Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned yesterday that two female physical therapists were talking about TP rolls during my therapy session (hip bursitis). One of my alternate therapists mentioned an episode of Seinfeld that has a funny restroom scene. I didn't watch much Seinfeld and didn't see the episode, but this sounds like the episode she described: "Seinfeld" The Stall (TV Episode 1994) - IMDb. I will watch it sometime over the weekend. We can all use a little laughter during this global crisis :)

So it sounds like the more people travel the more likely COVID-19 is going to spread throughout the world.

Yes. That is why we need a nationwide lockdown like other countries that are not even worse off than we are to control containment and reduce community spread.

Italy shut down but allowed restaurants and grocery stores open and they still had widespread contamination

Last I hear yesterday? that they have now closed ALL stores nationwide.

Here in the US we barely have anyone social distancing.

I just saw someone on FB who is still going ahead with her daughters 3rd birthday party this weekend and said that she was still going ahead with it. Sigh.

Last edited:
Kiva.org, Visa Inc. Launch "Kiva City" in Support of U.S. Small Businesses

Just posting this for concerned small business owners (in the US). Kiva is a microloan non-profit that provides interest-free loans to small businesses around the world. They announced they are ramping up to offer similar loans to US small businesses who may struggle during the outbreak.

I don't know anything about the requirements, I have used their site to lend in other parts of the world - but I hope they are able to help right here at home.

Making a last trip to store today for hopefully a couple weeks- what am I forgetting?! Do y’all think cough expectorant would help or what medicine in case we get it?
My little one says we need ingredients to make pies!

My husband and I stocked up on otc cold and cough meds so we could self treat until we got to the point of needing to go to the hospital. Hopefully that won't happen! Most doctors and urgent care here have signs instructing people with even just cold symptoms to turn around and leave the property.

Coronavirus and the NBA: Child tests positive for COVID-19 after getting autographs at Jazz vs. Celtics game
Police in in Westerley, Rhode Island announced Friday that one of the two children in the town who had been recently diagnosed with coronavirus got an autograph from an NBA player on March 6. The autograph reportedly happened when the Utah Jazz visited the Boston Celtics.

if this ^^^ is not enough to make people realize how little contact they need to have with an infected person or item, idk what is. This makes me cringe & convinces me touching any item outside my home is a potential risk.
(It is MOO the autograph/contact to be the culprit)

Yes. That is why we need a nationwide lockdown like other countries that are not even worse off than we are to control containment and reduce community spread.
Might happen sooner than later. I understand going for groceries. I don’t understand non essential, risky trips for personal entertainment. Just me though.

This feels with the Twilight Zone (like I feel when I go into Dollar General) but it is real life. It seems too bizarre to be true, but it is true - whole countries are closing their doors. I really do now know the right words for what I am trying to express. It feels like I am watching a movie but this is REAL life.

I mentioned yesterday that two female physical therapists were talking about TP rolls during my therapy session (hip bursitis). One of my alternate therapists mentioned an episode of Seinfeld that has a funny restroom scene. I didn't watch much Seinfeld and didn't see the episode, but this sounds like the episode she described: "Seinfeld" The Stall (TV Episode 1994) - IMDb. I will watch it sometime over the weekend. We can all use a little laughter during this global crisis :)

Can't spare a square!

Global coronavirus death toll tops 5,000

https://nypost.com/2020/03/13/global-coronavirus-death-toll-tops-5000/

Out of 8 billion people in the world, it's not a bad number, if it were in the millions of people dying from COVID-19 then yes I'd start to really worry.

And I just got back from Publix. We have enough TP as the store is completely out of it, but they are very low on the following: paper towels, citrus fruits, frozen foods, white vinegar, bottled water. They're out of bleach, and hand sanitizer (which I never use anyways).

I am still trying to figure out why the TP crisis. That does not make any sense at all.

Never used it either. When you find out about the TP crisis I want to know as well, thought it was just a snow thing.

WFTV Orlando reports Daytona Beach, Fl. has
declared a City Emergency and announced no
public gatherings at city owned facilities.
Meanwhile on public streets Daytona Bike Week
is still ongoing w/ crowds and motorcycles going up and down the streets filled w/ vendors.

I work at the front desk in a doctor’s office. It’s a specialty office, so we don’t see patients for cold/flu symptoms, but for years we’ve kept a box of masks in the waiting room with a sign telling people to take one if they have fever or cough. Usually we have to replace the box once a month or so. This past Monday, we started the day with a full box of masks and by lunchtime it was empty. People were grabbing handfuls of masks and putting them in their pocket or purse. We’re down to two boxes of masks and can’t order any more as they’re on backorder. So now we have to keep the masks behind the desk and give them to patients who ask. I imagine it’s even worse at urgent care and primary care clinics.

A favorite!

Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members