Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog is sitting in my long driveway watching the traffic speed by. She loves company, I guess she’s wondering why no one is stopping. Lol. And yes, a lot of my friends give her a treat or we fire up the grill, so my dog is thinking only of herself.

Last edited:
This was before CV but I'm hoping hubby and I will benefit from our keto diet immunity.
Study finds the keto diet triggers the release of immune system cells that can tame the flu | Daily Mail Online
The two trainees are, Ryan Molony who found that immune system activators called inflammasomes can cause harmful immune system responses in their host, and Emily Goldberg who worked in Dixit's lab, which had shown that the ketogenic diet blocked formation of inflammasomes.

Co-senior author Akiko Iwasaki, the Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology and Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and an investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute said the findings were 'totally unexpected'.

'This study shows that the way the body burns fat to produce ketone bodies from the food we eat can fuel the immune system to fight flu infection, Dixit explained.

Interesting! I also eat a keto diet. I lost 65 pounds three years ago. It was hard to dive, I required too much weight to submerge my fat self.

Anecdotal, of course, but I have not been sick for several years.

In New York, we have topped 10K, with 56 deaths as of yesterday. However, we are testing a breakneck numbers, and that is why you're seeing these numbers. Is it helping? Yes. As the positive cases are identified, we are able to contain/quarantine which stems the rate of new cases. This is what has been done in New Rochelle, and the rate of new cases is decreasing. Not as fast as we'd like, but it's a hopeful sign.

I suppose it's all matter of perception. New Yorkers will tell you that it needs to be taken very seriously. I can understand that in other states where the cases haven't even topped 100, it would seem like overkill. A piece of advice-it doesn't take long for that number to double. Better to be smart now, and play safe, then to regret it later when that number is hitting thousands in a matter of a week.

Meanwhile, my kids are literally bullying me into not stepping out of the house. I love them, but boy, are they super protective! So, what does one do? BAKE!

Fresh cornbread, apple coffee cake, and homemade hummus, so far. The kids are happily fed. If I keep it up, they may not let me out even after it's safe!:eek:

Nobody is taking this seriously. People have ridiculed me on Facebook. There is no testing in Fresno.

Oh, Fresno.

I grew up in a similar place. Got up this morning to see that my old hometown is the only place in its area that has new cases.

I do a unit on viruses and mutations in almost every class, and of course, most California students don't really know what a virus is (dirt and germs are the same thing, you know). They don't understand how small viruses are. The entire theory of how viruses work and are transmitted (which is medical fact of course) is unknown to them.

What you can't see can't really hurt you, right?

In one week, my state has gone from 0 to 126 cases. Thank goodness, no deaths yet.
The locals are still out and about and wiping out the shelves of Walmart.

Someone say chocolate cake???? Pass me piece of cake please.

I wish I liked cooking and baking but I hate it so badly. Heating up a can of soup is the extent of my cooking. Why bake when the Keebler Elves make such great cookies.

A friend in Tacoma owns a tooling company. They're designing and engineering the die for test kit trays.

My town looks like a ghost town. I drove through yesterday and stores are dark. The only ones open are some restaurants and the drug store. The police department lent them "No Parking" signs in order to use the space for curbside pickup.

The mom and pop (and son) delivery service is also active. They're now working 7 days a week and added lunchtime pickups for three days. We haven't ordered anything yet so I don't know how they're handling payment.

Uptown, where we live, the local bar was selling from the takeout window. They closed it as of today. Two other restaurants uptown have shut down completely but the corner store is still open.

The bakery shut down but is planning to continue baking bread to supply local stores which is good news.

Aaron Blake
@AaronBlake

·
2m

Pence says he will be tested for coronavirus later this afternoon after a staff member came down with it.

Like he said, if he doesn't have symptoms, there is no need to test. He doesn't appear to have symptoms, so shouldn't he let someone in need use the test - wasn't that the message, don't waste tests on people with no symptoms?

It's like watching the Canadian health minister preaching about leading by example about sitting 6 feet from others, while we can see that everyone sitting next to her is almost bumping elbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway