Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The chair of the RNC, @GOPChairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel, came home sick from Mar-a-Lago, has tested negative for flu & strep and is awaiting #coronavirus test results. She has symptoms of #COVID19

Doug Sovern on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

There could be more positives from this party than 87 countries....just saying.

Everyone that was there should have self isolated after the first illness. Yet.....and these folks are not all young people. Some are at a high risk age. SMH!

I’m glad so many of you remain positive. I hop around reading a variety of online news & glance at the comments to most articles. I’m seeing more & more of:
I’m telling my boss I’m sick, if we get paid to stay home, I ain’t working.
I need a vacation, when will gov’t make my boss pay me sick pay?
If nobody else be working why I be working
Will someone pay my rent? I’m under eviction, is it stopped now?

I am disgusted!

Last edited:
are being given an "Incomplete", and will have to register for the class again.

wow that isn't very fair, if they did that when i was in school you can bet the entire class would have kicked up a fuss, having to re-register for those classes just to take labs.. that is very annoying

It's from the French Health Minister. I'm trying to find corroborating information from a second source as we speak.....
I'm an ibuprofen user as well (for headaches)
And I prefer Aleve (Naproxin) as it works best for me when I have aches and pains, muscle soreness...for fever, I generally take plain old Asprin.

Wonder then, would that be a no-no for CV as well? I do understand the need to let a fever do its work, as long as it doesn't get too high.

I don’t even know what everything will look like at the end of
million dollar question,huh?
I know in my area, people are more than weary. The PC our Governor gives always begin with the “Remain calm, we’ll get thru this, wash your hands, practice social distancing, please don’t hoard.”
Well we got the hand washing down pat, there’s nothing to hoard & social distancing can’t happen when the social venues remain open.

wow that isn't very fair, if they did that when i was in school you can bet the entire class would have kicked up a fuss, having to re-register for those classes just to take labs.. that is very annoying

I don't know, maybe they will adjust the situation. That is the information now. These are required classes.

My daughter's school has gone online, the bad news, she had two classes with labs. Students who have classes with mandatory labs, are being given an "Incomplete", and will have to register for the class again.

Two months, meaningless. She is still frustrated.
Ugh! So what does she plan to do with her free time?

What are small businesses doing? My husbands company travels to put in the tube systems in hospitals that carry things. He thinks it’s business as usual. For the life’s of me I can’t convince him that he shouldn’t travel. Without him working, we will sink.

If the government is hoping to flatten the curve, and need all citizens to follow guidelines in a team effort, IMO, it can't happen unless/until they formulate a plan to support not just corporations and traditional small biz, but also every worker who will be forced to cease working for a living.

If there's a choice between earning an income or protecting others (perhaps strangers) being infected, I am afraid I know which one will be the popular choice. Jmo

Imo, I think we need some reassurance that financial help will also trickle down to individuals and families.

I don't know, maybe they will adjust the situation. That is the information now. These are required classes.

hopefully if this settles down quickly say within 4 weeks, they might be able to do labs in one week on an alt week

we had to do this when a teacher was sick although this is a lot more labs than we had to do so hmm

Oats, dates, walnuts, frozen berries, shelf-stable nut milk.
Oatmeal!
Having lived through a hurricane with power out for several weeks, I am not so sure really hoarding frozen food is such a good idea. If electricity goes out, there go your frozen foods. I think canned goods is the way to go.

Oh my. You are really going through an ordeal Book-thinker! You may have already mentioned this, but have you spoken to a doctor? 9 days is too long to have a fever IMO. You may have a secondary bacterial infection. If that's the case, perhaps some antibiotics will help. ?? Please take care and keep us updated!
Last Thursday the nurse took my temperature its a low grade fever 99.6.
She doesn’t feel it’s a sinus infection. Was advised go to the emergency room if my symptoms get worse. If my breathing gets worse.

In the Seattle area we are overwhelmed with people seeking medical attention. The officials are asking people to stay home if ill.
If l get worse l will call the doctor office.
The wait time for reaching my doctors office is long. This is what the nurse told me.

I don’t know what’s going on with me, but I will get better.

According to the DailyMail, the British are considering quarantining
the over 70s for a few months!!!

I guess its to keep them out of hospital, they won't get a doctor if they're ill, they'll get a computer consultation.

Boris is bringing in the army to guard stores and enforce his rules.

We have 4 dogs now. 50lb bags of Ol Roy Chicken n Rice delivered from WalMart. Just ordered another bag to have on hand with all this going on. I know people who "would never" use store brand dog food- we have never had an issue- and our oldest dog recently passed at 21 yrs of age. Vet says our dogs are in excellent health, and now we have plenty for the next month.
Hey, four dogs eat a lot! I’m glad they have a loving home & adequate food. The high cost of pet food prevents a lot of people from having a dog. Such a shame for a child to grow up without a “bestie”.

Hi everyone, I’m still running a low grade fever. Last night it was difficult getting to sleep, coughing is much worse. Not much more I can do except take Tylenol, guaifenesin, honey and cough medicine. Plenty of tea, oranges juice and water.
l wake up hoping l’ll feel better... Nine days of a low grade fever now my cough is worse. Not much more l can do.
Take care!
PS I’m staying away from people.
I'm worrying big time about your @book-thinker . Are you somewhere where you can get tested? It might actually put your mind at ease to know what you do or don't have.

And sorry for being overly nosey...do you have someone there with you or someone you can call for assistance?

It is infuriating, but it’s inevitable really. I mean I know these GenZ kids love their grandparents and don’t want any old people to die. BUT when you’re not able to have prom, go to sports events, have your college/high school graduation, forced to move out of your dorm full of friends and back in w/your parents all because of pretty much a mild cold for you and all your friends? Of course they’re going to be bitter. I’m not condoning it, but we do have to remember that this is really affecting young people as well.

They’re mostly not getting sick and dying, but their lives have been turned upside down. My daughter knows a senior at Harvard who was getting ready to head out to a track meet last week—they had never made it this far—when they were told Harvard had pulled out of it & to go home. Everything she had worked for over. Done.

I’m heartbroken for my daughter who was thriving at college. Everything she worked for to get there—just gone. Her new friends in other states and no one knows if and when they’ll be able to go on living.
This is terrible for everyone but we can’t forget the young people affected.

I am right there with you. My oldest daughter is 8.5 mos pregnant. She is so scared for the little life she is bringing into this uncertain world. What should be a very happy time is now full of worry and fear. My oldest son is 2 months from graduating with is masters from LIU. Instead of relishing in the next two months after years of hard work, he is sitting home. Self quarantined because his instructor and one classmate already have full blow CV, lab tested. Graduation ceremonies already cancelled. My heard breaks for him. He will know Monday if the bad cough he has is CV. My younger daughter was planning her dream wedding for years, set to happen in June. She will get married but nothing else will be the same. Her shower was supposed to be tomorrow. Canceled.

I am sorry to unload. My heart is broken for ALL of our young people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms