Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clear something up. We will all be together on this thread discussing just like we are now. The other categories will be added so you all can access certain pieces of info more quickly.

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE:

Procedure for opening Amazon delivery:

1. Blow airhorn to alert neighbors to immediately shelter indoors.

2. Don Hazmat suit, double glove.

3. As you spray Lysol, bleach, and Febreeze, quickly open front door.

4. Blow airhorn again as final warning.

5. Approach box and assure no living creature, other than yourself, is within a 6 foot perimeter

6. Spray box with Lysol, then bleach. Wait 3 minutes.

7. Using a dull plastic disposable knife, carefully cut tape.

8. Open package lid away from you and using a hand mirror, peek into the contents.

9. If this is your order, pick up with barbeque tongs and spray with Lysol/bleach.

10. Wait 3 minutes.

11. Turn and step into doormat decontamination tray.

12. Bring item indoors, LEAVE BOX ON PORCH and soak in the tub of bleach you have there for that purpose.

12. 2 quick toots on airhorn to alert neighbors coast is clear.

13, Remove Hazmat suit and place into lead box placed by door

14. Take shot of fortifying imbibable liquid you have at hand for "internal sanitation:

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE:

Procedure for opening Amazon delivery:

1. Blow airhorn to alert neighbors to immediately shelter indoors.

2. Don Hazmat suit, double glove.

3. As you spray Lysol, bleach, and Febreeze, quickly open front door.

4. Blow airhorn again as final warning.

5. Approach box and assure no living creature, other than yourself, is within a 6 foot perimeter

6. Spray box with Lysol, then bleach. Wait 3 minutes.

7. Using a dull plastic disposable knife, carefully cut tape.

8. Open package lid away from you and using a hand mirror, peek into the contents.

9. If this is your order, pick up with barbeque tongs and spray with Lysol/bleach.

10. Wait 3 minutes.

11. Turn and step into doormat decontamination tray.

12. Bring item indoors, LEAVE BOX ON PORCH and soak in the tub of bleach you have there for that purpose.

12. 2 quick toots on airhorn to alert neighbors coast is clear.

13, Remove Hazmat suit and place into lead box placed by door

14. Take shot of fortifying imbibable liquid you have at hand for "internal sanitation:
LOL !.... Doesn't everyone do this already?.....LOL !....moo

Someone brought this up on the last thread about how to self isolate if someone in the home is suspected of having the virus and you want to avoid other family members getting it.

In our household of two, we were just talking about that last night. We concluded that there is about two options.

One option is to pay for a motel room or if another vacant place is available, to have either the affected person or the non affected person stay in a separate place for a period of time. That option is obviously a difficult one to choose for many reasons but we did consider that and have it as a possibility. The other option is to create an isolated room in the home for the sick person and try to confine that person as best as possible to that room to avoid spreading germs to other members of the household.

For option 2 and due to the fact that germs can live on surfaces for a period of time and due to the fact it may not be obvious when the affected person is fully cured and not shedding virus anymore, it makes it difficult to know how long the affected person should remain isolated. And of course pets like dogs and cats become an almost impossible thing to avoid having contact with. We know that pets are not supposed to be able to catch it, but I do wonder about a wet dogs nose coming up to an affected person and then immediately going to greet a healthy family members. Transfer of virus from one person to another by a wet friendly pet's nose is not something I have seen studied yet. I seriously doubt I would be able to have one of us isolated in the home and not be able to greet our beloved dog.

Based on risk of the unaffected family members catching it, we concluded option 1 is probably the safer option but causes the most disruption and can be costly. Option 2 is probably what we will do but we expect we will fail and probably both end up getting sick if one of us catches it.

Its so important for everyone to try to avoid catching it to begin with. That way, we are not faced with these tough decisions.

As of this morning, I have GIVEN UP when folks I see on my Facebook feed have and disseminate incorrect information. They see it on the tv, and want to challenge even when I give more references to butress what I'm saying. As I said a week or so ago, I want to just say the Saturday Night Live quote of "Jane, you ignorant sl*t*. Sorry, I'm just not knowing how to help even my good friends get up to speed with what *I believe* is the reality. I am now moving to just posting information on my Facebook feed. If folks want to question, I'll answer as they must be interested to even do such as they are open. But I'm going to go crazy if I try to convince others that will not understand as we do here. It makes me so sad to be dismissed.. and what MSM and others placating *all is well, under control*... I disagree with.

It's gonna give me ulcers unless I do so, and sad to not be able to help my friends as I just don't know how to.

Suggestions anyone?

I’m seeing the same thing. A friend of my mom’s is mad that she didn’t go to her St. Patrick’s Day party. My 83 year old mother. This lady is much younger. And had been minimizing this virus last week. And she’s pretty educated and well informed typically so I don’t get it.

My ex’s roommate (who I went to law school with) is saying “to heck with it” but using a different word than heck, and has been going out to coffee shops and restaurants. He doesn’t even wash his hands when he comes in the house. I have told him several times how dangerous this is. He doesn’t seem to care.

It’s baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member