Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know!!! What, dried parsley instead of fresh in my pasta??
Normally I would head to the local family market and pick it up. The new normal. And I am worried for my little family market btw. While stocking up I was sure to give them a big share of my stock up budget.
On a related note, I needed wine. Well, more wine. I passed my mob-scene grocery stores and Costco today and went instead to the local gas station. Ok it was not fine wine but wine nonetheless. I was the only one in there.

Yes-- the places you wouldn't normally consider places for "stocking up" have been my recent go-tos. I bought six travel-size bottles of hand sanitizer today, at a local gift shop. They were branded with the name of the tourist attraction. So, think "small time" if you're looking for those hard-to-find items. IMO

I'd rather not catch it at all. I get what u are saying Bampot. I emailed our H&S person to advise I would not be attending my CPR/First Aid re-cert in 2 weeks. Emailed also that I would not be attending Mentoring Luncheon. I meant to call the Courthouse then realized they are busy on Fridays. They just called me. No Jury Duty March 25th.

To be fair, I believe isolation is suggested after exposure IF one has symptoms. If exposed (prob all of us) but feeling well, it is not necessary to isolate.
It is helpful if we avoid the public. We lessen our chance of getting it & if we are asymptomatic we can transmit it.
Self isolation is an option for all of us, but not an order. Actually, it seems like we are encouraged to not self isolate.
Our blood bank is asking people to come in & donate, restaurants are open & advertising nightly specials, etc.
The only way to keep people home is to shut establishments down. If places are open, people will come. Moo
Moo
Can it Someone is not symptomatic spread the virus? I really don’t know and I probably should.

Are his press conferences normally late like this?
OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.
Thank you, Tricia. Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

I cannot believe there are this many threads. Wash your hands frequently. Don't touch your face. Use hand sanitizer between handwashing. Do not touch most contaminated surfaces directly (any part of public bathrooms, light switches, doorknobs, toilet handles, toilet seats) Lysol (or alcohol) everything daily. Going to the store to stock up is how you're going to get this - close contact with people, the cart, the basket handle, the counter where you put your purchases. Order your items from online, put the box away, wash your hands then open the box 24 hours after delivery. (that last bit is a little overboard, imo)

and FYI , I have and am closely related to several people with breathing issues +/or compromised immune systems. It's not that I don't care. If the H1N1 didn't kill you, this won't either. MOO

Thank you. IMO, the hysteria is going to hurt more people than CV

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.
Thank you.

A lot of work has gone into all of these threads by many folks. And many folks have been helped a lot by becoming informed. I am one that has read from the beginning and I'm so thankful that I did. By now, I need these threads for my mental health. I never have been so worried about other stuff like the swine flu, Y2K etc. But this is different. My husband is in the high risk category, so, I include myself in that same category because I would just die if I got him sick.

It's likely to get worse before it gets better but it will get better and knowledge is power.

I wish we could ban idiocy on this thread or something. There is a difference between a "difference of opinion" and then disrupting a discussion thread with non stop nonsense that no credible scientific or government agency could possibly agree with.

Last edited:

Thank you.
Tricia.

Thank you for saving my sanity, Tricia!! :confused::eek: Hugs from an appropriate social distance. :D

I know!!! What, dried parsley instead of fresh in my pasta??
Normally I would head to the local family market and pick it up. The new normal. And I am worried for my little family market btw. While stocking up I was sure to give them a big share of my stock up budget.
On a related note, I needed wine. Well, more wine. I passed my mob-scene grocery stores and Costco today and went instead to the local gas station. Ok it was not fine wine but wine nonetheless. I was the only one in there.
Fine wine is what we taste as something we like! I'm only 4 miles from one local winery, so I will support them also. Cheers to red or white? MOO

Thank you.
Tricia.

Wow. Thank you! I didn't see this before posting what I just did. But thank you, Tricia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member