Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive cases have been reported from several faculties (science, business, medicine) at the local university. Everyone has to arrange to pick up their stuff and stay home, except those who need to keep the buildings safe and operational.

“DENVER — Coronavirus cases continue to rise in Colorado, with the statewide total at 475 cases as of Saturday afternoon, including six deaths.

[...]

“Saturday, March 21

5:33 p.m. | First Colorado National Guard member tests positive for COVID-19

A Colorado National Guard Member tested positive for COVID-19, according to a release from the National Guard. The patient, a man in his 30s, is being cared for in isolation at Fort Carson. The Douglas County resident does not require hospitalization at this time, the release read.“”

Coronavirus in Colorado: Latest COVID-19 updates across the state

NEW YORK

NEW: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says New York is performing more COVID-19 tests than any other state, adding more than 3,000 new positive cases in the state. "We're doing more tests than any state... so our numbers should be higher." Coronavirus live updates: Pence and wife to get tested, 793 more deaths in Italy
ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

MORE: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo: "The Westchester number is slowing. We did a New Rochelle containment area, the numbers would suggest that that has been helpful, so I feel good about that." Coronavirus live updates: Pence and wife to get tested, 793 more deaths in Italy
ABC News on Twitter

My son works on a drilling rig in Newfoundland but resides in New Orleans La. He will not be able to return to his next 21 day shift until travel bans are lifted. Louisiana is being hit really hard and out governor has taken major steps to stop the spread.

Can he not find a place to stay locally to keep his job? If he doesn't show up for work, choosing to leave the country between shifts - knowing that he will be blocked, might not fly.

N.Y. Weighs Four Temporary Hospitals Sites, Including Javits Center
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said one million face masks were being sent to hospitals in New York City and another 500,000 to Long Island.

“New York hospitals have continued to see a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, surpassing 10,000 as of Saturday. The relentless spike is thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point, officials have said.

In the Bronx, for example, doctors at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center said they had only a few remaining ventilators. In Brooklyn, doctors at Kings County Hospital Center said they were so low on supplies that they were reusing masks for up to a week, slathering them with hand sanitizer between shifts.

Disaster Declaration gives New York access to billions in aid.
The Trump administration has issued a Major Disaster Declaration for the state, meaning more federal aid is coming to New York as cases of coronavirus show no sign of abating.

As of Saturday, 10,356 New York state residents had tested positive for the virus. With 6 percent of the U.S. population, the state now accounts for nearly half of the cases in the country, as tallied by The New York Times.”

-more at link

Story about West Virginia's first COVID-19 positive patient and how difficult it was for his wife to not only get him tested, but to get the results.

All the time, policitians were congratulating W Virgina for having it all under control when there was clearly NO plan and NO accountability

The story behind West Virginia's 'no coronavirus' statistic - CNN

My son works on a drilling rig in Newfoundland but resides in New Orleans La. He will not be able to return to his next 21 day shift until travel bans are lifted. Louisiana is being hit really hard and out governor has taken major steps to stop the spread.
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's job, but I'm glad Louisiana is stepping up! (It's times like this you realize how small the world really is!) I hope your family takes care and stays well!

I see a lot of questions asking why Germany has a relative low % of #Covid deaths.
To illustrate, I used the Iceberg analogy showing the effects of testing on detection rate and thereby reported death rate. The more of the iceberg visible, the lower the reported death rate. Debby Bogaert on Twitter
Debby Bogaert on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_200909.jpg
    IMG_20200321_200909.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
. No more Hazelnut coffee from the gas station - Trudie opened my eyes on getting
@Kensie call me paranoid. I was once in my fave gas station getting my lottery tickets. An elderly man raced in looking for the restroom. The only kind way of articulating what happened next is to say it sounded like his colon burst. Not only did he NOT wash his hands, he got a to go coffee, fumbling with cups/lids.
I found out two days later that both clerks quit. They called their mgr to come in. Neither clerk would tackle the bathroom mess & I don’t blame them.

MICHIGAN....omg....how I wish I could fix stupid

Very disappointed to read this @GovWhitmer. Whitmer exempts Michigan churches from penalties for 50+ gatherings

We are making drastic changes to our lives & businesses to deal w #Covid_19, so why undermine that by permitting large faith based gatherings? Consider S. Korea’s church spread.
Sheril Kirshenbaum on Twitter
BBM. The Gov is likely trying to respect the separation of church and state. Church leadership should make the decisions.

Cardinal Blase Cupich announced Friday that Mass will be suspended in all churches starting Saturday evening, the most rigid restrictions since the 1918-19 Spanish flu epidemic, but churches may remain open for those seeking private prayer. Cupich encouraged parishes with the ability to broadcast Mass online to do so, as priests traditionally say a daily Mass even without a congregation.
Chicago-area religious leaders including Cardinal Cupich suspend services but Catholics offer online Mass, close schools to contain coronavirus

The US has officially pass Spain regarding number of cases, is now right behind Italy. I have speculated that the US will be the next epicentre. It might come true in the next couple of days.

View attachment 239683

Coronavirus Update (Live): 306,677 Cases and 13,017 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
I think US is already an epicentre. And we are still not testing even if people have symptoms, with some cities even saying you don't need a test unless you are close to dying. So we clearly have many more people who are infected than the official numbers show.

I have been on a few cruises that I had saved money for a long time to go on. The last one was a river cruise in Europe. That was the best vacation of my life. After I returned from it, I told myself no cruise will ever top this. It was great and I am so glad that I went on it.
Now, I really don't have any interest in traveling very far away. That cruise satisfied so many things that I had wanted to do for decades.

Things I never thought about previously in my life , I am now thinking about:
1. No more Hazelnut coffee from the gas station - Trudie opened my eyes on getting
drinks from a gas station (where you have to use lids and who has touched them).
2. No more buffets - I never liked buffets anyway but who has touched the serving utensil
before you and where have they been.
3. Even though I launder clothing that I purchase before I wear them - I think my clothing purchases are going to dwindle for a while (my spouse will be glad). Who has tried on the item, who has sneezed/coughed while trying on the item, etc. I know I am getting paranoid.
4. I am finally aware of the environment around me.
5. I don't think I want to stay in a hotel again - thinking of the bed linens.
6. I don't want to get on a train or airplane.
7. I am super glad that I live on 55 acres and my neighbors are deer.

At the current time, I am paranoid.
Consider yourself blessed.
Hunkered down in the wide open spaces with fresh air.
Now, you may feel a tad lonely but you have Websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga