Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easy for people to pass judgement on others. No one really understands a situation until you are in it. You need to do what is best for you and don't worry about what others say. Everybody has an opinion. Talk is cheap. I am an introvert and I like being by myself. I don't have the gift of gab (how I have wished my whole life for it) but I do have a spouse and my pups. I also love quiet. I can imagine for a person that is not an introvert like me, it must be extremely difficult to be alone for weeks on end. I hope you do not stay lonely. I wish I could help.
As someone said, “You need to be your own Best Friend” In other words, enjoy your own company. I also enjoy being by myself with 2 Irish Setters, Great friends, living on an Island, but Alone is just fine. See it as an Opportunity.

A county judge exec in my circle explained the state’s hotline like this. Say I, Trudie, presents near death & confirmed positive. Then John Doe calls the hotline, during his Q & A he mentions his sister Trudie Doe tested positive, yet John only has a cough. BAM, his info is entered into the databank as “presumed positive”. Then Jane Doe calls, not feeling well but worried....turns out she works for a John Doe & recently met his sister Trudie Doe. BAM “presumed positive”. Next Sam Doe calls, he painted Jane Doe’s house, Sam has a fever, “presumed positive”. And so it goes.

Last edited:
Even before this pandemic cruises often had their own problems. I can’t imagine a more germ filled vessel. Moo
Grateful I went on many in the past and had enough of them to last me a lifetime. Not at all my vacay of choice. Mostly ours were gifted to my husband thru his work.

I have been on a few cruises that I had saved money for a long time to go on. The last one was a river cruise in Europe. That was the best vacation of my life. After I returned from it, I told myself no cruise will ever top this. It was great and I am so glad that I went on it.
Now, I really don't have any interest in traveling very far away. That cruise satisfied so many things that I had wanted to do for decades.

Things I never thought about previously in my life , I am now thinking about:
1. No more Hazelnut coffee from the gas station - Trudie opened my eyes on getting
drinks from a gas station (where you have to use lids and who has touched them).
2. No more buffets - I never liked buffets anyway but who has touched the serving utensil
before you and where have they been.
3. Even though I launder clothing that I purchase before I wear them - I think my clothing purchases are going to dwindle for a while (my spouse will be glad). Who has tried on the item, who has sneezed/coughed while trying on the item, etc. I know I am getting paranoid.
4. I am finally aware of the environment around me.
5. I don't think I want to stay in a hotel again - thinking of the bed linens.
6. I don't want to get on a train or airplane.
7. I am super glad that I live on 55 acres and my neighbors are deer.

At the current time, I am paranoid.

Last edited:
The difference is the government having to DIRECT private companies to produce/manufacture etc. In this crisis, the President doesn't need to do that because private companies have volunteered to produce supplies. That's the way I understand it. And there is this to help you understand:
What exactly is the Defense Production Act?
Is the volunteerism expected to be sustainable (financially)? Enough to protect our health care workers? Are we going to help these companies so that we aren't just counting on their charity to get the job done? People are reusing equipment right now. Health care workers are getting sick.

Coronavirus is changing everyday life across the US

99 PHOTOS
5:37 p.m. EDT Mar. 21, 2020

999c7ffc-ea7a-473b-9b25-62d98074b4c2-XXX_FLFWB_Florida_Coronavirus_Beach_Closures1.JPG

Signs block the paths to the beach at the Okaloosa Island, Florida, Boardwalk, Saturday, March 21, 2020, as beach closure orders are in effect for Walton and Okaloosa Counties in the Northwest Florida panhandle.

c4004b36-1cf9-4584-ab8b-0f235318aab3-USP_News__Coronavirus.JPG

Medical personnel administer tests to New Jersey residents at the drive-through coronavirus testing center at Bergen County Community College in Paramus, New Jersey on Friday, March 20, 2020.

82599048-e77c-4446-ad01-b4720ebf6b0a-XXX_032020_CoronaFH_03_bb.jpg

A sign at Ever Open Cafe references the statewide closure of restaurants in Fort Collins, Colo. on Friday, March 20, 2020. Gov.¤Jared Polis ordered all Colorado restaurants, bars and breweries close to public dining and drinking on Monday, March 16, 2020.

700b8e40-0c03-4732-a1ec-258b16afae8d-AP_Virus_Outbreak_California.JPG

Extremely light traffic moves along the 110 Harbor Freeway toward downtown mid afternoon, Friday, March 20, 2020, in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
On the timing of the HHS n95 mask order and distribution, Vice Pres. Mike Pence tells @ABC's @TrevorLAult: "HHS is completing a half a billion dollar order of the n95 masks...and we are responding specifically to state requests where the needs arrive." Coronavirus live updates: Pence and wife to get tested, 793 more deaths in Italy ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Vice Pres. Mike Pence says member of his staff who tested positive for COVID-19 is "doing well," and that neither he nor Trump had direct contact with them, adding: "Both I and my wife will be tested for the coronavirus later this afternoon." Coronavirus live updates: Pence and wife to get tested, 793 more deaths in Italy ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Things like this make people think the virus is not serious.
My MI house is in a rural area, not near any hospitals. I wouldn’t want to be there and suddenly unable to breathe.
but on the other hand, people living far from town (1/2 hour or so) do tend to buy more and limit going to the stores as often, therefore they have less person to person contact maybe? I’m spoiled cuz my permanent KY home/farm is exactly three minutes from the shopping district.

MICHIGAN....omg....how I wish I could fix stupid

Very disappointed to read this @GovWhitmer. Whitmer exempts Michigan churches from penalties for 50+ gatherings

We are making drastic changes to our lives & businesses to deal w #Covid_19, so why undermine that by permitting large faith based gatherings? Consider S. Korea’s church spread.
Sheril Kirshenbaum on Twitter

Things like this make people think the virus is not serious.
My MI house is in a rural area, not near any hospitals. I wouldn’t want to be there and suddenly unable to breathe.
but on the other hand, people living far from town (1/2 hour or so) do tend to buy more and limit going to the stores as often, therefore they have less person to person contact maybe? I’m spoiled cuz my permanent KY home/farm is exactly three minutes from the shopping district.

I live on 55 acres and I am near everything. Five minutes from the Hospital, Walmart, Public and Papa Johns. I am kind of isolated in the middle of everything. A good combination IMO especially now with this virus.

Haha, when you take people out their normal routine, sometimes it does not turn out well. :)
Yeah....so many actually don’t like their spouse/family & could avoid them. Now not so easy to have a long day at the office. Some people tolerate ill behaved children, using the school hours to escape, now there is no escape from their obnoxious kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..