Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im way behind on reading, but wanted to throw this out there. My son runs the Food Lion To Go department at our local grocery store. If social isolating, this is a great program. We have no confirmed cases in my county, but if folks use this service, it keeps the workers working, and residents isolated. Oh, and forget the toilet paper, grab some Musinex, Tylenol, and Vicks and a thermometer if you dont have one. My 2 cents... stay healthy friends.

CONNECTICUT

This would be a HUGE boon to the testing capacity issue in #NewHaven and #Connecticut. #COVID19 @cpgYALE @Ted_Melnick
Kudos to Dr. Landry @Yalemed @ynhh
YNHH replicates the COVID-19 test; hopes to use it on 200 samples a day via @nhregister
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

NEW HAVEN - Yale New Haven Hospital has been able to replicate the COVID-19 test and expects to be able to put it into play as early as today or Monday, a tool they hope will be able to screen some 200 samples a day.

The hospital at a press conference Friday said Dr. Marie-Louise Landry, who heads the hospital’s clinical virology department, has been working for months on the problem of limited test kits available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This is what we need.Doing the same at Johns Hopkins.
MOO.

I have a house not far from a Grand Rapids....., my elderly dad lives in MI also. Just talked to a friend that teaches.....
Oh my. Michigan is where many of my Family are. All folks on my Husbands side in Denmark are healthy and isolating. Our Local Hospital protocol as of today is one visitor per Patient. Patient must name that visitor. Screening continues. No cases as of yet. 3 tested here were cleared.

ATLANTA....NO, NOT THE WINE....

Police say two people got into a fight at Sam’s Club when someone bumped into someone else’s cart.

Hiram Police say officers were dispatched to Sam’s Club on Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway in reference to an assault in progress.

Officers found two men with injuries, and a small crowd around where it happened.

Then, police said men from both parties grabbed wine bottles and started hitting each other.

Both were hurt and wine bottles were smashed.

Wine bottles smashed during fight in local Sam’s Club

Yep, self isolate and keep your distance. So why are thousands of people rushing off to Costco and standing cheek by jowl in line for an hour or two to buy TP and water??

If its really bad, shouldn't you dash into the nearest shop, get what you need and get out?? Avoid lineups etc.
Agreed! Every large store I drove by today was a mass of humanity. If CV was not running wild in SE MI yet, it is after today.

OT: I gave up sweets (candy, cookies, etc) for Lent and I'm regretting that right about now. I could really use some comfort junk food. Chocolate would be great...or ice cream...or brownies...or all of the above...

I ate a granola bar that had chocolate in it, but my brain just laughed at my weak attempt at trying to fool it. LOL

Once mass testing begins the numbers will look much better, most tested will be negative, per reports. Moo
Hard to do with out proof....testing seems to be the key.

CDC is not relaxing the protocol. You MUST have contact with a known case or be a nursing home patient. They consider these the only folks that need testing in their labs.

Hoping these private labs are up and running "next week".
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members