately everyone that needs to know knows, only because the town is very small.
It is imperative public venues that were/are potential hotspots be listed, imo.
We had hepatitis going around in our restaurants for two years, no one hesitated to name those establishments!

I love this thread.... Lots of world info, local info, and the many different ways people/and posters are coping or not coping with this crisis is interesting.... Yall all take care of yourselves and your loved ones..."Hang tough and rattle" and "Laugh at the devil."....Most of us are gonna make it through this, I betcha......moo

He was exposed so long ago isolation is probably a moot point now. Where’s Melania? I haven’t seen her much recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member