Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for thoughts about where and how to self-isolate. My son is returning from international travel and is required to self-isolate for 2 weeks. I wish that a hotel would advertise that they have reserved, for example, two floors for people who need to self isolate. Has anyone found a solution for this when self-isolating at home is not a good option?

Love this....

Grocery stores across U.S. reserve shopping hours for senior citizens during coronavirus outbreak cbsn.ws/3d9OZa0

Older Americans, who are at a higher risk of getting sick during the coronavirus pandemic have been advised by the CDC to both stock up on supplies and consider taking steps to avoid crowds. At some grocery stores, that may seem impossible, as scores of people flock to supermarkets to buy emergency food and supplies.

Some supermarket chains are making sure older and at-risk Americans can both get the food they need and avoid crowds, by reserving special hours for this group.

Grocery stores across U.S. reserve shopping hours for senior citizens during coronavirus outbreak

Yes. Evaporated milk in the can is a good product to have some extra of in case fresh milk is not available.

But dont make the same mistake I almost made until someone here nicely corrected me. Condensed Milk is not the same as Evaporated Milk, and its the Evaporated Milk that you want to get.

Ha! My husband admitted to almost making that mistake when stocking up for us last week.

President Donald J. Trump Directs FEMA Support Under Emergency Declaration for COVID-19 | FEMA.gov

Coronavirus Disease 2019

President Trump has declared a nationwide emergency for COVID-19. This declaration increases federal support to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in its role as the lead federal agency for the federal government’s response.

—-

President Donald J. Trump Directs FEMA Support Under Emergency Declaration for COVID-19
Release date:
March 13, 2020
Release Number:
HQ-20-017
The federal government continues to take aggressive and proactive steps to address the COVID-19 threat as the health and safety of the American people remain a top priority.

Today, President Trump declared a nationwide emergency pursuant to Sec. 501(b) of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5121-5207(the “Stafford Act”). This increases federal support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in its role as the lead federal agency for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic response. As a result of the President’s decisive, unprecedented action, FEMA is directed to assist state, local, tribal, territorial governments and other eligible entities with the health and safety actions they take on behalf of the American public. Today’s declaration does not make direct financial assistance available to individuals.

The emergency declaration does not change measures authorized under other federal statutes and HHS remains the lead federal agency directing the federal response to COVID-19. FEMA actions will be in support of HHS and in coordination with state, tribal and territorial governments. Eligible emergency protective measures taken at the direction or guidance of public health officials in response to this emergency, and not supported by the authorities of another federal agency, will be reimbursed strictly under the FEMA Public Assistance program. FEMA assistance will be provided at a 75 percent Federal cost share. Reimbursable activities typically include emergency protective measures such as the activation of State Emergency Operations Centers, National Guard costs, law enforcement and other measures necessary to protect public health and safety.

For more information, visit the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Fact Sheet.

# # #

FEMA’s mission is to help people before, during and after disasters.

Follow FEMA online, on Twitter @FEMA or @FEMAEspanol, on FEMA’s Facebook page or Espanol page and at FEMA’s YouTube account. Also, follow Administrator Pete Gaynor’s activities @FEMA_Pete.

The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Related Content:
COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
El presidente Donald J. Trump dirige a FEMA a proporcionar apoyo bajo la Declaración de Emergencia por COVID-19
Last Updated:
March 14, 2020 - 11:33
Related State(s):
Headquarters
Region I
Region II
Region III
Region IV
Region V
Region VI
Region VII
Region VIII
Region IX

1. I know. I'm getting the creepy feeling that NIH, CDC, and FDA have lost the plot here.....

2. We DON'T have enough ventilators. Surgeons in my hospital are considering shutting down the OR's except for true emergencies and using the OR's and the anesthesia machines as ventilators because there just won't be enough if there are multiple Wuhan's going on around the country. And most of the ventilators used in the US are made in Germany, I read, so it's not like we can crank up Ford to start making them instead of pickuptrucks.

What would it take for Trump to ask China for their ventilators? China was so gracious to ship them to Italy to be used.

We are going to need ALL the ventilators we can get in about 10-14 days.

He won't accept tests from the WHO, no reason to think those Chinese ventilators aren't commie as well...

https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241238401.html

Daycares are closing Friday!

I took a break from the news and went for a long horseback ride in the mist. Very calming.

Horseback riding can soothe many an ill. My parents passed within a year of each other (and our dog (my best pal) died, as well). I have absolutely no idea why it entered my mind to seek out friends with horses - but something told me I needed to ride. I hadn't ridden in years - not since I was a child. But, sure enough... the riding, the brushing, the care and... "communication" (if you will)... made all the difference. Those wonderful horses saved my sad heart.

*Okay, enough from me posting semi-off-topic. :)

US funerals move to live-streaming.

As the coronavirus crisis escalates the US’s health protection agency has urged mourners to change drastically the way they say goodbye to loved ones - by live-streaming their funerals.

In a webinar with the National Funeral Directors Association and funeral homes across the US, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said funerals should be limited to a small number of mourners physically present, and streamed online for everyone else.

This is not because of a risk of being infected from a deceased person whose cause of death was coronavirus-related - the CDC said there was no evidence to suggest this was possible.

Instead, it is so people can adhere to “social distancing” advice, not just in the US, but in countries around the world.

Dr David Berendes, an epidemiologist at CDC, told the webinar: “As you think about planning for the event, limit the number of people if possible, use live-streaming options and perhaps have only immediately family on hand.”

The CDC had earlier recommended limiting gatherings to no more than 50 people, while US President Donald Trump said gatherings should be no larger than 10 people.

This is particularly crucial for events where many guests are considered vulnerable, either because they’re over 70 years old or because of underlying health conditions.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-51935266?__twitter_impression=true

NYC
Assistance & Guidance for Businesses Impacted Due to Novel Coronavirus - SBS

<snip> Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on March 8 that the City will provide relief for small businesses across the City seeing a reduction in revenue because of COVID-19. Businesses with fewer than 100 employees who have seen sales decreases of 25% or more will be eligible for zero interest loans of up to $75,000 to help mitigate losses in profit.

The City is also offering small businesses with fewer than 5 employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320