Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevada officials: Most people should not seek COVID-19 testing

This is crazy! No one really needs to be tested?!

Like, if we don't know the actual numbers, it doesn't exist?!

Perhaps in the US, most people should not be tested. In other countries, the goal is still to identify positive cases and impose mandatory self-isolation or quarantine for 14 days to ensure that community transmission is stopped. If there is no testing, many more people will become infected.

It is crazy to stop testing.

Diabetes in China is a relatively new disease, as the Chinese have become very wealthy and can afford the imported western diet. So as the Chinese adopt the western diet, they are becoming less healthy. This correlates with levels of wealth in Chinese cities also. The middle class in China have wealth that far exceeds the wealth of the middle class here in the U.S., and this happened between 2000 and 2010 or so, very quickly. MOO from spending part of the year in China every year since 2000. In 2000, that wasn't the case, but it is now.
Even more reason to consider what damage the traditional American/Western diet causes.

Nobody is taking this seriously. People have ridiculed me on Facebook. There is no testing in Fresno.

Contact your state representatives or congress members. Congressmember Devin Nunes is from the Central Valley and he takes this seriously. Also Senator Diane Feinstein has a district office in Fresno, at least she used to. MOO

Everyone please remember we can’t get too political the thread could get shut down and it is too important.

No worries ... we will not shut down the thread but we can and will issue thread bans and/or full blown TOs to members who violate TOS by bringing politics into the thread.

ETA: Members may wish to review The Rules. Political discussion is not allowed in any thread on Websleuths.

But hundreds of thousands of negatives might make it appear the virus is declining.
I was doing my hair so didn’t catch the full story but a do or on CNN said they can clinically diagnose a patient, just as they did prior to flu tests. They can advise the patient he likely has Covid, advise patient to isolate & the appropriate self care & to go to ER if they experience breathing probs. Moo
I never felt the rich & famous got tested because of their fame, I think they clearly met the criteria & contact tracing data confirmed they did in fact need a test. In all honesty, is there one NBA player or his family unaffected? If so, idk how. NBA player Smarts is positive but has not had any symptoms (previously linked).
Nevada officials: Most people should not seek COVID-19 testing

This is crazy! No one really needs to be tested?!

Like, if we don't know the actual numbers, it doesn't exist?!

I think not, mixes are well sealed. Expiration dates are required by law....
What I want to know is how the heck one keeps such a scrumptious delight long enough for it to expire.
Will a Ghirardelli Survival Double Chocolate Cake Mix that went out of date on October 17, 2019 kill you, if baked and consumed ?.......moo

This was before CV but I'm hoping hubby and I will benefit from our keto diet immunity.
Study finds the keto diet triggers the release of immune system cells that can tame the flu | Daily Mail Online
The two trainees are, Ryan Molony who found that immune system activators called inflammasomes can cause harmful immune system responses in their host, and Emily Goldberg who worked in Dixit's lab, which had shown that the ketogenic diet blocked formation of inflammasomes.

Co-senior author Akiko Iwasaki, the Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology and Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and an investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute said the findings were 'totally unexpected'.

'This study shows that the way the body burns fat to produce ketone bodies from the food we eat can fuel the immune system to fight flu infection, Dixit explained.

sillybilly thank you for reminding everyone not to bring their political thoughts into this thread.

At the present time, we are in the fight for our lives against this deadly virus.
Stay safe.

Last edited:
Imo, this is ridiculous, no one needs to grab a latte during a Target outing. Get in & get out of the stores. Completely agree with the employee.

'If that disease is anywhere, it's in that cash drawer': Workers are begging customers not to pay in cash at fast-food chains like McDonald's and Starbucks

"I wish my customers knew that we are putting ourselves at risk to serve them a cup of coffee and that many of us are scared and dreading going into work each day during this pandemic," an employee at a Starbucks located inside a Target said.

"I also wish they would stop paying us in cash and apologizing that we have to work while simultaneously being the reason we have to go to work," she continued. "I love my customers and have previously loved my job but working now during this pandemic it has shown that many companies prefer profit over well being."

Hi guys! Just checking in! Our chief health officer has given her daily update, so I'm bringing it here in case anyone is interested. So far, we still have 2 confirmed cases, both linked to travel. As of today (Saturday), we've done 300 tests and more results are expected tonight.

"P.E.I. chief public health officer Dr. Heather Morrison announced enhanced screening measures to battle the spread of COVID-19, including at the Confederation Bridge, the Charlottetown airport and the ferry in Souris.

Officials will be asking questions and directing Islanders who have come from out of province to self-isolate for 14 days, effective immediately, as well as telling them what that means — staying home, not going to the grocery store, Morrison said in her daily briefing Saturday."

So that covers all entry points to our island.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-covid-19-briefing-sarurday-1.5505584

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict