Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This schedule someone came up with might be helpful for some, even if you don't have children home, you can modify it for yourself. I thought it was brilliant. DAILY COVID 19 Schedule

Attachments

• 89067615_10158238622317020_3807464271403548672_n.jpg
    89067615_10158238622317020_3807464271403548672_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 83

But if the UK government is going to stop testing for people who aren't in hospital, how can they do the track and trace? Surely there will be too many cases during the peak to do that anyway?

I kind of wish they would be able to test everyone who has symptoms or has been in contact with someone who's tested positive just so that people know for sure if they've already had it or if what they had was flu or a cold.

About two months ago my husband brought home a giant case of dozens of cans of Ro-Tel that someone gave him for God knows what reason. I couldn't stop laughing; it was so absurd but I was almost mad at it taking up so much pantry space. It's just the two of us.

Well... who's laughing now? The strategic Ro-Tel stockpile is making the strategic rice and beans stockpile look a whole lot more appealing. :p:rolleyes:

I'm really getting worried about elderly people who don't have the ability, whether it is physical or financial, to get supplies that they need. I don't personally know of anyone in my area that falls into that category, but I keep envisioning them, scared and alone, in their homes with no one to help them. How do we find these people if we don't know they are there?? I would be more than willing to help if I just knew who needed it.

I have the same worry. We are checking in with elderly friends and family. But my heart breaks for those who don't have a support system.

B.C. confirms 11 new novel coronavirus cases, 3 linked to North Vancouver hospital
''Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry made the statement as she announced 11 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Friday, three of them linked to a North Vancouver hospital. B.C. now has 56 confirmed cases.''

“These are risky travels. So air crews for example, people who truck back and forth across the border, they need to have an active monitoring program,” she said.

“They need to have access to clean their hands regularly, enhanced infection control on trucks, on ferries, on airplanes. Those are all measures that are being put in place.”

The three new hospital cases are all administrative workers at Lions Gate Hospital, said Henry, adding that an investigation is underway to determine the source of the infection.''

I read about this, and hear about it from my kids..but the photos are just beyond comprehension.

I almost wonder if a lot of people are misinformed or getting news from SM. 80+% will fully recover at home with no medical intervention. We are told “stay home if sick”. I live on a main road and this evening is a non stop stream of traffic coming to my town/county from a neighboring county with confirmed cases & the WMT that had a positive employee. The rush to purchase grocery items “now” has created hysteria in my area. I also notice from seeing the vehicles, instead of just the mom or dad coming to shop, each car looks like they are bringing the entire family. Not cool!
I wonder when the urge to shop will diminish? I can’t help but think driving from a county with many in quarantine to the next county is unwise and adds another county to the endangered list.
Not everyone is in the 20% high risk group. I wish people would read and get facts from a legit site.
We are also expecting heavy rain for several days, I think foul weather will prompt people to get out even more.

About two months ago my husband brought home a giant case of dozens of cans of Ro-Tel that someone gave him for God knows what reason. I couldn't stop laughing; it was so absurd but I was almost mad at it taking up so much pantry space. It's just the two of us.

Well... who's laughing now? The strategic Ro-Tel stockpile is making the strategic rice and beans stockpile look a whole lot more appealing. :p:rolleyes:

There was a big sale on Ro-Tel not long ago. I have a case of it myself.

But if the UK government is going to stop testing for people who aren't in hospital, how can they do the track and trace? Surely there will be too many cases during the peak to do that anyway?

I kind of wish they would be able to test everyone who has symptoms or has been in contact with someone who's tested positive just so that people know for sure if they've already had it or if what they had was flu or a cold.
We dont have the capacity to test everyone. People need to get real. And realise the priorities. And the priorities are not figuring out you with a wee sniffle has a cold

CALIFORNIA

Here are the current number of novel coronavirus cases across the Southland:

• Los Angeles County: 40 confirmed cases
L.A. County Health director Dr. Barbara Ferrer said three of the eight are assumed to be community transmission, since there is no known explanation for their illness.

• Orange County: 9 cases (6 confirmed, 3 presumptive)

• Riverside County: 8 confirmed cases

• San Bernardino County: 0 cases

• San Diego County: 8 presumptive case

• Ventura County: 1 confirmed case

Ohio thinks 100,000k. But remember, most will not be ill, most will have cold symptoms.
Earlier, I heard Governor Cuomo say on the news, "My guess is there are thousands and thousands of cases walking around the state of NY."

My daughter told me where she lives, Oneida County, NY, just confirmed it’s first case.

Agreed! Every large store I drove by today was a mass of humanity. If CV was not running wild in SE MI yet, it is after today.

Tip I am sure those of us here have already thought about. Certain stores are open 24 hours and I sometimes like to go to the store at about 1 AM in the morning to avoid crowds. So if you must get out to get some supplies and you have a 24 hour store, then that may be a possible option. Just be careful of the drunks on the road and LE as both are out during those hours so its a little dangerous on the roads.

Also, the pharmacy section usually closes in stores at regular hours even though the rest of the store may be open so you may not be able to use all parts of the store like normal when shopping at 1 AM like I sometimes do. Not sure about the butcher section where there is usally a butcher during the day. The frozen isles and regular cold foods will still be available but the butcher department may or may not have a person that can help you in those hours.

DeWine: Schools to continue feeding students during coronavirus closures, parents urged to keep children home from daycare if able

Governor Mike DeWine announced that Ohio has received a federal waiver that will allow schools to continue feeding students during closures due to coronavirus.

The waiver granted by the Department of Agriculture allows schools to keep staff that will package lunches and distribute them to students.

He also signed an executive order to ease the teacher/student ratio currently required for day cares and preschools.

The order is meant to help providers care for students at a time when staffing levels may be low due to illness.

While daycare centers and preschools are not included in his closure order, DeWine is urging parents to keep their children home from these facilities if they can afford to do so.

“Children, unless they have a medical problem, a pre-existing medical problem, they’re probably going to get through contracting the virus okay, but they are carriers,” Governor DeWine said. “These potential carriers will come home and this certainly can spread.”

He is also encouraging parents not to leave their children in the care of an elderly babysitter over the age of 60 because these people are at the highest risk of becoming ill from COVID-19.

Question????
What in the bat snot is the deal with TP? Lmfao I somewhat get hand sanitizer even though a soapy water solution in squirt bottle is better and amazingly free, but TP man I'm having a hard time getting my head on that one. Food well food is an idc item, for us I mean. I grow my own anyway due to my heart since almost everything in supermarkets is on the no no hell no list, processed garbage it is and meat is no no. I've got enough frozen and canned to last. Not that it will go long, hopefully. I still think if your using basic sense and practicing the social distance thing that a stock up supermarket run is ok. Just get it in one trip then stay on your property till this is controlled.
But TP LMFAOO
Luckys gone fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members