Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got news my granddaughter, 9 yrs old, is negative for Coronavirus but positive for Influenza B. She has an extreme case, very ill. She is highly contagious. So far other family members are okay but may show signs earlier next week. Doctors were really sure it was Coronavirus and surprised them with the test results.

So everyone besides Coronavirus these is Influenza B and A That also are just as serious for people.

If you are in an area where COVID-19 is, I would speak to infection control doc and remind them that there have been dual infections of flu/COVID. I would think that most health depts. would stop at getting flu diagnosis. But David Abel had both, as did some others in China. Just saying in case you live in a place that is known to have COVID-19 already to test also for such, as MOST health departments will not test for both if flu is positive MOO

Sending positive thoughts of healing for your granddaughter and good health for you all

Why would the President need to get tested. He spoke in the past he has been advised of no need as he is not symptomatic. If he has been exposed then he needs to isolate. Follow all that the public is advised to. Did I miss something?
I personally think that he is the POTUS and extra security measures should be taken. I kind of suspect they are and just not telling us because they don’t want to frighten people.
Also, I believe several people who have been exposed to the some of the same people he was exposed to have self isolated under doctors orders. Somebody please tell me if I’m mistaken about this?
Eta: is that political? I don’t really mean in a political way I just mean the president should be protected. So nervous about being political.

2nd eta: look what happened in Iran. Several political leaders tested positive.

Last edited:
I cannot believe there are this many threads. Wash your hands frequently. Don't touch your face. Use hand sanitizer between handwashing. Do not touch most contaminated surfaces directly (any part of public bathrooms, light switches, doorknobs, toilet handles, toilet seats) Lysol (or alcohol) everything daily. Going to the store to stock up is how you're going to get this - close contact with people, the cart, the basket handle, the counter where you put your purchases. Order your items from online, put the box away, wash your hands then open the box 24 hours after delivery. (that last bit is a little overboard, imo)

and FYI , I have and am closely related to several people with breathing issues +/or compromised immune systems. It's not that I don't care. If the H1N1 didn't kill you, this won't either. MOO

You can't fix stupid....there....that's true...and what I did today probably classifies me in that category...I dared to venture out to the local grocery store (not Walmart) ....because I had a few more items to complete my stock ups and did not want to go anywhere this weekend...having said that ...

I did pretty well as far as I draped a few of those cart wipes over the handle of my cart, I brought my stylus to use at the checkout, I sprayed my hands down with sanitizer when I got in my car and lysoled at home...

Observations..
A lady my age -early 60's bopped in behind me as I was going in and she saw how crowded it was and turned to me and HYSTERICALLY (yes, she was hysterical to the point of popping a gasket) squealed..."THIS IS SO STUPID, ALL THESE FOLKS GETTING HYSTERICAL OVER THIS!" I calmly said to her "I think its a really good thing that people are preparing"....ha ha...made my day...as she shook her head and stormed off....

The self checkout line was long, but the other lines were much longer. Lots of folks with overflowing carts...I get it...its Payday for many and also for the Military today. I understand that folks want to be prepared, better late than never.

I was in the self checkout line and the mom behind me had her little one with her, probably 4 years old...all of a sudden, coughing, from the little one, those awful snotty nosed coughs you hear...and the mom said not one thing to her, not "cover your mouth" or "sneeze into your elbow" she just let her cough and cough as I tried to move away...ughh..

Then the adult in front of me, was a lady of about 30, speaking to the middle aged dad in front of her..and saying "I always wash my hands, I did before, its nothing new to me" and "this will be over with in two weeks, but gosh, my work cancelled a meeting at the end of April...can you believe it?" and the guy was chatting back....and then ….a huge openmouthed cough from the girl in front of me right at the guy who was turned towards her!!! I could not believe my eyes....seriously (no they were total strangers to each other just chatting in line btw) If it had been me she had coughed at I would have FREAKED.

I'm teary eyed at the sacrifices these companies are making for all of us. . . a portion of their parking lots!!! IMO JMO

Another post I think is sarcastic, yet I personally think it is a GREAT idea to partner with them as these companies are WELL known to be positioned in strategic locations to ALL of the US - not only urban, but rural locations and they are set up to organize such. IIRC, those major players reach 98% of the population with 5 miles. THAT is needed MOO.

Kudos as something that I think was an aha moment, at least to me, as how to do the drive throughs. MOO MOO MOO They have the bucks to organize in their outer lots, e.g. like Home Depot does all the time for doing recycling in my community.

My hats off to it.

ETA on second thought after viewing Dr. Campbell - it may NOT be the right thing to do now unless they have symptoms (queue up to 19:40 on video at
)

Last edited:
I love this thread.... Lots of world info, local info, and the many different ways people/and posters are coping or not coping with this crisis is interesting.... Yall all take care of yourselves and your loved ones..."Hang tough and rattle" and "Laugh at the devil."....Most of us are gonna make it through this, I betcha......moo

Agreed.

And, here are some treats . . .

breakfastWhole.jpg

Comfort food, such as the above, mac and cheese . . . the list goes on.

Diets are not to be thought of right now!!

I’m really noticing all my spoiled habits while I’m trying to cook with minimal ingredients in order to ration.

Oh how much I took for granted.
I know!!! What, dried parsley instead of fresh in my pasta??
Normally I would head to the local family market and pick it up. The new normal. And I am worried for my little family market btw. While stocking up I was sure to give them a big share of my stock up budget.
On a related note, I needed wine. Well, more wine. I passed my mob-scene grocery stores and Costco today and went instead to the local gas station. Ok it was not fine wine but wine nonetheless. I was the only one in there.

Trump allegedly stood beside someone - photo op - who has since tested positive for the virus. He said that he doesn't know who the individual is because he has not seen the photo. He takes hundreds of photos at public events. He is having no symptoms, and WH physicians have told him that he doesn't require testing.

He had dinner with the Brazilian delegation at Mar A Lago. At least one member of that delegation has tested positive. The mayor of Miami was also at that dinner. He has no symptoms and just tested positive and is in quarantine.

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_170618.jpg
    IMG_20200313_170618.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
To be fair, I believe isolation is suggested after exposure IF one has symptoms. If exposed (prob all of us) but feeling well, it is not necessary to isolate.
It is helpful if we avoid the public. We lessen our chance of getting it & if we are asymptomatic we can transmit it.
Self isolation is an option for all of us, but not an order. Actually, it seems like we are encouraged to not self isolate.
Our blood bank is asking people to come in & donate, restaurants are open & advertising nightly specials, etc.
The only way to keep people home is to shut establishments down. If places are open, people will come. Moo
Moo

Hi Folks! I decided to stay home from work and take a “mental health” day to prepare, as well as an opportunity to stay away from others. I am glad I did as an email came in saying that there were breakfast goodies in the staff kitchen. Sigh.

I finalized my hunker-down grocery and pet food order at ShopRite. In addition, I bought TheraFlu, acetaminophen, Lysol wipes and sprays. I was surprised to see them all in stock (no hand sanitizer at all), but we will see when the delivery arrives tomorrow. I have everything else. I refuse to go into any stores or gatherings for the next few days, to see where this virus takes us.

My daughter is a little freaked out in Brooklyn, still taking the subway to Manhattan every so often. She said she couldn’t find any hand sanitizer or wipes, that someone stole the 1 sanitizer from her, then later texted that she found both a 1.75oz sanitizer and 35 count Lysol wipes at the Dollar Store for $5 each. o_O I tried warning her earlier.

She had a flight out of state next weekend that she cancelled and was worried that Manhattan would turn into Wutan. I told her this isn’t China and explained that Cuomo is doing his best under these circumstances in taking good care of New York and just follow his advice and any warnings.

Off to find Governor Cuomo’s address from this morning that someone mentioned upthread.

I know late last night some members from Norway and Sweden posted that they were under a countrywide lockdown. Let us know what you are experiencing, as well as the members from Italy, we could all use your advice and encouragement as we deal with this catastrophe on our own.

Stay safe everyone!
My thoughts are with you! My son lives in Brooklyn. He is self quarantined and has tested. 2 people in his small classroom are ill with confirmed CV.

OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.

Companies represented so far in @realDonaldTrump's news conference updating country on coronavirus, detailing how they will do their part to help: Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Quest Diagnostics, LabCorp. WATCH LIVE on Channel 2 or here: WSB Now | Live streaming Atlanta Local News, Weather and Programs WSB-TV on Twitter

Breaking News - President Trump: "To help our students and their families I've waived interest at all student loans held by federal government agencies, and it will be until further notice."
Live5News on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member