Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA....what a sweet story...the 5 year old got it

Our 5 year old seems to have deemed himself the local virus warden.
Over the fence to our neighbour:
‘JEAN YOU NEED TO GO INSIDE’
‘Okay I will in a minute’
‘YOU’RE OLD AND THERE’S A VIRUS’
‘I’m not that old thank you’
‘HOW OLD ARE YOU JEAN?’
‘I’m 68.’
‘THAT IS NEARLY 70 JEAN.’
Adam Bedford on Twitter

that's hilarious
thanks for the smile

This is the article that Margarita posted about heat and humidity:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/heal...ignificantly-reduce-spread-of-covid-19/703418

I am beginning to wonder if anyone really knows what is going on and I am beginning to wonder if I even want to know.
Thank you! I'd missed that article. I just read it; if I did so correctly, it's dealing ONLY with cities in China and how, as time went on (hotter or not), the virus diminished.

It does not take into account the Chinese government's DRASTIC efforts to resolve and contain the virus. That's a major factor.

If it's correct (other countries would need to be involved) that would be great. So far, no proof, sadly.

LEESBURG, Ga. — Three inmates in a Georgia prison have contracted the COVID-19 strain of coronavirus according to the state's Department of Corrections.

The organization said it was notified on Friday by the Georgia Department of Public Health that three offenders housed at Lee State Prison in Leesburg, Georgia had the illness. One of the inmates was hospitalized on March 15 and two were hospitalized the next day. Each had what authorities described as flu-like symptoms and had remained hospitalized since that time.

Three additional inmates at the same prison in Lee County are under observation for exhibiting flu-like symptoms. The prison has already undertaken various measures to screen and quarantine the entire inmate population.

All staff members are being screened before entry and none have exhibited symptoms of influenza or COVID-19.

3 Georgia prisoners test positive for coronavirus

Agreed more does need to be discovered. But there is quite a bit already regarding its being airborne (for hours), but sadly no one is paying attention.

Coronavirus lives for hours in air particles and days on surfaces, new US study shows

How long can the novel coronavirus survive on surfaces and in the air?

And if the media and government don't start saying the facts about how dangerous it is for young people in their 20s and 30s - many of whom are hospitalized now without any underlying conditions - it won't stop the spread.

It's much worse for women and people under 60 in the US than it was in China - I don't know why.

Obesity. Gender neutral smoking patterns. Diabetes. Metabolic disorders. Lack of exercise. High blood pressure (definitely a factor, related to obesity, virtually non-existent in the young to middle aged Chinese population) .

Perhaps, even, overuse of antibiotics - it will take time to tell about that one.

Of course, lack of compliance is also playing a role. But I think we'll see younger fatalities due to our overall health.

I have been trying to catch up but before I exhausted myself I wanted to share my grocery trip experience from today.
So while I consider myself stocked ( prepared early here with y'all) for 30 days or a little more on coffee, I am low on meat and fresh produce items and soda and water. I have been SIP with my 78 yo mother and we have been working our routine, finding new habits- who knew just getting the mail would become worrisome.

I placed a WMT pickup order and a Whole Food delivery both for today. I have never used these services. (It takes work and thought to do these services too~ I know someone here mentioned early on to get some stylus's so you don't have to touch/sign the delivers screen machine.) I am letting all pantry items sit in a rotation for 5 days or more at this point~I haven't really figured out how to get these items into my clean house yet! They are in my trunk and on back porch~ (this is crazy)

BUT, then I added a trip to the neighborhood grocery store! Friday afternoon-early, what could go wrong?? This was so terribly frightening that I can't even express how surreal it was. There were the young moms with hyper kids who think they are entitled, and then men with carts full of beer and baked beans (grunting and huffing as they pull up their dungarees) and women full in masks, gloves, and hazardous attire making me wish I had gone a little more "dressed" for the occasion. I filled up my cart with 2 of everything as I sang with the overhead speaker to Pure Prairie League; Aimee. I AM IN THE MIDST OF HAVING A PURE PANICK ATTACK AND MELTDOWN, right in the pickle isle.
I got in line with my favorite check out girl, Corrie, who has cerebral palsy. She is normally slow but friendly and chatty. Today she wasn't holding it together so well herself. She shoved paper towel and hand sanitizer in to me asking favor of me to clean down the key pad~as I was realizing what a mistake it was to have her touching and scanning all of my items. I couldn't believe and can't even finish to explain the CHAOS. I don't want to do that again.
Needless to say, I cried when I got home and told my mother of the awful scene. I can not accept that this will be our new normal. We must BEAT THIS DOWN!

Goodnight all, KEEP UP THE FIGHT to BEAT THIS!
stay sane and safe websleuth family

NORTH CAROLINA

Coronavirus local updates: North Carolina officials extend tax filing deadline
[...]

Live local updates from Friday:
9:56 p.m.

The North Carolina Department of Revenue announced that the tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15 for individual, corporate and franchise taxes.

“Taxpayers need relief during this difficult time and my administration is bringing it,” North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper said. “I will work with both Republicans and Democrats in the state legislature to provide additional help.”

The department said tax payments received after April 15 will still be charged accruing interest over the period from April 15 until the date the payment is made.

[...]

Top National Guard general refutes nationwide coronavirus quarantine rumors

A top National Guard general on Friday refuted false rumors of martial law and a nationwide quarantine as troops continue to get called up amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"I hear unfounded rumors about #NationalGuard troops supporting a nationwide quarantine," tweeted Gen. Joseph Lengyel, chief of the National Guard Bureau. "Let me be clear: There has been no such discussion."

[bbm]

what exactly does 'troops continue to get called up' mean?

Agreed more does need to be discovered. But there is quite a bit already regarding its being airborne (for hours), but sadly no one is paying attention.

Coronavirus lives for hours in air particles and days on surfaces, new US study shows

How long can the novel coronavirus survive on surfaces and in the air?

And if the media and government don't start saying the facts about how dangerous it is for young people in their 20s and 30s - many of whom are hospitalized now without any underlying conditions - it won't stop the spread.

It's much worse for women and people under 60 in the US than it was in China - I don't know why.

[bbm]

speculating ... perhaps less healthy??

TENNESSEE

Coronavirus leaves Nashville couples scrambling to rearrange wedding plans
[...]

Danyelle Valentine started planning her April wedding to fiance Joe Levickis in December 2018. Since then, she's done the announcements, programs and favor bags with a personal touch to reflect the merging of their different backgrounds.

But now, much of her money and time is wasted.

The couple postponed their April 11 wedding to Dec. 19 in New Orleans due to the coronavirus pandemic and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's recommendations restricting the size of gatherings.

Despite the worldwide pandemic postponing many couples' dream weddings, brides, grooms and vendors alike are working together to ensure those dreams still come true.

Dates are being rescheduled to available days later in the year and many vendors are just moving deposits.

[...]

That's what I'm doing this weekend with my husband, going out for a hike.
Since he works from home already (IT), being able to spend more time with him has been a special treat for me.

What I find frightening is that the public was warned about travelling way in advance about COVID-19, yet some people continued to travel overseas.

States across the US are investigating thousands of reports of coronavirus price gouging, from a $50 bottle of Purell to $10 for a single toilet roll

States across the US are investigating thousands of reports of coronavirus price gouging, from a $50 bottle of Purell to $10 for a single toilet roll

These re-selling hoarders need to have their accounts shut down and all profits confiscated from them. Jail time might help, too.

[bbm]

and a heavy fine used to make more masks!

[bbm]

speculating ... perhaps less healthy??
I think we eat better than most Chinese folks. We are certainly wealthier.

I think the problem is that the gov is doing nothing here, and the young think they're invincible, whereas the Chinese didn't have that superior feeling - they didn't know one way or the other when it started.

Also, as @10ofRods mentioned, we may have more young and female smokers here perhaps, but since the Chinese have far worse air, I'm not sure that's such a factor with this virus.

The Chinese also have thousands of years of Chinese medicine which may have helped many - to an unknown degree.

If I had to vote on it I'd say it's lack of government response combined with non-attentiveness of the young in the US that's the issue, sadly.

Last edited:
I Highly recommend this if you've got any tense muscles, or, if you are just tense... because of all of this.
* I do not own, or get a penny for this recommendation.
I just want to share. What I do.
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager - Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat for Shoulders, Lower Back, Calf - Use at Home and Car, Black, (ZMA-13-BK)
@ Amazon. Link here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BOYA2M2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Smile amazon donates to SPCA: (Animal Charity). Anyway....
If you are in need of some comfort, this little bad boy will do the trick. Trouble sleeping? Try this. It's $49.50 (free shipping).

Just read the nearly 13,000. ratings/reviews.

My personal review? I use it multiple times daily. No Drugs, just massage and heat.
Good Night my friends. Sleep well. Be well.

Coronavirus live updates: Canadian who was on cruise ship in Japan die

Canadian who was on cruise ship in Japan dies
Update 6:50 p.m. EDT March 20: Japan’s health ministry says a Canadian man who was a passenger infected with the coronavirus while on board the cruise ship Diamond Princess died of COVID-19 pneumonia..

The ministry offered condolences to the man, who is only identified as a man in his 70s. The ship that had carried an infected passenger early in its voyage returned to its home port Yokohama near Tokyo in early February. The 3,711 on board remained on the ship for a two-week quarantine that was much criticized as ineffective as allegedly making the vessel “an incubator.”

The Canadian is the eighth confirmed death from among those on the ship, where 712 people were infected and transferred to hospitals during the quarantine. A total of 551 have recovered and left hospitals, the ministry said. Of about 1,000 passengers who were allowed to return home after the 14-day on-board quarantine, seven later tested positive.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member