Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump allegedly stood beside someone - photo op - who has since tested positive for the virus. He said that he doesn't know who the individual is because he has not seen the photo. He takes hundreds of photos at public events. He is having no symptoms, and WH physicians have told him that he doesn't require testing.
Whatever. Then don’t expect the rest of us to self-quarantine under similar circumstances.

The hoax is the mass hysteria of continuing to doom and gloom, not the virus, Just as our president said, but unfortunately some people only listen to the opinion news of the world, (CNN, etc). My state gives information, not opinion. We do not use could be, or might be, just the facts. The virus is to be taken serious, just as the flu, but the media as well as social media needs to always make a crisis out of everything. The virus has not disrupted my life, how kind of you to feel sorry for me, but I'm just fine. MOO

If you cannot see that this virus is a world wide crisis, well, it really leaves me speechless--- nice that the virus has not disrupted your life- you are fortunate not to be an elderly person for whom the virus can be fatal. Those of us who are a high risk to die or get extremely ill from this virus, must disrupt our lives because of this virus.--- I won't even go into the ways it has changed my life, and others. I guess all the sports that cancelled including basketball, baseball, hockey and golf are "making a crisis out of everything'-- oh, i don't feel sorry for you---

He had dinner with the Brazilian delegation at Mar A Lago. At least one member of that delegation has tested positive. The mayor of Miami was also at that dinner. He has no symptoms and just tested positive and is in quarantine.
I would think he needs to be tested. He actually met quite a few people that might have been exposed to covid.

Thank you. IMO, the hysteria is going to hurt more people than CV
I just wish everyone would practice “social distancing” , which is completely different than isolation & quarantine.
Everyone does not have to sit home alone, choose contacts wisely. I’d rather have a self employed farmer over for dinner than an engineer from a large auto plant, ya know?
As far as isolation after known community exposure, it is kinda weird. I stayed isolated for almost 2 weeks after the first KY diagnosis from WMT. Now, I’m good to go....but, go where, lol? If I go anywhere, I have no doubt I will be exposed anew thru community contact. Fortunately I’m set with food/beverage/TP, so I can easily do my part and continue to isolate, if I do need something I can creep out in the middle of the night when I’m less likely to see anyone.

We just got news my granddaughter, 9 yrs old, is negative for Coronavirus but positive for Influenza B. She has an extreme case, very ill. She is highly contagious. So far other family members are okay but may show signs earlier next week. Doctors were really sure it was Coronavirus and surprised them with the test results.

So everyone besides Coronavirus these is Influenza B and A That also are just as serious for people.

Did she get a flu shot? Hope she is okay. Hug.

NY Update - 400 cases

New York Now Has Over 400 Cases of Coronavirus: Live Updates

Here’s what you need to know:
New York now has more than 400 cases of the virus.
As of Friday afternoon, New York State had 421 confirmed coronavirus cases, with the number of cases in Westchester County and New York City nearly equal, Gov Andrew M. Cuomo said.

There were 158 cases of the virus in Westchester County, home to one of the largest clusters of the virus in the country, and 154 in New York City, officials said. The number of cases in the city had tripled since Wednesday.

On Nassau County, on Long Island, officials declared a state of emergency. The county has 51 confirmed coronavirus cases.

The new totals were announced as New York residents prepared for a drastic shift in their daily lives over the weekend. Limits on public gatherings in the state take effect at 5 p.m. Friday.

New York officials have pushed to increase the state’s capacity to test for the coronavirus. On Friday, the federal government said that it would allow New York State’s public health department to authorize local labs to perform coronavirus tests.

By next week, New York could be conducting 6,000 tests a day, Mr. Cuomo said. On Friday, the state opened a “drive through” testing facility in New Rochelle, a city north of New York City that has been at the center of the epidemic in the state.

For New Yorkers who are laid off as a result of the coronavirus, Mr. Cuomo said the state would waive the seven-day waiting period for unemployment insurance. He also said he was directing utilities not to cut off electricity, gas or water service to people who could not pay their bills because of the broader impact of the virus.

A trade group representing at least 29 developers and property managers in New York City who together control more than 150,000 rental units, pledged not to execute any eviction warrants for the next 90 days in response to the spread of Coronavirus.

Exceptions will be made for warrants related to criminal or negligent behavior that jeopardize the health and safety of other residents.

I know!!! What, dried parsley instead of fresh in my pasta??
Normally I would head to the local family market and pick it up. The new normal. And I am worried for my little family market btw. While stocking up I was sure to give them a big share of my stock up budget.
On a related note, I needed wine. Well, more wine. I passed my mob-scene grocery stores and Costco today and went instead to the local gas station. Ok it was not fine wine but wine nonetheless. I was the only one in there.
I am lucky to have a small greenhouse. And in it I have wintered over some herbs. Parsley included. I knew it would pay off one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat