Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen here in Sweden "facebook local markets", where people can order what they want from local producers, and then meet at a parking lot for the buy. All the members of the group who want to buy, or sell, meet up once every week or every two weeks for the exchange. It takes half an hour or so to do it.
It could be different in Sweden, but the BBC did an investigation a few weeks ago and these were unlicensed kitchens in people's homes, no food hygiene requirements, no allergy warnings etc.

Facebook home food sellers concern watchdog

I'm quite a few pages behind, so apologies if already posted.

I’m officially laid off. I don’t have enough hours for EI (in Canada) because I’ve taken so much time off for my sons issues. And man he is 24. I’m so upset at all of this. I work at the school. Normally laid off in May. :(
Oh @dyannaON, I am so sorry...maybe your province will take some action to extend EI and food assistance. Take an evening to breathe, cry, and then think and reach out to people who can help. You will prevail. Hugs.

Someone please help me here- I can’t watch or read his statements right now. What did he mean? That the lockdowns will be in place until perhaps July or August, or that we may well still have “some” restrictions until then.

I will not be able to function right now if I think he’s been told lockdown until July or August.

Headlines:

Trump: Americans could be hunkered down until at least July or August because of coronavirus

Trump says coronavirus crisis could last until July or August

President Donald Trump Says Coronavirus Crisis May Extend Into July Or August; Urges Country To Avoid Gatherings Of 10 Or More

Etc. etc.

"Public school students, businesses and their employees would be protected from the impacts of coronavirus under a group of more than two dozen bills approved by the New Jersey Assembly on Monday.

The Assembly voted to spend at least $65 million in state funds to respond to the outbreak that had sickened 178 New Jerseyans as of Monday. Of that money, $20 million would help schools clean their buildings, $10 million is for cleaning at healthcare facilities, and $15 million will help provide low-income families and students with meals. The other $20 million would go to employees and employers who don't have paid leave policies."

NJ employees, students may get $65M from state to deal with fallout from coronavirus

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson leave hospital in Australia five days after announcing they both had contracted coronavirus while filming

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson leave hospital in Australia after coronavirus diagnosis | Daily Mail Online

I’m glad they are both out of hospital.

I can’t believe the variations on how this virus affects people. It is incredible how some people have no symptoms whilst others are killed.
Oh good. They both had pre-existing conditions and weren't exactly spring chickens.

NEW: Amazon says it needs to hire 100,000 people across the U.S. to keep up with a crush of orders as the coronavirus spreads and keeps more people at home, shopping online. Amazon seeks to hire 100,000 to keep up with surge in orders
ABC News on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES
All, there is the answer for all the laid off people. Amazon is hiring. I am not kidding, their business must be going through the roof.
And they are providing a valuable service allowing people to stay inside more.

I’m officially laid off. I don’t have enough hours for EI (in Canada) because I’ve taken so much time off for my sons issues. And man he is 24. I’m so upset at all of this. I work at the school. Normally laid off in May. :(

I’m really sorry.

Could the news possibly get any worse? Yes, of course. Stock market crashes. Worst drop in history.

Stock market today: Live updates on the Dow, S&P 500, companies and more - CNN

The global financial ramifications of this crisis are going to last for many years.

I am so sorry. I hope they make provisions for you and others in the same boat. I pray something happens that is positive for you. Stay safe and take care.

PSA- from my horse and dog forum-
Some feed stores are expected to be shut down
so plan to have Pet and Livestock Feed on hand.
Here is a list of "essential businesses"
– Supermarkets and grocery stores

– Big box stores

– Pharmacies

– Discount stores, mini-markets, and non-specialized food stores

– Daycare centers

– Hardware stores

– Gas stations

– Banks

– Post Offices

– Laundromats and dry cleaners

– Veterinary clinics for domestic pets and pet stores
Wolf orders shutdown of all non-essential businesses in Pennsylvania

The President's tone was somber and serious, and I didn't sense panic other than concern about the stock market.
I wish he would just let Mike Pence take over these briefings, he is SO much more organized, thoughtful and articulate. He does not dismiss questions with "Oh it's fine, we're doing tremendous, you can all relax" but manages to be reassuring even when discussing bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie