Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness. I had no idea. They told me it was to make her settle down and sleep! She’s been sleeping a lot today. I will tell my daughter to be sure she gives her the melatonin tonight.

We can’t get the antibiotic in her. I crushed it up and put it in her food. I’m hoping before we go to bed, she’ll nibble a little. She doesn’t want anything to eat at all. Not even a cheese treat. She has vomited 3 more times. I think the anesthesia is throwing her for a loop. Poor thing. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I follow this site too for Oregon. The county next to ours reported on the local news last night a positive test in a hospital worker. So far that county hasn’t been listed. I’m not sure if there is a lag time. Usually the site is pretty accurate. But they did add a new death today bringing Oregon up to 5.

True for my County. That site says 62 but our County link says 97 tested positive today for today.

I just checked the OR state site again and it’s up to date and includes that new county...with just under 3000 tests performed in the whole state! *insert banghead emoji*

Oregon Health Authority | COVID-19 Updates

I follow this site too for Oregon. The county next to ours reported on the local news last night a positive test in a hospital worker. So far that county hasn’t been listed. I’m not sure if there is a lag time. Usually the site is pretty accurate. But they did add a new death today bringing Oregon up to 5.
I saw that Humboldt County has a 2nd case, per Kym Kemp, but it's not on that site yet either.

Another one. Again, I by no means want to turn a very serious situation into a joke, but a good laugh a couple times per day keeps the doctor away… especially when you have to self-isolate.

Chris Mann – Stay Home Vogue

https://youtu.be/3xt58OVnmXU
I kept waiting for the lyrics to tell him to STOP TOUCHING HIS FACE! but they never did... :D

I've had multiple autoimmune issues for over thirty years. All of which have been helped by a non-animal-product diet. I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about the non-scientific animal-based diet. It's not scientific, it's a fad. The people quoted are not scientists.

Not to mention, there is no ay anyone has had time to do scientific studies about diet as pertains to THIS corona virus. Scammers gonna scam.

This was before CV but I'm hoping hubby and I will benefit from our keto diet immunity.
Study finds the keto diet triggers the release of immune system cells that can tame the flu | Daily Mail Online
The two trainees are, Ryan Molony who found that immune system activators called inflammasomes can cause harmful immune system responses in their host, and Emily Goldberg who worked in Dixit's lab, which had shown that the ketogenic diet blocked formation of inflammasomes.

Co-senior author Akiko Iwasaki, the Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology and Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and an investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute said the findings were 'totally unexpected'.

'This study shows that the way the body burns fat to produce ketone bodies from the food we eat can fuel the immune system to fight flu infection, Dixit explained.
I've had multiple

Oh my goodness. I had no idea. They told me it was to make her settle down and sleep! She’s been sleeping a lot today. I will tell my daughter to be sure she gives her the melatonin tonight.

We can’t get the antibiotic in her. I crushed it up and put it in her food. I’m hoping before we go to bed, she’ll nibble a little. She doesn’t want anything to eat at all. Not even a cheese treat. She has vomited 3 more times. I think the anesthesia is throwing her for a loop. Poor thing. Tomorrow will be a better day.
What is the antibiotic? Some meds taste awful. Metronidazole is an antibiotic that is especially bad tasting and she would not eat her food if she tasted that. I wrap pills in a small piece of chicken if we have it. Or cheese or bread.
I am no vet so you can do your own research but you can give her 1/2 a Pepcid 10 mg. Generic is fine. 30 mins before a meal. This may help settle her stomach so food stays down.

New Jersey’s governor just announced that anyone who has a second home along the shore is to go home to their primary residence and not use another county’s resources if they get sick.
I have to say if I had that second home at the beach it would be where I would want to shelter in place. Walks on the beach in the fresh air. Doesn't get any better than that.
MOO.

Awesome news regarding the animals!!! For my dog, I wrap pill in cream cheese.
We have sun butter because we’re both allergic to peanuts but yes, we tried that. Thank you for your suggestion. Everyone here has been so helpful. She finally ate today! I was able to get her other med in her too by holding her chin up. Then she got a little piece of cheese for doing so good!

I received an email from the shelter. They were able to either adopt out, or place in a home, every animal today!!

I have an incentive spirometer left over from when I fractured my tibia and fibula and was hospitalized. I use it at least 3x daily to make sure I'm fully expanding all those little very important alveoli in my lungs.

It's a good thing for someone who is less active, such as some of us practicing strict social isolation, and a good way to keep your lungs 'active" too. They are easy to find on Amazon or Walmart ( less than $25) and you can google for the correct setting.

Of course, if it irritates your existing cough, it should probably not be used until you feel it doesnt exacerbate the coughing spasms.

How To Use an Incentive Spirometer

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

In Tricia's , the forum owners words, on page one of these threads:

Hey Everyone,
If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one. Again, I by no means want to turn a very serious situation into a joke, but a good laugh a couple times per day keeps the doctor away… especially when you have to self-isolate.

Chris Mann – Stay Home Vogue

https://youtu.be/3xt58OVnmXU

Hopefully young folks may see this and ....stay home.

Moo

Okay. Anyone know when we will actually start invoking the Defense Production act and provide for our health care staff????? Because that was not at all clear at this morning's press conference. Something about competition. I admit to ignorance about why this is a concern right now, when the need is so great.

And that is critical to containing this and providing for future medical care after we peak.

Last edited:
Oh dear. It's hard to truly get away from them. You probably share ATM machines, door handles, elevator buttons, mail rooms, grocery carts, and who knows what else.

You could check with your local municipal government to see if they've implemented smaller group limits. In these parts, even though the provincial group limit is 50 people, our municipal limit is 10 people no closer than 2 metres/yards apart.

thank you for your response- fortunately we are not in high rise so we dont have to have contact with them unless we see them walking around or go to the pool, which we wont do

And ... it wouldn't hurt to call your association prez again to see if some safer guidelines can be put in place. You could remind her that she has some responsibility to keep the place safe.

I also wonder if hubby n I had a very mild case a few weeks ago. Both had sore throats for nearly two weeks, dry cough but not excessive or painful. I had a severe headache for 3 days and red itchy, crusty eyes. No fevers. It is not allergy season here in Australia, we don’t suffer from that and mine started a little after his. Time will tell I suppose, be great if they get a antibody test.
Worry for my son who is a police officer and his wife a teacher who has a co morbidity (our schools are still open).

ATLANTA

ATLANTA — An email from the office of the president of Georgia State University released Saturday morning said that a staff member working in the Robinson College of Business has tested positive for COVID-19.

The university says they have contacted others who may have been in proximity to the staff member.

According to CDC guidelines, it is mandatory for those who have been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 to self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of notification.

Health officials are taking precautionary measures to quickly identify cased of COVID-19 and take appropriate measures to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the general public.

The individual was reported to last be on the GSU campus on March 12. According to the university, the employee is being treated at a local hospital.

Georgia State staff member tested positive for COVID-19

We have sun butter because we’re both allergic to peanuts but yes, we tried that. Thank you for your suggestion. Everyone here has been so helpful. She finally ate today! I was able to get her other med in her too by holding her chin up. Then she got a little piece of cheese for doing so good!

I received an email from the shelter. They were able to either adopt out, or place in a home, every animal today!!

have you tried wrapping the pill in cheese? Or lunch meat or bread —- anything that can be wrapped tightly around the pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay