Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOGLE

Statement from Verily: "We are developing a tool to help triage individuals for Covid-19 testing. Verily is in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time.

“We appreciate the support of government officials and industry partners and thank the Google engineers who have volunteered to be part of this effort."
Google Communications on Twitter

But getting a negative test is useless unless that person remains isolated. If not, the minute they go into a public venue, they risk infection again. Where does it end? The same person can’t keep getting tested because they could not stay home. Nor does it do good to get tested before the incubation period has matured. I don’t think it can be stopped, there is no therapeutic remedy. So, we are told “if sick, stay home.”
Live like everyone has it......
MOO...the main advantage to testing is to determine who is infected. Then areas of concentrated cases and provide isolation to prevent greater transmission.

Until, we KNOW who is infected we can stop the virus. Many have mild symptoms but are carriers. They may infect 1to 100 or more, some that may/will be serious or die.

Look how long it took to identify in the nursing home patient in WA. Many were infected and many that visited the facility are carriers. Things get out of control quickly.

At this stage, we have no idea who is infected or a carrier. We could become infected anywhere by any unknown person, who may not be sick enough to go to a hospital or even be tested.

Ioo

About two months ago my husband brought home a giant case of dozens of cans of Ro-Tel that someone gave him for God knows what reason. I couldn't stop laughing; it was so absurd but I was almost mad at it taking up so much pantry space. It's just the two of us.

Well... who's laughing now? The strategic Ro-Tel stockpile is making the strategic rice and beans stockpile look a whole lot more appealing. :p:rolleyes:

I use rol tel for chili con queso and chili.

Girl de Italia, second only to the Tour de France, has been postponed. It was scheduled to start May 9. No new date given.
This is so not good for President Trump....i hope he tests very soon like he said he would at press conference
Yeah. Especially since he shook hands at the Rose Garden today. Unbelievable.

My husband has to go in every day to make sure the necessary supplies are available for the linemen and electricians keeping our government offices and hospitals running. Starting Monday he'll be the only one there and all supplies will be requested online or telephone and delivered where needed. I'm so relieved he won't be having contact with multiple people. Another plus is they won't need the 40 rolls of TP for one person and he was able to bring some home :)
That's a plus!
Lol
Moo

Philadelphia will close all public schools for two weeks starting Monday, March 16, due to a lack of teachers as neighboring counties work to combat the novel coronavirus. The announcement was made Friday by School District of PhiladelphiaSuperintendent William Hite.

Dr Fauci never nods.. The others are bobble-heads..IMO

I think the members of the Task Force were nodding when the President was answering media questions, e.g. about adding UK to the list of countries that can't enter the U.S. temporarily, when those questions were related to what the Task Force is working on right now. Some of it was probably instinctive, given the work they are doing.

NEXTSTRAIN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Friday #COVID19 update - @nextstrain
-circulating widely in Europe
-4 introductions to UK
-travel cases link Iran w/ other parts of world
-WA outbreak grows, some cases linked to Grand Princess
-local circulation in California
-social distancing now
auspice COVID19 on Twitter
COVID19 on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_200408.png
    IMG_20200313_200408.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 6
GRORGIA

BARTOW, Ga. — A local church that has been tied to coronavirus cases in Bartow County has requested that attendees of two recent services self-quarantine in case they may have caught the contagious virus.

Senior Pastor Jacob T. King of The Church at Liberty Square announced in a letter on Friday that those who attended their gathering on March 1 should quarantine through March 15. And those who attended on March 8 should remain in self-quarantine through March 22.

Bartow church tied to coronavirus cases asks recent attendees to self-quarantine

We dont have the capacity to test everyone. People need to get real. And realise the priorities. And the priorities are not figuring out you with a wee sniffle has a cold

I think if someone's in a higher risk group, or they regularly visit someone in a higher risk group, and *if* the body holds immunity to the virus for some time (a year or so at least) then if someone knows for sure they have had it, maybe they can worry less about going out or visiting their relative if they're not going to come down with it now (as they've already had it) and once recovered they're a safer person to visit the relative or they could be the person who takes food and water into the room of a person in their household who gets it in a few weeks or months?

That's the main reason I think it might be helpful to know for sure who's had it and who hasn't.

Question 2:
They, meaning drug companies and others trying to develop a vaccine are saying soon they will need human lab rats to test on, skipping the animal blah blah. So, a proposal.... Offer non violent felons in prison the chance to be infected with virus to see if cures work, if you make it your free. Clean second chance. Cannot be murderers, cannibals, any child crime, any sex crime, etc. Non violent only. I'd be ok with it. Within reason anyway.
Luckys putting masks on his dogs.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_200916.png
    IMG_20200313_200916.png
    526.2 KB · Views: 9
Guys, after following this non stop for 2 months I need a break. I’m going to watch some true crime on YouTube and nap and try and forget about it for a while.
Thanks for everyone’s input in these threads x

IKWYM

Ive had to take many breaks already. Its almost funny (but kind of sad) that the other day I said to myself "I need to go over to a murder thread to get a break from this virus thread". Like a simple murder or two may relax me some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren