Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not required. Not doing testing because if they test positive, they cannot go home. So, better to test positive at home while endangering plane passengers, relatives, communtiy members. And, many of them are older. Except for the age difference, kinda reminds me of the kids on the FL beaches.

The start of real shortages, especially food.

How so on the food shortages? I was under the impression commercial traffic can cross the borders. Jmo

5CrxpiO3YTJtD7vR2SymAjqwxCAxuPqdVJWV9yAH_xs.jpg

Coronavirus live updates: Two DPS employees test positive
Updated: March 20, 2020 7:29 a.m.

“A couple who tested positive for COVID-19 attended mass March 8 at St. Angela Merici Parish in Missouri City, the church announced late Thursday on social media.

The husband collapsed during the 8 a.m. service and was helped out of the church, according to the post.”

[...]

More LE:

“9:44 p.m.

Two DPS employees have tested positive for COVID-19, the agency announced, without releasing any other details.”

[...]

“Texas Medical Center hospitals are preparing for a surge in patients by suspending elective surgeries, reports the Chronicle's Todd Ackerman.”

Great news (I think): DH's CoV19 test was negative! Whoohoo! Lots of kissin' going on in the Gardener home today. :D

Now I can go (carefully) search for food. We are out of all fresh produce and meat. We have been eating rice without butter for 2 days. All the stores that have curbside pick-up around me don't have any slots available until next week. I put in a small order for next week at one store as a back-up plan but I'm going to suit up with gloves, a mask, a headscarf, wrap-around sunglasses, a small supply of wipes and drive to the stores to check things out for myself. Any shopping tips? :)

mr-mrs-0f1f48f847.jpg

Last edited:
He stated he would fund it, so believe it applies to NYS, but other states could follow his lead.
And NY worked with other northeast states on shutting things down, so coalitions could form for this, too. I see that the President invoked the Defense Production Act. Very glad.

Last edited:
MICHIGAN

MDE: Online learning won't count toward instructional time

State education officials announced Friday that any online learning done at home during the statewide K-12 shutdown will not be counted as instructional time.

The memo was issued in response to questions Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was getting from superintendents and education officials since she ordered all K-12 schools closed through April 5, an action that sent 1.5 million Michigan school children home...

How are you holding up Zen?

Dear Bravo,

Good. :)Thanks for asking.:)

I'm self isolating (along with my husband) except for a few grocery runs. Maybe we are duo isolating? We wouldn't be a "duet" because we aren't musically gifted. Hmm... I'll have to think about that.:)

We've stocked up on frozen fruit, oatmeal, flax and yogurt. I love my breakfast concoction of all of that, especially with frozen (I do thaw them!) blueberries. Tastes like a dessert so that goes down well!

I am thankful for my little dog, a Shih Tzu, who is 13 years old and still a bundle of energy! We go for lots of little walks and that keeps me busy and out and about - with no people around!

We finally found 70% isopropyl alchol so I'm mixing that with the aloe from my aloe plants. I keep sanitizer by the front door so that I can sanitize the envelopes that come in from the mail and then I pump again and just bring the mail contents in.

Also, we pump our hands before we come right into the house. I feel that every little action can help.

I really like the twitter account #togetherathome because of all of the mini gigs that the musicians are posting on it (John Legend, Chris Martin, Charlie Puth, Keith Urban, etc.).

If anyone finds other websites or twitter sites like #togetherathome, please toss them onto this thread. :) It's so wonderful (and important!) to see these sites that are keeping up our morale!

Stay well everyone and thank you so much for all of the accurate and essential information you keep posting on here! You are all greatly appreciated!!:)

Namaste,
Zen

I don’t understand why orders need to be issued. We have been told repeatedly what we need to do & tanning at the beach is not on the list. Wth is wrong with people! So much defiance.
Good question. Still the leaders who hold office have the power,and duty to actually lead especially in times of crisis. Hope voters keep this in mind come election time. It doesn't matter the party affiliation, what does matter is their action,or lack thereof.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member